cars 2 - offers descriptive video service

logan&tylersmama

DIS Veteran
I bought the Cars 2 DVD for my boys yesterday and when we watched it last night i noticed that it had the descriptive video service as an option for people who are visually impaired or have other special needs. I was so excited - I work with people with special needs and I think this will be awesome for them. years ago I bought a special VCR tape of the wizard of oz with the Descriptive video service and the clients LOVE it!!! WAY TO GO DISNEY!! for including this - i hope this becomes a regular option!!!

For those who do not know what desctiptive video serivce is:
The Descriptive Video Service (DVS) is a major United States producer of video description, which makes visual media, such as television programs, feature films, and home videos, more accessible to people who are blind or otherwise visually impaired. DVS often is used to describe the product itself.

DVS describers watch a program and write a script describing visual elements which are important in understanding what is occurring at the time and the plot as a whole. For example, in the opening credit sequence of the children's series Arthur on PBS, the description has been performed as follows:

"Arthur is an 8-year-old aardvark. He wears round glasses with thick frames over his big eyes. He has two round ears on top of his oval-shaped head. He wears red sneakers and blue jeans, with a yellow sweater over a white shirt."[2]

ITS VERY COOL!!! CHECK IT OUT!
Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter