Caribbean Beach State Correctional Facility

Deploraboo

Mouseketeer
In a word, bad. Served one night this week in a “pirate room” in Building 39 here, and could not wait to leave. First, the pool is painfully small. Second, if you get the “pirate room”, despite, as we did, specifically requesting rooms months in advance closer to the main lobby building, you may get stuck, as we did, in Buildings 35+ which are calf-splittingly far away from the main area. Our “water view” room was on first floor, and the only view we had was of hordes of people walking by and peering into our room.
Sure, the Skyliner is great, but Buildings 37-39 are still magically far away, equidistant in fact from the Skyliner as the Skyliner is to the main lobby, so unless you’re a power walker, you’ll be in a world of pain. Moreover, you’ll be regaled on he walkway with vapers/smokers who we’re likely exiled from their rooms and don’t bother to check where the actual designated smoking areas are. In addition, we were greeted upon life affirming departure in the 37-39 parking pickup area with a generous pot stink which wafted about the “quad”.

Just a plain horrible experience and the by the time we finally got the the “pirate“ room, we frankly couldn’t care less and just started counting the seconds until our early release For good behavior.

eta: had dinner also at sebastians which was meh. Cilantro rice was a highlight but the bread service is highly overrated and the skirt steak was just plain bad.

Last edited:
In a word, bad. Served one night in a “pirate room” in Building 39 here, and could not wait to leave. First, the pool is painfully small. Second, if you get the “pirate room”, despite, as we did, specifically requesting rooms closer to the main lobby building, you may get stuck, as we did, in Buildings 35+ which are calf-splittingly far away from the main area. Sure, the Skyliner is great, but Buildings 37-39 are still magically far away, equidistant in fact from the Skyliner as the Skyliner is to the main lobby, so unless you’re a power walker, you’ll be in a world of pain. Moreover, you’ll be regaled on he walkway with vapers/smokers who we’re likely exiled from their rooms and don’t bother to check where the actual designated smoking areas are. In addition, we were greeted upon life affirming departure in the 37-39 parking pickup area with a generous pot stink which wafted about the “quad”.

Just a plain horrible experience and the by the time we finally got the the “pirate“ room, we frankly couldn’t care less and just started counting the seconds until out release.

eta: had dinner also at sebastians which was meh. Cilantro rice was a highlight but the bread service is highly overrated and the skirt steak was just plain bad.
:lmao: Correctional facility. LOL! That bad eh? :rotfl:

WOW is all I can say to that. Sorry for your way :scared:less than Magical Experience at CBR!. I thought the Skyliner was drastically improving things over there, but I guess sadly unless you book a preferred room that may not be the case.

Sorry it didn't work out. Were you not aware that the pirate rooms were located in the Trinidad section? I assume by painfully small pool you are referring to the 'quiet' pool located nearby and not the main feature pool. One thing I wish they would do is build another bridge across the water to more easily connect Trinidad to the Skyliner.

We stayed there in 2010 and i agree with you, some rooms are very far from the main area or bus stops.
As for the pool, i found them average size. But back in 2010, the main slide was closed...that sucked.

WOW is all I can say to that. Sorry for your way :scared:less than Magical Experience at CBR!. I thought the Skyliner was drastically improving things over there, but I guess sadly unless you book a preferred room that may not be the case.
Actually, the "preferred" category hasn't been updated since the Skyliner opened, so "preferred" rooms are in no way shape or form near nor promised to BE near the skyliner.

Sorry it didn't work out. Were you not aware that the pirate rooms were located in the Trinidad section? I assume by painfully small pool you are referring to the 'quiet' pool located nearby and not the main feature pool. One thing I wish they would do is build another bridge across the water to more easily connect Trinidad to the Skyliner.

The first question is mine also. If you booked a Pirate Room, it is not going to be close to the lobby. If you had not booked a Pirate Room but they put you in it, you could have asked to be placed in your booked category or another (since everything is lower than a Pirate Room in terms of pricing) category. But if you booked a Pirate Room, that is on you for not doing research.

Last edited:

The first question is mine. If you booked a Pirate Room, it is not going to be close to the lobby. If you had not booked a Pirate Room but they put you in it, you could have asked to be placed in your booked category or another (since everything is lower than a Pirate Room in terms of pricing) category. But if you booked a Pirate Room, that is on you for not doing research.

I've never understood the pricing on the Pirate rooms. They charge more for the room because of the pirate theme, but the theme in the room is really the only "bonus". If anything they should price the Pirate rooms the lowest to entice people to stay in that area. We stayed their once (required do to free dining package) and I didn't mind it so much. Gave me a nice walk to get coffee for me and DW every morning while she got ready, but it was a a little tough when taking kids to the pool or activities.

Yeah, we stopped staying there years ago due to people smoking wherever they wanted and smoke getting into our room. The hazards of staying in "motel" like resorts without indoor hallways.

I've never understood the pricing on the Pirate rooms. They charge more for the room because of the pirate theme, but the theme in the room is really the only "bonus". If anything they should price the Pirate rooms the lowest to entice people to stay in that area. We stayed their once (required do to free dining package) and I didn't mind it so much. Gave me a nice walk to get coffee for me and DW every morning while she got ready, but it was a a little tough when taking kids to the pool or activities.

That is why they themed them---no one wanted to be out in the resort boonies!

I too am not a fan. The resort is too big and spread out for my liking.

We were also in building 39 and it is a long walk to main lobby. Skyliner is long but okay. Had you looked up resort then would have known it is large and spread out. I wish we had requested a closer room also. No problem with the smokers or vapers but see how it could be bad. Main pool is ok in size. It is a moderate only. Poly main pool around the same size. The other pools are smaller. Easy to research all of this ahead of time. Sometimes room is luck of the draw.

I can get that you don't care for it but you can't book a pirate room and then complain that you got put in the building with the pirate room. Sorry, but that's what you booked so that's where you were placed. Don't like it, don't book it. You can't put that on Disney, now can you? The gall, they put you in the room you booked. LOL

It is a fun little trick that you can book a pirate room but surprise! It’s the furthest building away. Unless you look at a map first which we did not our first time either. Our water view was also nonexistent and was one of the few times we’ve ever complained. We stayed in the heart of the construction and still didn’t have the hate you’re sharing though. We loved the main pool area but the smaller quiet pools are nothing special.
Hope the next resort was better?

It would be nice if there was some way to know that if you book a Pirate room you can't get close to lobby too.
I gotta say though, and this was before I even came to Dis boards, I booked CBR as our first resort for our first stay and learned then that the Pirate rooms where far from everything, and this was when you had to check in at the old OPR location. So it wasn't hard to find out even then. Even without lots of research.

You did the right thing by leaving.
Personally I'm amazed when other posters slam a resort when things were bad from the get- go and STAY.

Things were "bad from the get go" because the OP either did no research to find out where the Pirate Rooms were located - or that you can't have a Pirate Room and a Preferred Location - or if they had and had not reserved a Pirate Room did not ask to be "downgraded" to their reserved room category.

The other stuff was just icing.

It would be nice if there was some way to know that if you book a Pirate room you can't get close to lobby too.
I gotta say though, and this was before I even came to Dis boards, I booked CBR as our first resort for our first stay and learned then that the Pirate rooms where far from everything, and this was when you had to check in at the old OPR location. So it wasn't hard to find out even then. Even without lots of research.
There is at least one website that tells you where your room types are located based on what type you pick. But a quick glance at the CB thread will tell you where the pirate rooms are.

Things were "bad from the get go" because the OP either did no research to find out where the Pirate Rooms were located - or that you can't have a Pirate Room and a Preferred Location - or if they had and had not reserved a Pirate Room did not ask to be "downgraded" to their reserved room category.

The other stuff was just icing.
Exactly!! If someone is miserable for one day and then comes here to slam the place, imagine if they stay longer. That was my point. LOL!!!

You have to take some responsibility for what you book and not be so shocked and annoyed when you don’t get a pirate room next to the main lobby, which does not exist. The other things just exasperated the experience to the bad. In our stays at CBR did not see anything like this. Imagine the shock at finding out it is nearly one mile around world showcase! Got to do homework when going to Disney. Just a fact now. Also Disney can’t control some of the things noted as some people have no consideration of others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter