Carrying water bottles in parks -how?

We used Simple Modern water bottles last trip for the first time and will never go back to plastic. I would fill it with ice and water at the resort and head out. At the parks, we would get refills from QS or use the fountains. The ice on them stayed cold all day. I would either throw it in my bag (it was truly leakproof) or clip it to my crossbody bag.

I use one of the old soda cups (length of stay). Fill with ice and some water. Then I use one of the clips and clip it to my belt hook. Been doing that for years.

I have a Mickey Mouse hand (bought at the Emporium) that has a hole it the center that slips over the lid of your water bottle. It has a carabiner attached. I attach the carabiner to the strap of my cross body purse. Works great for me as I drink lots of water but dislike water with ice. I just refil the bottle throughout the day.

We always bring a backpack with side mesh pockets. My son and I drink a lot of water, so easy access is necessary. We put my wallet, rain ponchos and a portable phone charger inside.

I prefer to bring a collapsible water bottle for in the parks. I like being able to roll it up when it's empty and stow it away easily. The friends we travel with prefer to bring water bottles with a mister to spray themselves and cool off during the day. Their bottles take up more room in a bag, but they also bring larger backpacks than I do.

I looked through the forums for an answer, but they were all pretty old. Any updates for carrying water around in the parks? I know you can get free water cups at many locations but the cups are so small. Just wondering if anyone had any new ideas.
Might not work for everyone but I use the "HydraPeak" insulated water bottle and carry it in my cargo pants pocket. Each bottle has a durable loop to attach to a belt or shoulder strap.

I fill it up with ice before I head into the parks and then refill as needed. Keeps water cool even in September Florida heat.

We use a squeeze style filtered Britta bottle. Fill it up and share it till it's done. Back in the synch bag and off we go.

I always have a backpack and I drink a lot of water. We have bottle with hooks or handles, and I've attached a carabiner to them and then we just hook them on the straps of my backpack. It's heavy, but I need my water. I just don't like when someone doesn't tell me they're taking one off, especially if it's a full bottle, it makes me tip over 🤣

I looked through the forums for an answer, but they were all pretty old. Any updates for carrying water around in the parks? I know you can get free water cups at many locations but the cups are so small. Just wondering if anyone had any new ideas.

Bring your own reusable bottle. Get a bunch of the small cups of water at QS restaurants. Fill your water bottle with that. lather, rinse, repeat. Even better if the reusable bottle is insulated, so it'll keep the water cold.

We used Simple Modern water bottles last trip for the first time and will never go back to plastic. I would fill it with ice and water at the resort and head out. At the parks, we would get refills from QS or use the fountains. The ice on them stayed cold all day. I would either throw it in my bag (it was truly leakproof) or clip it to my crossbody bag.
Did you use the SM bottles with the straw lid or the screw on cap? I want to take one with the straw lid, but I was worried about it leaking in my bag. Thanks!

Bringing a Hydro flask this June. I don't want to really carry the thing but with wearing masks I'm going to need it.

I got some lanyards that have a rubber ring on them that snaps around the neck of plastic water bottles. Everybody gets one or two of them to carry. We refill with ice water from quick serve places. When we are done, we recycle the bottles and the lanyard can go into a pocket. Been using them for years. Cheers!!!!!!!!

As C.S. Lewis said, “Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.”
I've played "Goldie Locks" with my back packs and water bottles over the first few trips.
I tried a regular backpack at first with a collapsible water bottle... That was too big and the water bottle was a sweaty mess. Ha
I then went to a sling bag and a plastic water bottle. That was too small and sweaty as well. The sling bag was just that. it slung all over the place while I was walking around. So that one was too small. Ha
I finally found a 12L back pack and a Simple Modern 22 Oz. double insulated water bottle. And those were just right! Ha
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTX27PO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K2SDDV2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I carry a backpack in the park and it has two mesh pockets for water bottles. Since we stay at Pop, we don't have a freezer, so I just buy Dasani in the park when we are thirsty. Sometimes DD and I share a bottle and we're done or sometimes we each get one and the bottles gets put in the backpack. I don't like carrying around the extra weight if it's not necessary. It is an added cost and Dasani water really tastes terrible. However, when you're thirsty enough, like you are at WDW, you generally just gulp it down and don't worry about the taste. If I used a stroller or if I had access to a freezer, I'd change things up and have my own brand of water in frozen bottles. I think I would even be willing to carry the extra weight if it were keeping my back cooler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter