Carrie on Cajarc !

Well it took longer than expected but here is my first attempt at a TR ....Not of DLP as I think I've bored you enough with my photos and ramblings of my many (half) day visits over the past 2 years.

This is a journey in France to show you a bit of a region that I didn't know at all and that we liked so much we will be returning to for the 3rd year in a row at the start of May. Previously we went in June but this year June will see us somewhere very very different but more on that and the trip that's in my ticker later

Cajarc is in the Lot and it's around 600km from us. Very easy to get to as it's nearly all autoroute.

The Lot is part of the Midi Pyreenes region and has borders with the Corréze, Cantal, Aveyron, Tarn et Garonne and the Dordogne which is very popular with the English

On the way you can leave the autoroute and visit towns that you pass by such as Orleans, Bourges, Chateauroux, Limoges, Brives

We normally stop at Limoges for lunch and so I'll start there :goodvibes

Limoges is a city that many people know because of it's porcelain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limoges

Here's a few pictures of the streets and the mixture of old and modern

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

They have trams too

016-1.jpg

This is the Halles (Indoor market) and it gives on to a square where we ate lunch - You can see it in the top of photo n°2

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

You can also see several of these around

014-1.jpg

Limoges (as is Cajarc) is one of the places that is on the Way of St James or in French Pèlerinage de Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_St._James

and the scallop is an emblem. It's also apt as Saint Jacques is the French name for scallops

We found that one near a old covered market which had been reconverted into a gallery - they have kept all the details including these beautiful mosaics

012-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

When you come off the A20 at Labastide Murat for the last 40km to Cajarc you find yourself on small roads that cut through the Causses de Quercy National park.

The scenery goes from flat fields into deep valleys with lots of craggy sides.

This is where you start losing your phone connection :rotfl:

We know we are nearly there when we get to see these 2

317.jpg

This is an amazing place which is about 20 minutes from Cajarc

http://www.saint-cirqlapopie.co.uk/heritage/listed-mediaeval-village

The medieval town of Saint-Cirq Lapopie, with thirteen listed historic buildings, is one of the most beautiful villages in France. Perched on a cliff three hundred feet above the river Lot, St. Cirq Lapopie is one of the most important sites in the Lot Valley.

Chief town of one of three viscounties of Quercy, Saint-Cirq Lapopie was divided among several feudal dynasties in the Middle Ages whose dominant families were the Lapopies, the Gourdons and the Cardaillacs. As a result, several castles and fortified houses were built, each ever stronger, dominating the feudal village.

Below the fortress, the village of St Cirq, enclosed by fortified gates, includes many beautiful old houses whose facades of stone or wood were built between the thirteenth and sixteenth centuries. They are characterised by their steep-sloped, flat tile roofs.

062-1.jpg

063-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

069-1.jpg

070-1.jpg

074-1.jpg

077-1.jpg

Enjoying your TR, your photos are wonderful with beautiful old buildings & amazing scenery. Love the multicoloured cow in the 2nd last photo. :)

Enjoying your TR, your photos are wonderful with beautiful old buildings & amazing scenery. Love the multicoloured cow in the 2nd last photo. :)

Hello :wave2: and thank you :flower3:

Here's a close up of that cow, it was in front of a museum

100-1.jpg

It looks lovely Carrie - all so typically French.
I love France and especially exploring little towns like these. Ive never been to that region though

I especially like the 2nd photo in post 11 - the little restaurant - again typically French and the type of place I used to love eating at

It looks lovely Carrie - all so typically French.
I love France and especially exploring little towns like these. Ive never been to that region though

I especially like the 2nd photo in post 11 - the little restaurant - again typically French and the type of place I used to love eating at

Hello :goodvibes and thank you for reading along.

We chose this part of the world by chance and it really did touch our hearts. This will be our 3rd visit in 3 years and we even talk about buying something down there for later on. :love:

Will crack on and finish it - Figeac is coming up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter