Carnage, Mayhem & Pixie Dust: a “frightful” & delightful Halloween-Inspired, Offsite TR (Oct. 2015)

How did we survive without GPS? Remember those big atlases we had? And actually used. And I can't believe I used to drive without a cell phone, like long distances? Crazy!

Steve looks very relieved to be at Sweet Tomatoes.

Still wondering what caused his allergy...I guess I will have to wait for the next installment! ;)

It is a toss up for me....I love the Super Pool and Zimmies the best, but I am not overly fond of the Cascades section (I find the second bedroom a little small), and the parking is a little tight if you get back after 9pm. I love the Lakes section the best especially building 7. However it is the furthest away from my favorite pool.:rolleyes:

Have you thought about requesting Spas? (assuming you have a Friday check-in) It's very convenient to the Super Pool and Zimmies, and the villas are larger than Cascades. We stayed in Spas on our first trip and thought it was a great area.

Well I am late joining the party so a lot to catch up on.

I saw you mentioned Burlington in your driving to the airport post, we stayed there when we were in Canada and drove to Niagra Falls from there before we stayed in Toronto for a few nights !!

The airport hotel was a bit of a nightmare I hope you and Steve managed to knock your suitcases against their door, cough loudly and generally wake them up on your early departure ;)

Glad you arrived safely and I can't wait to hear about your Halloween adventures, we loved our visit in October, the weather was so much more settled than when we went in July this year. Looking forward to your next instalment.

October was great for being warm/hot but not with the intolerable humidity of summer. Having been three times in the oh-so-oppressive month of August, I'm not sure I would want to give July a try!!

lol, your suggestions for the neighbours were tempting....but we opted to take the high road :). It wouldn't hurt my feelings if karma catches up with them, though, and teaches them a lesson on our behalf :rolleyes1 .

I'm sorry to hear about the neighbors at the airport hotel. I'm glad that they gave you a credit and future discounts, but losing sleep because of noisy neighbors must have been hard.

We love, love, love Sweet Tomatoes! That is one of our favorite restaurants in the Orlando area. It used to be a super good deal for us because our family of 4 (with 2 kids under 12) could eat dinner there for under $30 with a coupon. Now that our girls are older, that particular coupon doesn't apply anymore. It does cost us a bit more, but we always end up going multiple times each trip. We love it! :lovestruc

I can't believe it took us so many trips before we gave Sweet Tomatoes a try!! I don't think it's really going to be Jake's cup of tea, so we'll probably take a pass on it in December, but you can bet your boots we'll be back in April :thumbsup2 .

How did we survive without GPS? Remember those big atlases we had? And actually used. And I can't believe I used to drive without a cell phone, like long distances? Crazy!

Steve looks very relieved to be at Sweet Tomatoes.

Still wondering what caused his allergy...I guess I will have to wait for the next installment! ;)

Funny story about the GPS's....or lack thereof.

On our first trip to Florida, we actually saw a man who had a map fully opened and laying across his steering wheel. His eyes were glued to that map, and he barely looked up....how he was managing to drive in a straight line, I will never know. In fact, I can't figure out how he managed to turn the steering wheel under it :confused3.

I kind of miss the days of atlases, though. My dad was a huge geography buff, and he loved to pour over maps with us kids. The year before he died, just before our first trip to Disney, we spend many visits with Dad and his atlas, with the pages opened to the map of the USA as we dissected our proposed journey from Ontario to Florida. Good memories, indeed.

After lunch, we headed directly to the Vistana to see if our villa was ready early (check-in was not officially until 4 pm, and at that point it was just around 1:30 or so). We had been contacted earlier in the week by someone named “Sunny” from SVR, who told us she would personally be handling our arrival and check-in and to seek her out at the Welcome Center when we got there. To make a long story short, it turns out Sunny’s sole role apparently was to ensure that we signed up for the owners’ update (stressing how important it was given the recent separation of the timeshare ownership business from Starwood into “Vistana Signature Experiences”). We turned her down....politely, of course, but firmly enough that we left no room for additional discussion, regardless of what kind of “amazing” incentives they were offering....and she was quick to then turn us over to a regular front desk staffer for the normal and customary check-in process that we accustomed to.

I really didn’t like that they tried to bamboozle us into the owners’ update by masking it as a “personalized check-in experience”. I don’t know why, but that annoyed me a little. Alas....perhaps it was just that we were super tired and our patience was limited at best.

After transitioning over to one of the check-in pods designed for Diamond Lane arrivals, we were happy (and a touch relieved) to learn our villa was ready and waiting for us and we could get settled in right away. We were given our parking pass, room keys, area maps and activity schedules and were soon on our way to our oasis for the next 7 nights: Fountains building 12, villa 1341.

We had asked for, and received, a top floor villa again this trip. While there are several flights of stairs to navigate to the third floor, it’s well worth the extra steps for us to have vaulted ceilings with that spectacular skylight to let in all the Florida sun. Another perk: it means we never have the pitter patter of little feet (or scraping of chairs, or the stomping of elephants) above us as we try to sleep. We also tell ourselves the stairs help counterbalance some of our dietary indulgences over the course of our vacation.....hey, whatever makes us sleep better at night, right?

Having stayed in the Fountains before, there were no surprises as to the layout or amenities in our villa....though this is the first time we had the opposite floor plan (every other stay, we had the left-side villa where this time we were on the right, so for the first while, it took some time to get used to things feeling “backwards”). In addition to our living and dining area:

......we had a full kitchen:

The master bedroom featured a king sized bed:

And the ensuite had both a stand up shower and Jacuzzi tub.

A spacious dressing area (which I promptly claimed, sorry Steve!) was handily located between the bedroom and the master bath:

We also had a second bedroom with two double beds with its own separate bathroom attached.

A screened in balcony which overlooked the water was one of my favourite places to kick back and relax.

Steve-o, who was feeling crappier by the moment, hauled all of our luggage up the stairs and into the villa (bless his heart) while I took the requisite photos. It was about that time when he wondered if perhaps his suspected allergy attack wasn’t allergies at all....his runny nose, weepy eyes, and sneezing seemed to be getting no better (and perhaps had even worsened) despite his healthy dose of allergy medication at breakfast. Suspecting that he might have developed a nasty respiratory infection, we located the Tylenol Cold in the luggage and he swallowed a dose before stretching out on the sofa. He was passed out within minutes. I let him snore away while I fully unpacked the suitcases and put all of our “stuff” in its place, including hanging our MNSSHP costumes in an effort to get the wrinkles out. Shortly after the empty suitcases had been allocated to the closets, the skies grew dark and murky and I could hear the grumble of thunder growing closer and closer. In true Florida fashion, the skies seemed to open up almost instantly and the rain beat down with a vengeance:

Steve was still sawing logs on the couch in the living room, so I stretched out for a few moments on the bed. I fully intended to just relax for a bit, maybe check the weather on the TV......but the absence of sleep the night prior apparently had caught up with me. I, too, was out like a light. Our first day in Orlando officially began with a nap :faint:.

Have you thought about requesting Spas? (assuming you have a Friday check-in) It's very convenient to the Super Pool and Zimmies, and the villas are larger than Cascades. We stayed in Spas on our first trip and thought it was a great area.
Unfortunately we will have a Sunday check in....I would love to stay in the Spas section ....too bad it is only a Friday check in area as it would be perfect for us. I was thinking of MAYBE requesting a room in the Springs section.

I'll share my little noisy hotel neighbour story.

We had a room with the connecting door. The first night all was quiet (prob no one in that other room). Second night around 11:30pm we hear loud voices and running in the corridor. Our neighbours had arrived! They were in the room yelling at each other and slamming doors and drawers. It went on for about an hour. We said nothing because there were little kids in there and we figured they would be going to bed soon. The next morning at about 6am didn't it all start up again. The yelling and slamming. Well, DH got up to tinkle and as get walked past the connecting door he tripped on the carpet (Gods honest truth) and as he tried to stop himself from falling his hand smacked into that connecting door with a really loud thud. It was instantly silent from the other side and we never heard another sound for our entire stay.

Gina, your first day nap is pretty much what happened to me last September. It might have been you that talked me into taking the early morning flight. We stayed in the same hotel the night before and I never slept at all that night. I had the pleasure of listening to DH snore loudly enough to wake the dead....ALL NIGHT LONG. I was just starting to doze off when the alarm rang. So up and at em at 4am with 5 minutes sleep. We were luck enough to get into our villa as soon as we arrive and it was nappy time for me. I got up for dinner.

Last edited:
Hello Gina,

Wonderful trip report as usual. Excellent pics and great story telling. I'm in!!!

Jump00

Very sneaky of Sunny. I don't blame you for being annoyed either, especially in your sleep deprived state. I'm sure having your villa ready early, quickly put that smile back on your face.

Glad that Steve was able to get the luggage in before the rain. Given how this trip was going, it didn't sound too promising. Ahh, respiratory infection, that's not good. :(

Nothing wrong with starting a vacation with a nap. It is a much better use of time to rest than fight it and pay the price later. Besides, it's not like this is your first trip, nor your last (we all know that ;)) so no need for you guys to have to cram things in. Honestly, I envy you for being able to have that option. With 3 active boys in tow for us, we don't get luxury. :sad2:

Just love those photos; takes me back "home" every time. Not surprised that Sunny was really about clouding your arrival with an owner's update offer. It's the same as the VIP checkin (Very Interesting Prospect). But as usual, letting them know that "no means no" calls off the dogs.

I'll share my little noisy hotel neighbour story.

We had a room with the connecting door. The first night all was quiet (prob no one in that other room). Second night around 11:30pm we hear loud voices and running in the corridor. Our neighbours had arrived! They were in the room yelling at each other and slamming doors and drawers. It went on for about an hour. We said nothing because there were little kids in there and we figured they would be going to bed soon. The next morning at about 6am didn't it all start up again. The yelling and slamming. Well, DH got up to tinkle and as get walked past the connecting door he tripped on the carpet (Gods honest truth) and as he tried to stop himself from falling his hand smacked into that connecting door with a really loud thud. It was instantly silent from the other side and we never heard another sound for our entire stay.

Gina, your first day nap is pretty much what happened to me last September. It might have been you that talked me into taking the early morning flight. We stayed in the same hotel the night before and I never slept at all that night. I had the pleasure of listening to DH snore loudly enough to wake the dead....ALL NIGHT LONG. I was just starting to doze off when the alarm rang. So up and at em at 4am with 5 minutes sleep. We were luck enough to get into our villa as soon as we arrive and it was nappy time for me. I got up for dinner.

I think noisy neighbours are probably more common than anyone thinks. Perhaps we should be more appreciative when we get a restful night's sleep in a hotel!!

I would almost have been grateful for DH to snore loudly that night....it may have helped to drown out the party animals....:rolleyes2.

Does this mean you wouldn't take that early morning flight on future trips?? We have done afternoon flights as well, but it was kind of depressing arriving late and basically only having time for dinner before bed. I guess there are positive and negatives to both scenarios.

Hello Gina,

Wonderful trip report as usual. Excellent pics and great story telling. I'm in!!!

Jump00

:welcome: jump00! Glad to have you reading along!

Very sneaky of Sunny. I don't blame you for being annoyed either, especially in your sleep deprived state. I'm sure having your villa ready early, quickly put that smile back on your face.

Glad that Steve was able to get the luggage in before the rain. Given how this trip was going, it didn't sound too promising. Ahh, respiratory infection, that's not good. :(

Nothing wrong with starting a vacation with a nap. It is a much better use of time to rest than fight it and pay the price later. Besides, it's not like this is your first trip, nor your last (we all know that ;)) so no need for you guys to have to cram things in. Honestly, I envy you for being able to have that option. With 3 active boys in tow for us, we don't get luxury. :sad2:

Yes, we were definitely smiling when we learned we could check in early :) . I think poor Steve may have collapsed in the middle of the Welcome Center if it wasn't :rotfl:.

Spontaneous napping is definitely a benefit of travelling without little folks in tow ::yes::. Don't worry, though, your boys will be teenagers soon enough....and then at the very least, you'll be able to sleep in without guilt (and do the crazy late park nights....you'll be closin' the place down!).

Just love those photos; takes me back "home" every time. Not surprised that Sunny was really about clouding your arrival with an owner's update offer. It's the same as the VIP checkin (Very Interesting Prospect). But as usual, letting them know that "no means no" calls off the dogs.

Yup, they were very good about leaving us alone after that. One "last chance to join in an owners' update" phone message left later in the week, and that was the sum total of how often we were hassled. I know many guests complain about the "constant phone calls" but we've NEVER found that to be the case.

Will you be returning in March for a week at SVR, or are you taking a year off due to our bleak Canadian dollar?

I think noisy neighbours are probably more common than anyone thinks. Perhaps we should be more appreciative when we get a restful night's sleep in a hotel!!

I would almost have been grateful for DH to snore loudly that night....it may have helped to drown out the party animals....:rolleyes2.

Does this mean you wouldn't take that early morning flight on future trips?? We have done afternoon flights as well, but it was kind of depressing arriving late and basically only having time for dinner before bed. I guess there are positive and negatives to both scenarios.

I never say never but if I did take that 7 or 8am flight again I would probably just stay home and drive to BUF in the morning. Better to have a couple of hours sleep than none. I don't sleep all that well when I have to get up at stupid o'clock anyway so I think I'd rather stay home and get up at 3am.

My ideal flight time would be in the 10-11:30am time frame. For a 10am flight we could leave home at 6am and still get to BUF with plenty of extra time.

My Dec. trip we fly out at 11:45am which is good except for the fact that this is only a 3 day trip....getting out earlier would be a bonus. My March trip we fly out at 7:40pm. This is actually perfect as we can go right after work/school and still take advantage of the lower mid week fare. If the kid decides she can take an extra day off school we will fly out on the same flight but a day earlier.

Very nice villa pictures, I wish they had 3 br units there!

Love the rain picture too. I love that crazy Florida rain (not the lightning though!)

I never say never but if I did take that 7 or 8am flight again I would probably just stay home and drive to BUF in the morning. Better to have a couple of hours sleep than none. I don't sleep all that well when I have to get up at stupid o'clock anyway so I think I'd rather stay home and get up at 3am.

My ideal flight time would be in the 10-11:30am time frame. For a 10am flight we could leave home at 6am and still get to BUF with plenty of extra time.

My Dec. trip we fly out at 11:45am which is good except for the fact that this is only a 3 day trip....getting out earlier would be a bonus. My March trip we fly out at 7:40pm. This is actually perfect as we can go right after work/school and still take advantage of the lower mid week fare. If the kid decides she can take an extra day off school we will fly out on the same flight but a day earlier.

I envy you being so close to the Canada/US border. Can I move in and live in your basement? :flower3:

Very nice villa pictures, I wish they had 3 br units there!

Love the rain picture too. I love that crazy Florida rain (not the lightning though!)

I often wonder why they didn't make any of the phases at SVR with a three bedroom option (even if it was a two bedroom + one bedroom lock-off kind of set-up). I bet many families would benefit from that kind of a configuration.

I am always shocked by how HARD it can rain, yet be sunny and gorgeous an hour later. I'm with you though, that lightening can be unnerving.....as we commuted up the I4 to Universal, we saw the Avanti resort that was hit by lightening earlier in the year. One of the buildings is just a shell....no roof, burned out. So sad. A powerful reminder of the damage the lightning can do.

I’d like to say our arrival day morphed into something exciting and memorable, but the true fact is: it didn’t. After I finally awoke from the much-needed siesta, I let Steve snooze until early evening and then decided it was time to get him up and moving (fearing if he rested much longer, he might find he didn’t sleep all night long).

Between the time I woke up and when I woke Steve, I took some time to sit out on the balcony (the rain had long since passed and a left a lovely, comfortable evening in its wake) and called both Jake and my mom to have a chat and let them know we were safely settled. I had texted them both when we landed, but otherwise hand’t spoken with either since we left the day prior. As I had suspected, they had spent the day together (Jake drove up and took Mom for lunch, then grocery and Walmart shopping, and Mom treated them both to Chinese food for supper afterward) so both had lots of funny stories about the other and were eager to give me a full report of their adventures. After hanging up from the second call, as darkness descended over the resort, I woke my sleeping bear and proposed that we go off in search of dinner. If we didn’t take the horse by the tail and get moving at this point, we would probably have decided to skip the evening meal altogether.

Original plans were to hit up Bahama Breeze for dinner on night #1....this was still on Steve’s restaurant wish-list, and not something we knew Jake would enjoy (not his kind of cuisine)....so that’s where we went first. Pulling into the lot, there was a huge line out the door and what seemed like dozens of patrons milling about outside as they waited to be called for an available table. We had no inclination or patience for any kind of a lengthy wait on this particular evening, so we quickly scrapped Plan A and dusted the fog from our brains to formulate a spontaneous Plan B. Looking around at what was in our immediate vicinity and where we might be able to be seated without too much of a delay, we chose Flippers Pizza (which also happened to be on our dining to-do list for a future trip, though not originally planned for this particular vacation). Sometimes, flexibility is key :thumbsup2.

We were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome upon entering the restaurant, and were offered our choice of where to sit. We chose a booth along the wall where there were few other patrons. A quiet meal was just what the doctor ordered. It smelled really, really good in there.....we didn’t think we were that hungry until the aroma of garlic and freshly baking pizza crust hit our nostrils, then suddenly, we were starving.

We ordered a pair of Coke Zeros to drink.....the caffeine would probably be very advantageous to our lazy bodies and brains. After surveying the menu, we decided to keep it simple and go with two shareables: Toscana cheese bread for an appetizer, and a large Flippers “Big Pie” (pepperoni, sweet Italian sausage, ham, ground beef, smoked bacon, mushrooms, green pepper, red onions, and meatballs as a substitute for the black olives). We had a nice chat with our server, who explained that everything is house made (desserts excepted) and freshly prepared, so we were looking forward to putting their pizza and breads to a taste test.

The Toscana cheese bread came out first (and really quite quickly)......piping hot, lots of cheese, and oh-so-flavourful:

The marinara sauce on the side was da bomb.....literally lick-the-inside-of-the-little-bowl fantastic (no, we didn’t...but we thought about it, lol! :rotfl2:). Between the cheese bread and our pizza, we ate every last drop of that warm and garlic-y, tomato-y awesomeness.

Our pizza was brought to the table within minutes of our cheese bread being devoured. We had ordered thin crust as that’s our preference.

We were not disappointed in the size or quality of the pizza. Hot, fresh, and soooo tasty. We are big fans of Giordano’s Pizza, and this is totally different in style, but we were pleased to note that we liked it equally as much. We commented how much Jake (for whom pizza is food group :) ) would love this place!

With such a great meal thus far, our moods had improved significantly from earlier in the day. Our lazy nap session + a successful dinner = much happier travellers, even if Steve was still feeling under the weather. We debated dessert....should we, shouldn’t we?.....and decided, what the heck. YOLO :teeth: (and hadn’t we earned it with such a testing start?)

Strawberry cheesecake for Mr. Sniffles, chocolate cake for the lady.

These were the only components of our dinner that weren’t made in-house. Our server told us that would change soon, as they were currently in a recipe testing phase for an assortment of baked goods that they will be creating for guests in their wood-fired ovens. That said, the desserts were still good....not knock-our-socks-off incredible, but very yummy nonetheless. The chocolate cake looked, on first glance, like it was sweet and rich enough to kill a small child, but it turned out to be really quite nicely balanced. There was neither a speck nor crumb left from either dessert plate, so they were obviously quite passable.

We were stuffed. Super, uncomfortable stuffed. Our server offered us a take-out box for the rest of the pizza, which Steve was quick to accept. Nothing says “breakfast the next morning” like left-over pizza.

We paid the bill ($46.16 including tax, excluding tip) and headed to the car. On the way back to the villa, we stopped at Publix and picked up the scant few groceries we needed for the week (coffee cream, sugar, bananas, yogurt, a case of bottled water, and milk.....we had brought a box of cereal and a package of Tim Hortons coffee with us in our checked baggage) and then headed back to the resort. Still too weary (and Steve too sick) for a soak in the hot tub or swim in the pool, we turned on the TV, set the timer, and it was lights out. We slept like rocks.

And that rain earlier in the day? It was the only precipitation we’d see all week long. No kidding. Thank you, Mother Nature. :worship:

Tomorrow we would rise and greet the day with a fresh and rested start. Sunday at Islands of Adventure is next.

Last edited:
Yes another TR from Gina! Glad you guys made it back to Orlando! Sorry to hear about the rough start! Can't wait to read some more about your trip!

I envy you being so close to the Canada/US border. Can I move in and live in your basement? :flower3:
Well, actually I just rebuilt my back shed. It's a sassy little solid wood bachelor with western views. Tons of privacy and and only a short walk to transportation and the restaurant. After the eviction of the previous tenant it was completely sanitized and repainted. It's move in ready!

Yes another TR from Gina! Glad you guys made it back to Orlando! Sorry to hear about the rough start! Can't wait to read some more about your trip!

Welcome aboard, my friend! So happy that you are joining in on my latest ramblings :) .

We did get off to a bit of a rocky beginning, but things definitely ran smoother thereafter. A much more positive day was ahead, so stay tuned!

Well, actually I just rebuilt my back shed. It's a sassy little solid wood bachelor with western views. Tons of privacy and and only a short walk to transportation and the restaurant. After the eviction of the previous tenant it was completely sanitized and repainted. It's move in ready!

But...but.....aren't you saving that for one of the boyfriends? ;) (for your girls, not your boyfriends......just to be clear......:rotfl:)

Love these trip reports!!

Thanks conway! :welcome: .

I am super excited for your upcoming trip to SVR! I noticed that your only Diamond Lane request so far is a top floor villa, and you hadn't yet decided on a particular section of the resort. May I suggest that you consider asking for a top floor villa that has a skylight....I know Lakes and Fountains both do, Spas does not. It makes a HUGE different in the feel of the size of the room (the skylight villas have lovely vaulted ceilings), and is so much brighter :sunny:. That's just my two cents, of course!! :teeth:

Sunday, October 11th:

The day dawned bright and sunshiny and warm :sunny:. We had slept like the dead, and awoke feeling rested and refreshed, even though Steve’s cold seemed to be hanging on pretty much unchanged. Even with all his symptoms, though, he felt better to a certain degree just having such a fitful night’s sleep (and the whole afternoon the day prior too :rolleyes1). We were ready and raring to go for a day at Universal’s theme parks :cool1:.

We showered and grabbed a swift breakfast at the villa, then stopped at the Walgreens next to the resort for more cold medication before hitting hopping the I-4. We wondered if the construction on the highway would impact our commute, but we were happy to note that it was clear sailing all the way. We showed our Premier passes and ID at the parking gate, and were off in a flash toward the Preferred parking area. Bag check was quick and painless, and Citywalk wasn’t yet too crazy at the earlier hour of the morning though there were plenty of people streaming in. While Islands of Adventure was to be our primary focus that day (its Steve’s favourite park of the two, so I thought it would be nice for him to make that our first park day) we opted to enter through Universal and visit Diagon Alley before hopping the Hogwarts Express to IOA.

Just as we were through the turnstiles, we spied Woody Woodpecker off to the side. We didn’t get a chance to meet him when we were there in May, and there was virtually no line up…..so we wasted no time in seizing the chance to say hello.

Right at the entrance to the park, on the corner of Hollywood, there were some excellent performers offering upbeat entertainment to arriving guests. I love the streetmosphere acts…..they just create such a fun and cheery vibe for park visitors. These fellows were really good, too, and we stopped to listen for a few moments before moving on through Hollywood toward the Simpsons area.

As we snaked our way past Mel’s Diner and Café La Bamba, the first signs of HHN décor appeared in the corridor between Hollywood and Springfield. It was awesome to see the first glimpses of what Halloween Horror Night would have to offer!

We also got full view of the Jack show stage…..it was enormous:

While we were in Springfield, we stopped for a tour on the Twirl & Hurl since it was a walk-on. A very kind team member noticed us snapping some pics of each other, and offered to take our photo together…..we are always so appreciative of those kind gestures.

After Twirl & Hurl, we strolled around Simpsons for a bit and Steve eyed up the Sledgehomer game. Unfortunately, they only had the large Duff beer cans and bottles as prizes, which just didn’t appeal to us (nope, we’re just not big beer folks). We stopped to inquire if we could swap out the gigantic beer bottle for a couple of smaller Simpsons characters in the event that Steve hit the target (something we were able to do last May), but the young man who was running the game seemed confused by the question. We didn’t bother to press the issue and opted to continue on toward London....there would be plenty more opportunities for prize over the course of the upcoming week.

Arriving at the Knight Bus, we noted there were only two other family’s waiting to meet the Shrunken Head, so we took advantage of the quiet morning and decided to stop for pics too. As always, the Head (I think his name is Dre?) was super entertaining, and the Knight Bus Conductor was awesomely in character. They always make a big fuss when they hear we’re from Canada, and inevitably comments about our cold weather ensue.

Before heading into Diagon Alley, I asked Steve whether there were any rides at Universal that he wanted to hit up before taking the train to IOA. My poor sick Steve, all doped up on Walgreen’s finest cold meds, just took my hand, gave me a big grin, and said “Sweetheart, I don’t care whether I ride a single thing this entire trip. I am just so happy that I’m here, spending time with you”. :love: Gosh, I love that guy. He then proceeded to tell me he just didn’t feel like a bunch of rides today: he wanted to focus more on experiences and atmosphere than being flipped around with his head full of mucous. I couldn’t blame him. Not a big ride girl myself, I love taking in all the "little things"throughout the parks that the ride commandos often miss.....and I was with my beloved, so our day was shaping up to be just perfect :goodvibes.

Diagon Alley was our next destination. These two muggles needed a cold cup of Butterbeer!

Will you be returning in March for a week at SVR, or are you taking a year off due to our bleak Canadian dollar?

Jury is still out on where we go for March break this year. We have our Vistana week posted on the electronic bulletin boards at both our works, but only a couple of soft nibbles so far. We are now at the point where our deposit value is declining, so I doubt we will deposit it in RCI this year. If we don't find a taker, we will probably use it and just drive down again to save some $$$. If we do entice a co-worker to take it, we have a ton of points on deposit with RCI so will pick something that won't set us out of pocket too much. Originally the plan was to visit the US Southwest, but now we are leaning back towards visiting Mexico.

Enjoyed your latest update over lunch, and am I glad it was lunch! Those foodporn pictures you post make me awfully hungry. That cheese bread and pizza look so good I almost licked the screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter