"Carrots and beans"

chip007

Mouseketeer
This morning, DD5 and I were talking about our upcoming trip to WDW, and I asked her what she liked the best when we went last time. Without hesitation, she answered: Princesses!!

I asked what else she liked so that we could make sure to do it again, and she answered: "Well, I'm not sure about carrots and beans."

Me: "Carrots and beans?"

DD: "Yeah, you know, carrots and beans where I got scared and cried when I was little. In the dark."

Me: "Ah . . . Pirates of the Carribbean."

DD: "Yeah that's right. Pirates of the carrots and beans."

I think it has a new name now.

Too funny! :rotfl:

Last night my dd (3) told me she wants to go back to 1900 PF to see the stepsisters and stepmother because they are "so nice". I can only guess because we ate there in Sept. and when she met them they told her that the story was all backwards, Cindy made THEM do all the work. :lmao:

We go to Apricot (Epcot) to go on the Bible ride (SSE). :rotfl:

I wonder how many other families have their own "Disney-speak?":)

Oh Carrots and Beans, and Apricots is so cute!
My dad is "cockney" which is a section of London, England and they have something called "rhyming slang" this is close to it.
The cockneys use to have "coded" language so the cops (constables on patrol) could not understand them. At least that is what my dad told me (he is 83 now)

Apples and pears=stairs (my dad would say up the apple and pears)
or put on your "lid" (hat)....

Feet Plates of meat Plates
Teeth Hampstead Heath Hampsteads
Legs Scotch eggs Scotches
Eyes Mince pies Minces
Arms Chalk Farms Chalk Farms
Hair Barnet Fair Barnet
Head Loaf of bread Loaf
Face Boat race Boat race
Mouth North and south North and south

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/cockney_rhyming_slang

I love it!!!:lmao: :lmao: I will never see POTC in the same light again, it will forever be forshadowed with "carrots and beans"!!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter