• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach or OKW

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide on CB or OKW for a quick adults only trip this summer. Looking for thoughts from anyone who’s stayed at both recently

I’ve stayed at both resorts. Neither are my favorite. I would sooner stay at POFQ over OKW again. Both are but nice resorts, but my husband I actually like having a food court (which OKW doesn’t have). The pool at OKW is nice, but the resort itself is very spread out. It you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Can't speak to OKW, but I've stayed at CB and wasn't impressed. People seem to love the CB pool but I thought it was just okay, and actually prefer the pools at the value resorts I've stayed at. It's also huge, so unless you pay extra for a preferred room you can expect to have a long walk to get anywhere. Overall I've enjoyed staying at both Pop Century and Art of Animation better, so I really don't think the jump in cost for CB is worth it at all.

Thanks! We don’t mind a walk and I’m hit or miss about food courts but I like having a refillable mug. That may actually decide for us.

I get the impression OKW is a lot more chill than CB. Is that true?

We would also like a decent pool bar to have a drink in the evening without having a crush of people.

Thanks! We don’t mind a walk and I’m hit or miss about food courts but I like having a refillable mug. That may actually decide for us.

I get the impression OKW is a lot more chill than CB. Is that true?

We would also like a decent pool bar to have a drink in the evening without having a crush of people.

You can refill your mug at Good’s To Go. I wouldn’t say it’s a lot more chill than CBR. The main pool is still really busy and the resort itself was pretty crowded. I have to say, the buses weren’t bad. It was pretty quiet around the resort at night though.

Yes, the disadvantage of OKW is that it's not much on availability of on-site dining. However, you can always take the boat over to Disney Springs where there are lots of choices.
However, the advantage is that there's a balcony. And for a glass of wine, a balcony can't be beat. And I love the Gurgling Suitcase, the little bar at OKW.

OKW is our favorite. We go once a year and rarely leave for parks. I haven’t done CB but we love OKW because of the closeness of the main pool to food, bar, fitness center, shuffleboard, the boat to Disney springs, Olivia’s, etc. We always request close to hospitality house so you can easily walk to the pool etc. But because we don’t do parks and we are active seniors, having the fitness center, tennis courts etc close by are important to us. Plus the rooms are quite large and most overlook the golf course. The one bedrooms have a full size laundry room not just stackable machines in a closet plus a large kitchen. OKW does not have elevators in most buildings so we prefer the first floor to avoid pulling the bags upstairs.

Trying to decide on CB or OKW for a quick adults only trip this summer. Looking for thoughts from anyone who’s stayed at both recently
I'd pick CB over OKW since you have the skyliner and access to the Riviera for more dining options. Neither are my favorite resort but I would only choose OKW over CBR if you need more space in your room but if it's just two adults, the CBR rooms are just fine. Both resorts are pretty big and spread out but of course, your getting around the resort will vary based on where your room is.

OKW does get you access to the Extra Evening Hours so if that is something you would utilize/will actually fall during your trip it may be worth considering. I would probably lean towards OKW because of that since I prefer evenings in the summer and that extra time is really helpful.

Definitely in the OKW column for us. It's one we've enjoyed many times. CBR is just so-so for us. OKW offers larger rooms, plenty of pool options (the main pool and 3 quiet pools), restaurant/bar/entertainment in the main hospitality area, and SO many dining/entertainment/shopping options just a short boat ride away at Disney Springs.

OKW does get you access to the Extra Evening Hours so if that is something you would utilize/will actually fall during your trip it may be worth considering. I would probably lean towards OKW because of that since I prefer evenings in the summer and that extra time is really helpful.
Just a weekend trip so no extra hours, unfortunately

Both are big. In my opinion CB is easier to get around inside of due to dedicated internal shuttle and either on can put you far from the main area of the resort. OKW has bigger rooms with a balcony which is nice if you spend time at the resort. OKW internal shuttle is a combination of park and springs buses which can be a little confusing for some.

We stayed mainly CBR and riverside before joining dvc. Now we own riviera. Me and wife stayed at OKW for a few nights. It was ok. Wasn’t really impressed. The chicken at Olivia’s was best part.
Normally Disney hotels blow me away and okw didn’t.
I’d stay CBR. Stay in Aruba I think right by skyliner and close to riviera. You can fill drinks at riviera. Plus I like the food court and shop at CBR and pool is great. I dont mind it being spread out.

I would much rather stay at a Mod over OKW or SSR. OKW has a bigger room, but our family of 4, we have absolutely no issues staying in a value room so the size is not important to us and neither is a balcony. Our family really liked the fort style pool at CBR and the skyliner is a GREAT option for 2 parks. Extra evening hours is a big plus for OKW, but only if you are going to MK or Epcot on that given day.

We stayed at OKW this February and loved it. If you plan to go to DS, the ferry ride is enjoyable. Although the main pool gets busy we never couldn’t find a seat and there was space to swim. Each quiet pool has a hot tub and the balcony and atmosphere is relaxing. If you aren’t going to be at parks from open to close and want a relaxed atmosphere I would choose OKW. Busses were timely too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter