Carry On Luggage -- What do people bring? Use?

I usually carry a large gym-type bag. Medications, a few bottles of wine & a swimsuit. The big bag is so that I can put everyone else's stuff in it after lunch! :smooth:

Small rolling suitcase, with my and hubby's 6 pack of beer each. We usually wear swimsuits under clothes. Don't forget the sunscreen!

I've tried a few different things, but honestly I've found the easiest is just to bring my normal carry-on roller. I'll typically put all our important stuff, as well as a change of clothes (if we're swimming), and my purse all inside it, and then DH and I take turns dragging it around until the cabin is ready and we can chuck it in there. It also comes in handy if we're bringing any soda or water onboard, we just load them into the roller.

It's just the 2 of us. We bring one backpack with meds; swimsuits, just in case; things I would normally carry in my purse; sunscreen; sunglasses; and dh's magazines. It's a Disney Cruise backpack we got years ago, and works out great.

Since we do 4 day cruises, our regular luggage is just carry ons which we drop off at the ship for them to send to the stateroom.

Only 67 more days!

Always pack your meds in your carry-on. On more than one sailing I have seen upset people who didn't get their luggage until late and missed their dosage of meds.

We always pack an extra change of clothes and underwear in our carry-ons and of course the camera and laptop and reading materials, along with all monies and documents.

I usually bring a backpack or large tote bag. I keep a swimsuit in it along with wine to carry on and any valuables (medicine, jewelry, etc.). I usually bring a change of clothes too, something comfy to change into after I swim or if I de die to take a nap!

Small rolling suitcase, with my and hubby's 6 pack of beer each. We usually wear swimsuits under clothes. Don't forget the sunscreen!
I was wondering if all the alcohol could go in 1 bag together or if we each needed our own bag to carry it on in. I wasn't sure how exactly it worked. We'll have 3 adults bringing the full allowance and didn't really want us all needing a suitcase to roll around.

I was wondering if all the alcohol could go in 1 bag together or if we each needed our own bag to carry it on in. I wasn't sure how exactly it worked. We'll have 3 adults bringing the full allowance and didn't really want us all needing a suitcase to roll around.

There was a fellow in line in front of me going through security who was carrying 4 bottles of wine for (I assume) himself and his wife (standing next to him) in one of those wine carrying packs. Security didn't blink that he was carrying all 4.

The only time I can think it would be an issue is if you don't all go through security together. For example, if one plans to drop the others off and return a rental car alone, then join the rest in the terminal - that person needs to have his/her alcohol to bring through themselves.

Enjoy your cruise!

Each of us had a backpack. We drove down so we did not want the kids electronics/laptops left in our bags. Each kid had a laptop, tablet, and bathing suit. DD also had her books with her. Mine had my bathing suit, all the paperwork, wallet, medicines, sunscreen, laptop, and 6 cans of beer. DH had bathing suit and 6 cans of beer. I think her had a few more things as well. it was easy having them on our backs. We are not light packers either as you can tell.

The only time I can think it would be an issue is if you don't all go through security together.
I mean it's simple math, so if it adds up then they probably don't bother asking.

For example, if one plans to drop the others off and return a rental car alone, then join the rest in the terminal - that person needs to have his/her alcohol to bring through themselves.
FYI for cruise lines such as Royal that only allow 2 bottles per cabin, this is a hack to get a couple of extra bottles aboard.

Totally doable.

I'm a carry on only traveler. I travel every 4-6 weeks international with just a small TravelPro international ( smaller than US domestic size ) roll aboard. I'm usually able to fit Sneakers, Loafers, 1 suit pants, 2 jackets, 2 jeans, 5-6 dress shirts, 1 Collared T shirt, 1 T Shirt, 1 gym short, 1 gym shirt, 1 2 socks, 2 underwear, and 2 small ziplock bags of emergency medicine and 1 QT bag of my toiletries. Plus I usually wear on a business casual outfit - Shoes, jeans, dress shirt, jacket.

My issue is I'm doing the Oct 12 cruise to the W. Caribbean on the Fantasy and am for once considering checking a bag. Maybe. I also might do the above suitcase with a ebags Weekender Convertible backpack for the kids.

Traveling light and carryon only is liberating in a way. Less is more.

I thought only wine was allowed to be brought on board -- no other alcohol :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter