carry bag/ stroller idea

bearloch

DIS Veteran
Hi all I have a neck and shoulder injury that when at the parks really bothers me. I can not carry anything for more that 10 mins so Im looking for something like a stroller that I can push an lean on to carry, sweatshirt, water bottle, camera, etc in.. any suggestions would be wonderfull though to renting sroller once in park but disneys strollers are short ( im tall).. tks!
:sad2:

What about a rollator walker. It would have a place put your things and be the right height for you and be able to handle being leaned on.

I have been keeping my eye for a used one.. I have thought of converting a stroller by sewing a few pockets inside just dont know if it would be allowed in the parks.. I need to make some phone calls I guess

You could use a stroller too. No one would question it. The only thing is you will probably have to leave it in the stroller parking when getting on rides.

A rollator would be the only thng you would be able to bring in lines with you, since it is a mobility device.
So a converted stroller, a rented stroller or the bag with wheels would not really help that much because you would have to remove your purse and any other valuables and carry them into line with you.

One of my friends has hip/knee problems and uses one of those bags to carrybthings around at work. She is short, but still finds it is kind of low for her. Since it is very deep, getting things in and out requires a lotof bending.

If you wantbto rent a rollator, Care Medical rents them.
http://www.scooterrental.com/products06.htm

I have also seen them for sale in places like Sam's Club.

What about a transport style wheelchair? they can be a pain with the small wheels when pushing a person, but yours would be empty except for your things and since it is a wheelchair, and you are disabled, if only temporarily, you can take it in line with you, then if you need to sit while waiting you can. it would also likely have taller handles than a stroller. I have a disabled child and mother so I would not usually advocate someone use a wheelchair who does not need it for mobility, but it really seems to be a solution for your issues. a rollatator can be tiring to scoot or lift and put down all day, and you would be lifting your things along with it. a stroller would not help you when waiting in line as you would have to park it.

What about a transport style wheelchair? they can be a pain with the small wheels when pushing a person, but yours would be empty except for your things and since it is a wheelchair, and you are disabled, if only temporarily, you can take it in line with you, then if you need to sit while waiting you can. it would also likely have taller handles than a stroller. I have a disabled child and mother so I would not usually advocate someone use a wheelchair who does not need it for mobility, but it really seems to be a solution for your issues. a rollatator can be tiring to scoot or lift and put down all day, and you would be lifting your things along with it. a stroller would not help you when waiting in line as you would have to park it.
Just to clarify -
A rollator doesn't need to be lifted. They have 4 legs with a wheel on each leg.
I just went to eBay and copied a random sale for one that comes with a basket so everyone can see what they look like.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Invacar...ultDomain_0&hash=item5d23c98809#ht_1166wt_988

If this link doesn't work, just go to eBay.com and type ROLLATOR into the search box.

I saw a person using one of these at my local store and thought it was a neat idea. I'm not sure if they will allow these in the parks, but I don;t see why they would not. You would have to park it outside or have someone wait wit hit while on rides, but it looks like it might help.
http://www.amazon.com/Folding-Shopping-Cart-with-Wheels/dp/B0000C0XOE

Since that is designed to be towed behind the person, it is not allowed at Disney. Things towed behind a person are considered a tripping hazard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter