Carrying the Magic: Keeper/Band/Card

I think it’s safe to say the overwhelming majority of people have no issue losing their band from their wrist. On any given day there are thousands of bands being worn and it’s extremely infrequent (never personally) to see a band that’s been separated from it’s owner.
Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I’ve seen lost hats, sunglasses, kids, phones, and umbrellas but never a MagicBand. I’d be more worried about losing any of those other things before a MagicBand.

Can anyone confirm that a card will for sure work at restaurants to both pay cash and pay with dining credits? Will cards also open hotel doors? I know that the technology is the same, but I don’t know if Disney activated cards for these purposes.

Thanks!

I think it’s safe to say the overwhelming majority of people have no issue losing their band from their wrist. On any given day there are thousands of bands being worn and it’s extremely infrequent (never personally) to see a band that’s been separated from it’s owner.
Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I’ve seen lost hats, sunglasses, kids, phones, and umbrellas but never a MagicBand. I’d be more worried about losing any of those other things before a MagicBand.

And then you have me, who managed to lose bands 2 days in a row on my last trip. Neither were found, to my knowledge. I got a Magic Keeper after that. I must have been doing something wrong.

And then you have me, who managed to lose bands 2 days in a row on my last trip. Neither were found, to my knowledge. I got a Magic Keeper after that. I must have been doing something wrong.

same here. I've generally had a good run with magic bands, but on my March trip I lost two. I'm thinking about buying a keeper for my September trip.

There is a company on Etsy that sells a version of Magic Keepers that they call Magic Band Buddies. They have a great variety it comes with the buddy, binder ring, carabiner & retractable holder. The trick to getting the puck/icon off the magic band is having the right sized screwdriver (Phillips head #000) which they also sell. Check them out at https://www.etsy.com/shop/BDIproducts. I am in no way affiliated with them. I just really like what they have to sell.

Can anyone confirm that a card will for sure work at restaurants to both pay cash and pay with dining credits? Will cards also open hotel doors? I know that the technology is the same, but I don’t know if Disney activated cards for these purposes.

Thanks!
If the RFID Card is linked to your MDE profile (and active), it should work for most functions. Things that don't work with a card are those that require a long range transmitter (primarily automatic PhotoPass linking).

I got a puck slider on Etsy that I wear on my Apple Watch band. I absolutely love it. Only have to wear one thing on my wrist, and it actually requires less “wrist-twisting” to scan than a regular MagicBand. (And I don’t look stupid looking at my MagicBand for the time any more...)

I have never had a Magic Band fall off spontaneously. It looks like some people have, but I don't think it's a widespread issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter