• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carousel of Progress - Open?

Dopey13

Disney Nut for Life
I am going to Disney World for my honeymoon the last week of May and would like to know if the Carousel of Progress is open. I heard that it is only open on busy days?

Thanks for your help

Dopey 13
Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon May 2002
Port Orleans - May 2001

I was there last weekend and the Carousel of Progress was still closed (as well as Timekeeper). As of this time I haven't heard any rumors of it re-opening anytime soon, but hopefully they will open it for the busy summer season.

We were at WDW last week and asked about Carousel of Progress. The CM told us it's now a seasonal attraction but didn't tell us when it would reopen.

Don't know if this helps, but it was open almost continuously during the Christmas holidays. In fact, the hours were even extended beyond those in the weekly guide. I would think that there is hope for this summer, but that is just a guess.

I hope it is not closed for good.......I am going in July and it is one of my favorite attractions.

Hopefully it will be open from June 25th -- July 2. It's one of my favorites!

I just e-mailed Disney about it and this is all they said:rolleyes: :

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

As you know, Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and The Timekeeper in the Magic Kingdom is operated on a seasonal basis. When attendance is projected to be at a high level, both rides are brought into operation. We suggest that you stop
by guest relations on the way into the Magic Kingdom at the time of your visit for a current schedule.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Rose Marie Glumm

Online Guest Service
WALT DISNEY WORLD
P.O. Box 10100
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0100

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter