• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carry Ins

U

Unregistered

Finally, after years of debate, we are headed to Disney World!! I am too excited!
I have soo many questions, maybe some of you can help?
Carry ins- Can you carry in bottled water? Little snacks for the little ones? I know they check your stuff before you enter and would hate to be singled out as the crazy lady with all the water bottles.
Downtown Disney- Is it like Universal, where you can just go and hang and shop without entering any park?
PS- I know what a FP is, what's a PS? Or maybe I read that wrong, I don't know.
This one is crazy... my four year old daughter wanted soooo badly to stay at the On Site hotel with the Dalmation statue, but it was all booked up before we could get a reservation. Can we, as non-guests, go to that hotel and let her at least see and stand near that statue?
Has anyone ever stayed at the SunSpree? I noticed it was a 'good neighbor' hotel, so I assumed it would be ok. Any feedback?
Also, does anyone have any "if I had known, I would have done this differently" stories?
Thanks soooo much.
Kris

They will not confiscate bottled water, but water can get quite heavy lugging it around all day. I usually just take 1 bottle to start the day, then purchase what I want during the day, or (gasp!) I use the drinking fountains.

PS= Priority Seating, the Disney version of a restaurant reservation. For priority seatings, you check in at the restaurant abot 10 minutes before your designated time and they will basically "put you at the front of the line" for when a table to suit your parties needs becomes available.

I hope I can answer your questions correctly.

1. As far as carrying in water bottles, it's allowed. Even snacks are allowed. I actually take in one of those "soft" cooler bags with juice boxes and snacks for the kids - great when you are stuck on a long line.

2. Downtown Disney is not considered a park. It's a really cool shopping and dining area designed by Disney. It consists of three parts. My kids totally enjoy the Lego store and playing area. Plenty of restaurants to choose from. Many different types of stores. Pleasure Island is the area designed for the "party" crowd. Lots of fun.....

3. PS is for Priorty Seating. This is for the character meals, dining at EPCOT etc. Most PS's are reserved 60-90 days in advance but you can call to see what is available when you are there.

4. As far as going to see the Giant Dalmation at ASMo, you should check with the resort directly. I'm not sure if they will charge you to park just to take a picture.

5. I have only stayed at on-site resorts so I can not help you in regard to your hotel. Sorry.

Hope this answers some of your questions and concerns.

We stayed offsite the first 2 nights of our May 2004 vacation and had no problem at all going to Wilderness Lodge to check things out before our stay. We told the CM at the guard shack that we wanted to look around and he took or license plate number and waved us on. I am sure you will be able to look around All Star Movies and take a pic.

You could even go and have lunch at ASMo as take pictures of the other large things.

I think the hotels are generally pretty good about letting you in for a limited time (particularly if you are planning to eat) so you get inspired to stay onsite next time

I have no idea why it let me post, it actually said that I 'may not' post, but I didn't see that until after I hit the submit button. Who knows.
Kris

We stayed at All-Star Movies last September and the props are wonderful! Our young boys thought it was a great place. I don't see why you would have any problem getting in. If not by car, if you have passes that allow you use of the buses (basically anything but a one-day pass), you can always hop a bus over there and no body is going to know the difference. Anyone can eat at the food court (typical Disney prices but fun!) and stroll around. Like someone else mentioned, it's good "P.R." for the resorts to let folks see them so they might want to stay there next time!
Have fun!!!!

Hi there Welcome to the DIS :wave: You are allowed to post here to the Welcome Board without registering but to no other board :) I suggest you register with us and then split your questions up for the other boards to get more response.

The best advice I can give you is to go at a slow time of year. (September, the week before Thanksgiving week, possibly the first 2 weeks of Dec., January) Otherwise, do your homework - get the Unofficial Guide or subscribe to Tour Guide Mike. When it's crowded, it is absolutely imperative that you have a plan or you might wonder "Why does anyone want to come here?"

I hope that I don't get that way. I hope that this will be the best vaction for my children ever. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter