• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carousel of Progress

It has always been one of my favorite Magic Kingdom attractions and I like seeing it at least once every visit. Last September I took my DD to Disney for a week, it was her first trip and the sets were decorated for fall. I'd never seen them like that before, so it added to the experience. I'm excited for my two younger grandchildren to experience this attraction when we all go to Disney next January. I hope they enjoy it as much as their Grandma does! :)

The first time I ever rode the COP, there were two teenaged boys in the back row, and every time the song came on, they clapped to the beat and sang the song at top of their lungs! Now every time we go in there I wonder if anyone else will do the same. :rotfl2:

My "kids" (28,24,20) do this every time, come ride with us! Usually everyone in the theater (all 12 of them ;) ) joins in.

This is really one of my favorites but not so much my family's...last time we were there I was so beat and ended up sleeping through it. When it was over, no one was willing to ride it with me again! :rotfl:

I rode this for the first time in 1964. It's a piece of my childhood. It's a bit dated, but I love it.

COP and a big Sinclair dinosaur are all I remember from the 1964 World's Fair. At least I remember the dinosaur being big I was small though. I always dragged my kids on COP now that they are adults I don't think they've been on it in years.

Since I am older than dirt, I saw that attraction at the 1964 World's Fair (I was REALLY little, but still ...) And I remember "Now is the Best Time of Your Life."

I see the COP every time for nostalgia sake!

Nah...you're not older than dirt:) I saw it at the World's Fair too...my senior class trip. I love COP!

COP and a big Sinclair dinosaur are all I remember from the 1964 World's Fair. At least I remember the dinosaur being big I was small though. I always dragged my kids on COP now that they are adults I don't think they've been on it in years.

I definitely remember the COP at the NY World's Fair. The main part of the General Electric Exhibit. Although it may have been 1965. We went once each year of the fair.

I got a made-to-order plastic mold injected brontosaurus at the Sinclair exhibit and had it until sometime in college. I remember one trip home on break and it had mysteriously "disappeared."

The General Motor and Ford exhibits were also noteworthy. GM had a Chevy or Pontiac driving into the city of the future, while Ford went back to the days of the dinosaurs.

Kodak with the giant changing photos, IBM "people wall", Pepsi's "It's a Small World," the still-standing US Steel Unisphere.....ah, great memories.

COP isn't a must-do anymore; we probably go every other visit.

Jim

We love the CoP and ride it several times on each trip. I find my kids singing the song all the time.

I hate the way the last scene is always out of date. Things change too fast to keep it up (which is kind of the theme of the whole ride). I wish they'd just restore it to the way it was originally and eliminate the whole issue.

I love the COP. It is a relaxing ride on those hot Florida days.

when I was a kid and we would visit Disneyland our parents would just let us take off running for the day. the carousel of progress and the old timey movie theatre that showed nothing but old mickey mouse cartoons were THE place to head to during the heat of the day to cool off and enjoy just sitting down for an extended period of time:thumbsup2

I get a kick out of going on splash mountain at Disneyland and seeing all the characters that were used in the carousel of progress during it's 'America Sings' bicentennial phase.

Have always loved CoP and do ride a couple times everytrip. And yes we do clap and sing a long.

COP, TTS, HM and PoC are a must for every trip.

I went on it back in 1964 when it was at the Worlds Fair! of course i was only a baby then! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter