• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Cars" stuff for girls?

There is a pair of "Sally" pajamas on disneyshopping.com, or at least there was when I looked a few weeks ago. Otherwise, I just buy DD boys Cars t-shirts and pj's. She is a huge Cars fan, and she really doesn't care that her Cars shirts come from the boys' section! I've found a good selection of Cars shirts at JCPenney and also at Wal-Mart.

I cannot stand that there is not cars stuff for little girls. Mine has been obsessed with the movie since it came out and people think she is a little boy with the clothes she wears. I have just told her to be who she wants to be. My mom did have someone make her a dress out of Cars fabric though.

My DD3 LOVES cars and I have found very little for girls. When the movie first came out I'd find thigns with Sally on them from time to time, now I find very little.

So, I let her buy boys T-shirts and grandma has made her a shirt from Cars fabric (found an very easy pattern for summery, girly shirts) as well as a quilt (very cool-she found checkered flag material).

I have made my own iron ons from clip art and that special iron on transfer paper for ink jets and I have also cut out individual cars from fabric and used wonder under to make iron ons for some plain T-shirts (okay, I think they would be considered appliques)...then I sewed around the edges to make sure they stayed in place.

I am continually disappointed in not being able to find girl cars shirts (Disney are you listening???) My little girl always seems to like "boy" things (Cars, Transformers, Diego). SO she has become a T-shirt & jeans sort of gal already.

Atleast we can get our hands on Cars fabrics so that we can make or have someone make cute girl's items. These are tops that I had made because I also could not find anything decent in Cars. My son's shorts are also matching fabric but you cannot see in this photo. I find Toy Story is another hard one for girls too.
Disney07Cars.jpg

Atleast we can get our hands on Cars fabrics so that we can make or have someone make cute girl's items.

We've done this too. My DD4 had a Cars birthday party, and my DM made her a dress from Cars fabric.

We're taking the dress with us to WDW when we go in January! :banana:

Atleast we can get our hands on Cars fabrics so that we can make or have someone make cute girl's items. These are tops that I had made because I also could not find anything decent in Cars. My son's shorts are also matching fabric but you cannot see in this photo. I find Toy Story is another hard one for girls too.
Disney07Cars.jpg

Too funny. Those are my son's drapes. :lmao: They make cute dresses though. ;) I too have a daughter with unconventional tastes and it can be challenging.

All DD2 has asked Santa for is Lightning! She loves the Cars movie and any cars/Hot Wheels/trains in general, and she says her favorite color is "red like Lightning." I'm thinking of redecorating her purple butterfly bedroom since she's getting cars sheets, blanket and pillow for Christmas.

I just bought the Sally PJs from disneyshopping.com, and I've made a couple shirts with transfers, thanks to the creative dis boards. I just got a sewing machine, and hopefully I can tackle a cute Cars dress before her birthday in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter