Carthay Circle Lounge-Alfresco Dining

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
On our recent visit to Disneyland we wanted to try a little different approach to a gourmet dining experience, so we made a reservation to Carthay Circle Lounge-Alfresco Dining. This menu offers small plate options that equal the great food and drinks that Carthay Circle is known for but with a different twist. When we arrived we were seated on the outdoor porch where we were able to view all that was going on in the square outside of the restaurant.

As a starter we ordered the Mediterranean Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Delicious. For our entree two from our party of four ordered the North African Roasted Organic Chicken Breast. Both said it was amazing. Two of us ordered the Mexican Caesar Salad and the Strozzapreti Pasta. Again a big hit. While the Hazelnut Crunch Mickey Pop perfectly finnished off out great meal. This was a refreshing alternative to indoor gourmet dining. Great food, great drinks along with great company made this a very enjoyable dinner.

We will be sure to make a reservation to Carthay Circle Lounge-Alfresco Dining on our next trip to Disneyland.

This sounds great but reminds me of a question I had, have they eliminated the INDOOR Carthay circle lounge option? I really, really loved the classy dark vibes, pictures of Walt on the walls, and mostly the Old Fashioned in a glass with a perfect ice sphere.

This sounds great but reminds me of a question I had, have they eliminated the INDOOR Carthay circle lounge option? I really, really loved the classy dark vibes, pictures of Walt on the walls, and mostly the Old Fashioned in a glass with a perfect ice sphere.
We asked for the outdoor section so I am not sure. But in the past we have been seated in the lounge and it did have a limited menu.

We love the Carthay Circle Lounge and hit it up at every visit (sometimes twice!). You can request indoor or outdoor seating and my husband always orders either the Old Fashioned or the Manhattan with the perfect ice sphere. It's smaller plates but everything is delicious.

Does anyone know if there’s a walk up waitlist for the outdoor lounge? We’ve planned a last minute trip and can’t get a reservation so far. TIA!

If you check out mobile dine walk-up in the app it should show you which restaurants it is available for. I can't tell you if they are really available today or not because I think it takes proximity into account so you have to go close to find out.

Fingers crossed for you!

If you check out mobile dine walk-up in the app it should show you which restaurants it is available for. I can't tell you if they are really available today or not because I think it takes proximity into account so you have to go close to find out.

Fingers crossed for you!
Thank you! Looks like your trip is very soon? Have a wonderful time!!

Thanks for the great write up. We will be trying this for the first time next month and are looking forward to it.

made another reservation for Carthay Circle Lounge-Alfresco Dining for this week for the family.

I will be celebrating my birthday there on the 20th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter