Cars 2

CaliforniaDreamin

<font color=deeppink>DIS Veteran (and then some)<b
It's getting not so good reviews. Being called the only bad Pixar movie of the bunch. Will this prevent you from seeing it?

It's getting not so good reviews. Being called the only bad Pixar movie of the bunch. Will this prevent you from seeing it?

No.

My son won't care what the reviews say. As long as he sees his favorite characters, he'll be happy.

Beyond that, I often love movies that the critics hate, and hate movies that the critics love. As a result, I rarely pay attention to the reviews.

My kids will love it and will see it more then once. I could care less what critics have to say, They really have critics for kids movies

My brother and nephew are going to see it tomorrow night. And I'll base my decision to see it on their review. I don't normally like what the critics like and would rather rely on word of mouth. If my nephew likes it, I know my kids will as well.

My brother and nephew are going to see it tomorrow night. And I'll base my decision to see it on their review. I don't normally like what the critics like and would rather rely on word of mouth. If my nephew likes it, I know my kids will as well.

I agree with all of you, but a Pixar movie has never gotten a bad review. That worries me. They are usually a favorite of the critics. I'd love an update when anyone goes to see it.

My girls love Cars and they are 16 and 17. They have grown up on Pixar, starting with Toy Story.

We'll be seeing it Saturday - and the only reason it won't be until then is because the kids are exhausted from soccer camp all week, and probably wouldn't even make it through a 7pm showing.

Every once in a while, I start paying attention to critics, and then they say something really stupid (like Armond White's complaints about racism and Kilowog in Green Lantern), and I am reminded why I don't take them seriously.

Huh. We've been promoting Cars 2 like crazy. I didn't think there was even a possibility of it being bad. I still have my doubts. While I won't be seeing it, I doubt that the kids who are Cars fans are going to see it the same way as the critics. I'm sure they'll love it either way.

We are going to see it tomorrow. I never pay attention to the critics I find it I disagree with them most times.

The "Toy Story" short is enough to ensure we'll see it.

I work at a movie theatre and get in free so yes I will be seeing it lots of times :) I don't care what that critics say. Tomorrow alone I'm planning on seeing it twice, I could care less what the critics want to say.

Being called the only bad Pixar movie of the bunch.

I assume this ignores the fact that Cars 1 was a bad movie? :rolleyes1

Cars is the only Pixar movie we don't own or don't at least enjoy. There are some very cool visuals and animation, but the story and voices are pretty weak. I can't imagine even Michael Cane can save Cars 2 from those faults. Visuals alone aren't enough.

We're just glad that Cars will be gone by the time our newborn is old enough to want a new bedroom. :)

I assume this ignores the fact that Cars 1 was a bad movie? :rolleyes1

Cars is the only Pixar movie we don't own or don't at least enjoy. There are some very cool visuals and animation, but the story and voices are pretty weak. I can't imagine even Michael Cane can save Cars 2 from those faults. Visuals alone aren't enough.

We're just glad that Cars will be gone by the time our newborn is old enough to want a new bedroom. :)

Not trying to pick on you but I think that Cars is one of those movies that you kinda have to like what its about to enjoy it. I love nascar, so cars is one of my favorites. I think people who enjoy nascar were able to get a little more out of it because of all the little quirks and references to it that a non fan may not get or enjoy.

Not trying to pick on you but I think that Cars is one of those movies that you kinda have to like what its about to enjoy it. I love nascar, so cars is one of my favorites. I think people who enjoy nascar were able to get a little more out of it because of all the little quirks and references to it that a non fan may not get or enjoy.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'm really shocked that people don't like Cars, It's on of our faves hands down

DH and I are going at 8:20 tonight. He is a car guy so its only fitting that he loves the first movie. The first one is definitely my least favorite of the Pixar movies. MSN (I think it was MSN) just ranked all the Pixar movies and Cars was last.

Any word on how the 3D effects are?

My DH has to work Saturday so we can't go until Sunday but we are looking forward to it! We have a 6 year old son who loved the first one so there was no doubt we would be going to see this one!

Regardless of the reviews, I hope everyone enjoys it. I'll have to make a favorite Pixar movie thread. I already know mine!

I don't like Nascar but I loved Cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter