Carnation Cafe worth it these days?

KK505

Earning My Ears
We have a tradition of getting breakfast at carnation cafe in our last morning but it sounds like new chef + new menu hasn’t been a good combo. Anyone eat there in 2022 who can give some insight?

From what I've been hearing its still not up to the old standards. We had 4 breakfast reservations in 2021 a few weeks after it reopened. We were forewarned by a server at another restaurant the night before that they heard it wasn't getting good reviews. Tried breakfast twice and cancelled the other reservations. It's our tradition as well, just not worth it at the moment. The pancakes and waffles were terribly dry, almost fell apart like grains of rice when you cut into them.

Maybe it's better? Might be worth a try.

I haven’t been for breakfast since re-opening, but we eat lunch/dinner there on most trips and that is still worth doing. Food and service have been great at the later meal times. (Better than RBT or Cafe Orleans, IMO.)

We had a really nice dinner there in May.
The lunch/dinner is still good. Even though the menu is limited, the food is still as good as it used to be for those meal periods. We have a lunch reservation in a couple weeks.

The breakfast is just bad, though.

I had an ok lunch there but service wasnt the best and food was slow to come out. Food is was fine but nothing super special (however, I just got a boring cheeseburger and the fries were pretty yummy). To be fair, service at Carnation was better than Cafe Orleans where it was horrible.

I had an ok lunch there but service wasnt the best and food was slow to come out. Food is was fine but nothing super special (however, I just got a boring cheeseburger and the fries were pretty yummy). To be fair, service at Carnation was better than Cafe Orleans where it was horrible.
We also had really slow service at Carnation, but at least the food was good and hot when it came out.

😮‍💨 Merp, sounds like the consensus is pretty clear it’s time we make a new last morning tradition. Thanks everyone who chimed in!

When we ate there in 2016 my husband got the cheeseburger and I swear it was one of the best cheeseburgers I’ve ever had. We went this past November and I got a reservation and was so excited for the cheeseburger. We got it but it was no where near the same. Service was good and got a little Disney magic there for my son which was sweet.

We’re going to give it another go in a couple of weeks for dinner. I was a huge fan when Oscar was around. Since CC reopened it hasn’t been very good. We shall see. 👀
We used to go religiously at least once a month when Oscar was there. For years! Had to have my baked potato soup fix. After they remodeled and Oscar retired we went once and that was our last trip. It was horrible, super slow service, the food quality was different. Just not the same as it used to be. And that was way before COVID.

We used to go religiously at least once a month when Oscar was there. For years! Had to have my baked potato soup fix. After they remodeled and Oscar retired we went once and that was our last trip. It was horrible, super slow service, the food quality was different. Just not the same as it used to be. And that was way before COVID.
I know. It’s been too long since the CC menu had an “Oscar special” on it.

From what I've been hearing its still not up to the old standards. We had 4 breakfast reservations in 2021 a few weeks after it reopened. We were forewarned by a server at another restaurant the night before that they heard it wasn't getting good reviews. Tried breakfast twice and cancelled the other reservations. It's our tradition as well, just not worth it at the moment. The pancakes and waffles were terribly dry, almost fell apart like grains of rice when you cut into them.

Maybe it's better? Might be worth a try.
We were there last month. The pancakes were awful! We mentioned it to our server who did confirm that the new chef changed the recipe.

We don’t do breakfast other than Starbucks but CC is good for lunch. One of the better places in DL to eat. Most places are subpar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter