• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caring for Giants

I'm so excited for this tour but I have a couple of questions!

1 - does it sold out like others tours? And if it does, how quickly it happens? I plan on upgrading my tickets to AP as soon as get to the parks and I'd like to take this tour maybe five days after the upgrade. Do you guys thing I'll be able to find a spot in early December?

2 - can we do walk ups? or is this only booked by phone?

I'm so excited for this tour but I have a couple of questions!

1 - does it sold out like others tours? And if it does, how quickly it happens? I plan on upgrading my tickets to AP as soon as get to the parks and I'd like to take this tour maybe five days after the upgrade. Do you guys thing I'll be able to find a spot in early December?

2 - can we do walk ups? or is this only booked by phone?

1. You don't need an AP in hand to book with the AP discount. I just called about a couple of other tours and I did not have the AP yet, but the CM let me book with the discount. She said as long as I had the AP by the time of the tour it was fine. If you are worried about a particular tour time selling out, you can book in advance. You have to pay in full, but most Disney tours allow you to cancel a couple of days in advance for a full refund if your plans change.

2. The person who posted just before you said that he/she was able to walk right up and book a tour same day.

When I was there at the end of March, I walked up to the tour table (near the entrance to Kilimanjaro Safari) and was able to book for same day. During a busier time of year, maybe that wouldn't work.
Ok thank you

Thinking about booking this for my family in August... Is there any shade in the area or are we going to be out in the sun the whole time?

Thanks! When we called Disney to check on footwear they said that they prefer closed toe shoes for the tour. I just wasn't sure how strict this policy is! We are flying down for such a short weekend that I was planning to just wear my normal olukai flip flops because sneakers take up precious luggage space - lol!

I wore sturdy flip flops and was fine. They did get dusty. I had to wash them off back at the hotel but it wasn't a big deal.

i did the tour this past wk and it was one of the best tours i have ever taken. it was about an hr long but it was a great adventure. our guide was incredible with the knowledge and answered all the questions. The group was small so u could enjoy every part of it.

Thinking about booking this for my family in August... Is there any shade in the area or are we going to be out in the sun the whole time?

But they told us to arrive 15 minutes before the tour started - and there wasn't a sitting area where we were supposed to wait. We were just standing around or sitting on the ground (pavement) near the check-in table. I don't think there was any shade there.

But they told us to arrive 15 minutes before the tour started - and there wasn't a sitting area where we were supposed to wait. We were just standing around or sitting on the ground (pavement) near the check-in table. I don't think there was any shade there.

Definitely no shade. We did this tour this week and it was really hot waiting for everyone to get ready.

But once it starts you walk backstage and get on a small air conditioned bus, that drives you to the elephant watching area. Then you walk a bit outside, mostly shaded, and are there for another 45 minutes or so. Then back to the bus and back to backstage AK.

Thanks everyone. Booked it for August... hopefully they will think of something for the waiting area before the summer heat!

Thanks everyone. Booked it for August... hopefully they will think of something for the waiting area before the summer heat!
We just stood off to the side in a shady area. There are numerous spots around the check in that have shade. Most of our group sat on the bench that was on the side of the building, which was in the shade that the building put out

Has anyone gotten/or tried to get a discount using the Disney Visa/Chase credit card perk?

We just stood off to the side in a shady area. There are numerous spots around the check in that have shade. Most of our group sat on the bench that was on the side of the building, which was in the shade that the building put out

There was a bench? I definitely don't remember a bench. I remember people either standing or sitting on the pavement.

There was a bench? I definitely don't remember a bench. I remember people either standing or sitting on the pavement.
Yes, it's around the corner of the building where the check in stand is, facing the entrance to Safari

Yes, it's around the corner of the building where the check in stand is, facing the entrance to Safari

When I got a survey about the tour, I mentioned the lack of seating while waiting for the tour to start. I know that nobody on my tour was sitting on a bench, because I would have been jealous that they beat me to it!

When I got a survey about the tour, I mentioned the lack of seating while waiting for the tour to start. I know that nobody on my tour was sitting on a bench, because I would have been jealous that they beat me to it!
Sorry. We'd taken the Express bus back in Jan when it left from that same spot so we knew about the bench, you can see it when you come/go from the old loading area. That's where our entire group waited, and where the CM to take us to the bus met us too.

Has anyone done this after pre-purchasing with an annual pass discount? Do they require you to show your AP when you check in? We reserved and paid and then plan to upgrade to AP while there although it will expire in between now and then. Thanks!

Has anyone done this after pre-purchasing with an annual pass discount? Do they require you to show your AP when you check in? We reserved and paid and then plan to upgrade to AP while there although it will expire in between now and then. Thanks!
Never been asked to show my AP for anything but merchandise purchases. Resorts and tours have never needed it, but both can "see" the AP when you book, so I guess that's why

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter