carrot cake

This recipe is one that I use for wedding cakes etc. when a customer wants carrot cake.

Carrot Cake
2 cups flour 2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder 4 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda 3 cups grated raw carrot
1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
2 tsp. cinnamon 1 cup oil

Sift dry ingredients together. Add sugar gradually to oil, beating until well mixed. Beat eggs until light and fluffy and then add to oil and sugar. Mix well. Add dry ingredients, gradually and then add carrots and nuts if desired.
Bake at 350F for approx. 60 minutes or until done in center of cake.
Makes a 9x13, or a 9" square or a bundt pan. Keeps well.

Cream Cheese Icing
8 oz. cream cheese salt
4 Tbsp. butter 2 tsp. vanilla
3-1/2 cups icing sugar
Cream cheese with fork, blend in butter, add sugar and salt, mix until smooth and spread.

This recipe is one that I use when I want a lighter version.
Orange Carrot Cake
1 cup self-rising flour 2 eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. cinnamon 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup vegetable oil 2 tsp. grated orange rind
Grease 8" square baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Beat in oil; beat one minute. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Beat in applesauce. Stir in carrots and orange rind. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake in 350F oven 35 minutes or until golden and top springs back when touched lightly and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Run a knife around the edge of pan. Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.

Fluffy Cream Cheese Icing
2 oz. cream cheese 2 Tbsp. softened butter
1/2 tsp. grated orange rind 1-1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp. (approx.) milk or orange juice
In medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter and icing sugar until fluffy. Beat in orange rind. Beat in enough milk or juice to make icing fluffy and spreadable. Spread icing evenly over cake; garnish with grated orange rind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter