Caribbean or Riviera?

pugbug

Earning My Ears
Which would you choose for 2 adults? Riviera is more, so to stay in budget we’d have to do 6 nights instead of 7 at Caribbean. We usually stay deluxe and tend to like resorts with strong theming (love WL and AK the most. Disliked CR and GF). Caribbean is the only moderate I haven’t stayed at and so far, haven’t liked the moderates much. I do love Pop though, so I’m not a deluxe-only person.

We really like good pools and hot tubs and like having multiple options (prefer quiet pools). Caribbean’s theme appeals to be slightly more, but the rooms are very blah compared to Riviera.

Any thoughts? Currently booked at Caribbean for May. I’d wait to see if there are any discounts before switching, but since everything is so up in the air, I want to just make a decision and be pleasantly surprised of discounts change my plans.

Thanks!

I haven't stayed at CBR for quite a long time, so it's hard for me to comment on the resort. We stayed at RIV in December in a 1-bedroom and the rooms are just gorgeous and incredibly comfortable. I also really enjoy having a balcony, so RIV gets points from me on that front. I found RIV to be quite relaxing. Great QS options (love the pool bar area), and a really big quiet pool. If you can get a discount, I wouldn't hesitate booking RIV.

What don't you like about moderates? CB does have a lot in common with other moderates. We just stayed at Riviera and it was great.... But it is WAY more expensive. I'm not sure it's worth the huge premium over CB.

We’ve stayed at many resorts and our most recent stay earlier this month was our first CBR stay. We’re not fans of CBR at all. It may be a moderate but overall I consider it a value for the sheer size. I’ve stayed at POR several times and POP and find CBR to be much larger. It has the most internal bus stops of any moderate and while the skyliner is likely the only big positive, it’s not really reliable transport since it goes down daily in the rainy season. When that occurs, the buses to Epcot and DHS are SO SLOW.

My other negatives about CBR-
-rooms are tired and need a refurb, badly. The rooms at pop are nicer
-resort is huge. Unless you pay for a preferred location, you’ll be getting you’re steps in for sure
-food options are ok. Of course the two sit downs at CBR are closed right now but when they’re open the food choices aren’t our preference.
-the theming doesn’t appeal to us.

Positives-
-skyliner- yes it does go down but when it’s working, it’s great and very convenient. We stayed in the Jamaica 45 building and we were maybe 5 min from the skyliner station. We were about an8 min walk to the lobby.
-lobby is new and so is center town market.
-it’s close to the riviera so you can walk or skyliner over there to eat.

Now as far as riviera, haven’t stayed but visited and the resort looks beautiful. We ate there during our visit this month. However, it’s location isn’t our preference. Outside of that, if I was choosing between the two, hands down the riviera. I personally wouldn’t stay at CBR again.

What don't you like about moderates? CB does have a lot in common with other moderates. We just stayed at Riviera and it was great.... But it is WAY more expensive. I'm not sure it's worth the huge premium over CB.

I’m not sure. I just never want to hang out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter