• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Carrot Cake Recipe Request

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
I have had a carrot cake that was made with Gerbers Baby Food pureed carrots, instead of shredded carrots. Had the recipe and lost it. It was the moistest cake I have ever eaten. Anyone have it by chance?

This is one I had never heard of before, but you got me curious. I did a search to see if I could come up with anything and was surprised when I found a recipe for you. Here is what I found:

BABY FOOD CARROT CAKE

2 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 (6-ounce) jars baby food carrots
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9- x 13- X 2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. In another bowl, mix baby food carrots and pineapple; set aside. In another large bowl, blend sugar and oil. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients alternately with carrot-pineapple mixture; mix well. Stir in the nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cool; top with Cream Cheese Frosting. Makes 16 servings.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
Cream together 1/2 cup butter, 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Gradually add 1 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar. Beat thoroughly. Add a few drops of milk if frosting seems too thick.

I got the above recipe here: http://recipecircus.com/recipes/Pat_T/CAKESandPIES/BABY_FOOD_CARROT_CAKE.html

Here is another recipe using baby food carrots:

Baby food Carrot Cake
11/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

11/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cup salad oil

2 eggs

1 jar junior (children's) carrots

1/2 to 1 cup chocolate bits (optional)

1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch square baking pan. 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, mixing well to combine. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, blending well. 3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, blending well, and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. 4. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before cutting. Frost with your favorite icing or simply dust with confectioner's sugar.

Got that one here: http://www.webcyclopedia.com/savor/ledger/9b8eb2.html

By the way - I have found a few other recipes as well. they all seem to vary slightly as to the amount of carrot babyfood in them. If you want me to post them, please let me know and I will. :D

I am going to give the first one a try first. I remember it as being the moistest cake I had ever eaten, and it was prepared in a 9 x 13 pan as this recipe calls for. I will report back once I have made it.

thanks again

I cant wait to try the babyfood recipe,how bout a frosting recipe?Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter