• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those who have booked Mardi Gras: do you see all choices of restaurants in the planner?

So far, I don’t have access to reservations for Cucina del Capitano or Jiji... (Is there other specialty dining restaurants) Just the new teppanyaki, Rudi’s and the Steakhouse.

Sometimes Chef’s table appear, then it disappears…

EDIT: This morning, the teppanyaki isn’t showing.

It’s weird. Is that the new way to show it is sold out?

Last edited:
Question for those who have booked Mardi Gras: do you see all choices of restaurants in the planner?

So far, I don’t have access to reservations for Cucina del Capitano or Jiji... (Is there other specialty dining restaurants) Just the new teppanyaki, Rudi’s and the Steakhouse.

Sometimes Chef’s table appear, then it disappears…

EDIT: This morning, the teppanyaki isn’t showing.

It’s weird. Is that the new way to show it is sold out?
The only thing showing up for either of my cruises, which are both over a year out, are Rudy’s Seagrill and the steak house. I have to admit, I’m kind of intrigued by Rudi’s, may have to book that.

The only thing showing up for either of my cruises, which are both over a year out, are Rudy’s Seagrill and the steak house. I have to admit, I’m kind of intrigued by Rudi’s, may have to book that.

We do not eat sea food so I’m a bit scared of the smell inside the restaurant LOL … but I have booked the Teppanyaki while it was showing up. Now, I am waiting to see if Jiji Asian Kitchen will show up as we absolutely LOVED it on the Vista.

I always love the Steakhouse but on our last three cruises so we wanna try something different.

Let us now how Rudi’s is. :)

Noticed a lot of shore excursions are sold out for our Alaska trip. Going to start researching independent options. Makes me wonder if people were thinking we could only book Carnival excursions. And what exactly the capacity is going to be onboard!

Noticed a lot of shore excursions are sold out for our Alaska trip. Going to start researching independent options. Makes me wonder if people were thinking we could only book Carnival excursions. And what exactly the capacity is going to be onboard!

I know I booked everything right away with each cruise lines just in case.

I‘m pretty sure they will be sailing by October. I think we are all anxiously waiting to see if they will be sailing in August.

I’m dying to watch recent vlogs! Can’t wait to hear all about people on this thread’s experience. :)

Exciting news: (from facebook)

BIG NEWS - MAGICA NEWS

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE TO GROW FLEET BY TWO ADDITIONAL SHIPS BY 2023

MIAMI, June 23, 2021 – Carnival Cruise Line announced plans today to grow its fleet by two additional ships by 2023, taking the delivery position of an Excel-class ship that had previously been assigned to sister line AIDA Cruises that will arrive in late 2023, as well as taking ownership of Costa Magica from another of its European sister lines, with that ship going through a dry dock, renaming and Carnival-branded conversion and joining the fleet by mid-2022.
These two ships are in addition to the new capacity growth represented by Mardi Gras, Carnival’s first Excel-class, liquefied natural gas (LNG)-powered ship which starts sailing from Port Canaveral on July 31 and her sister ship, Carnival Celebration, which will be delivered and sail from Miami starting in late 2022, as part of Carnival’s 50th birthday festivities.
The addition of these four ships will bring the Carnival fleet to 27 by year-end 2023, and these ships bring many new amenities and features for guests, as well as environmental benefits and enhancements as Carnival continues to exceed and expand targets for emissions efficiencies.
“We are excited about these additions to our fleet which reflect the strong position that Carnival has established in the U.S., the pent-up demand we continue to see for cruise vacations, and the overall plans by Carnival Corporation to optimize capacity and growth in key markets,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “While our immediate focus is on our restart of guest operations this summer, this is another cause for excitement at Carnival, and we will be announcing more detailed plans about homeports, itineraries and ship names very soon.”

Exciting news: (from facebook)

BIG NEWS - MAGICA NEWS

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE TO GROW FLEET BY TWO ADDITIONAL SHIPS BY 2023

MIAMI, June 23, 2021 – Carnival Cruise Line announced plans today to grow its fleet by two additional ships by 2023, taking the delivery position of an Excel-class ship that had previously been assigned to sister line AIDA Cruises that will arrive in late 2023, as well as taking ownership of Costa Magica from another of its European sister lines, with that ship going through a dry dock, renaming and Carnival-branded conversion and joining the fleet by mid-2022.
These two ships are in addition to the new capacity growth represented by Mardi Gras, Carnival’s first Excel-class, liquefied natural gas (LNG)-powered ship which starts sailing from Port Canaveral on July 31 and her sister ship, Carnival Celebration, which will be delivered and sail from Miami starting in late 2022, as part of Carnival’s 50th birthday festivities.
The addition of these four ships will bring the Carnival fleet to 27 by year-end 2023, and these ships bring many new amenities and features for guests, as well as environmental benefits and enhancements as Carnival continues to exceed and expand targets for emissions efficiencies.
“We are excited about these additions to our fleet which reflect the strong position that Carnival has established in the U.S., the pent-up demand we continue to see for cruise vacations, and the overall plans by Carnival Corporation to optimize capacity and growth in key markets,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “While our immediate focus is on our restart of guest operations this summer, this is another cause for excitement at Carnival, and we will be announcing more detailed plans about homeports, itineraries and ship names very soon.”
So correct me if I am wrong, they are reassigning two Costa ship as Carnival Ships?

So correct me if I am wrong, they are reassigning two Costa ship as Carnival Ships?

one is Costa and one is AIDA. The Costa is apparently a sister ship to the ones Carnival has been been updating, so I'd expect a new Radiance style there. And the AIDA is a sister ship to Mardi Gras that was built for AIDA, not sure on name there or if it will have the same layout as Mardi Gras since it was being built for a different line. Interesting to see them pick up new ships, they must be banking on more business.

one is Costa and one is AIDA. The Costa is apparently a sister ship to the ones Carnival has been been updating, so I'd expect a new Radiance style there. And the AIDA is a sister ship to Mardi Gras that was built for AIDA, not sure on name there or if it will have the same layout as Mardi Gras since it was being built for a different line. Interesting to see them pick up new ships, they must be banking on more business.

Or retiring more old Carnival ships?

I really love the new paint scheme Carnival is going with, it adds so much style to a relatively boring look now, really looking forward to experiencing Mardi Gras next year! But even more excited to be on Vista in 9 days! Although, John Heald said there will not be a white night party or 80’s night party like normal 🥲. I also have a feeling they won’t be doing the normal 4 Playlist Production shows, the performers have only been on board a short time so I’m thinking there will be only a couple shows. Honestly, at this point I don’t care what they do for entertainment, as long as I’m on a ship and have access to food, I’m happy as a clam.

I really love the new paint scheme Carnival is going with, it adds so much style to a relatively boring look now, really looking forward to experiencing Mardi Gras next year! But even more excited to be on Vista in 9 days! Although, John Heald said there will not be a white night party or 80’s night party like normal 🥲. I also have a feeling they won’t be doing the normal 4 Playlist Production shows, the performers have only been on board a short time so I’m thinking there will be only a couple shows. Honestly, at this point I don’t care what they do for entertainment, as long as I’m on a ship and have access to food, I’m happy as a clam.

I’m sure it will be lovely regardless.

You may (or may not) agree with me but I feel like most people who will be cruising soon are a little bit more open to different experiences than they used to be?

At this point, I’d go for an overnight in Nassau. LOL

I love the new paint scheme as well, I hope they eventually add it too the entire fleet (if they aren't already!) And I cannot wait to hear your review of your trip! Very interested to see how things start and progress from summer sailings to fall sailings-will protocols change? capacity increase? activities get added?

I forget, is your cruise vaxxed only? I'll be extremely interested to see comparisons of vaxxed vs. non-vaxxed sailings.

I am very anxious to see how things go when Carnival starts cruising. My son's 12th birthday is supposed to be on the cruise we have in December... given he can't get vaxxed until then I am thinking I'll want to try and move those. Even to mid-January since he should have both doses plus 2 weeks by then. I may just change it to save worrying over the whole thing. I have a Carnival and an RCL, both have different issues at that point, couldn't be his 11th birthday or something... any way! I look forward to reading about the cruises that start going.

I did read a live report of the first Adventure cruise from Bahamas and it sounds rather nice. Just to be on a ship... ahhh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter