Cartagena & 🦥 sloths

WDdaughter

Mouseketeer
There are no specific port excursions in Cartagena, Columbia regarding sloth encounters. Any recommendations for other excursions where we may stumble upon them? I’ve seen a few youtube videos where kids are holding sloths but they don’t specify where this was. Thanks

I don’t have any recommendations for a place where you can hold sloths in Cartagena.

just outside the walled city in front of the main plaza is the Parque de Centenario, and you can see wild sloths in the trees there. We were there several years ago and saw a mom and a baby and then two other single sloths.

We were on an Old city tour and there was a guy at one of the stops that had a sloth you could hold. I believe to was $5 per person.That was about 7 years ago. It could be more.

I would only consider an excursion to a reputable sloth sanctuary. And like someone said there, they shouldn’t let you hold them for the safety and health of the animal: it would be more to learn about sloths and the work of the sanctuary. People standing on the streets or at beaches with sloths letting you take a picture for a fee probably have gotten those animals on the black market or taken babies from their mom in the wild and giving them money only encourages them further. Sloths are wild animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter