Cascade Cabins at Copper Creek

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
Just booked a cabin for our first 3 nights of a split stay in May. For those who have stayed, tell me what you loved. Also, would request a specific location? We have never stayed at Wilderness Lodge before. We’ve dined there a few times but thats it. We are super excited to try it and can’t wait to stay in a cabin.

I haven't stayed in the cascade cabins but we did tour one back in August when we were there. They're beautiful. The one we toured was one of the first ones (closer to geyser point restaurant). I am wondering if you book all the way at the end if you can see fireworks...not sure if they make sort of a "c" shape around the lake or not. They're really nice though either way!

We've been lucky to stay in a cabin twice with our family. The first stay was closer to the boat dock and main lodge, so we heard the boat horns a little more frequently, which did not bother us.
Our last stay was Dec.2020, right before Christmas, and the cabin was farther away from the boat dock. We enjoyed this one more because it felt more secluded. We loved both stays; everything was beautiful there. We did not make any specific requests for a certain area. Our trip in Dec. 2020 was hands down one of the best times for our family. Have fun planning your May trip!;)

We stayed in cabin 3014 which was right by the quiet pool and the 2nd cabin past Geyser Point. The location felt secluded but was actually right by everything (except the boat docks). We never heard a peep of anything. It was the perfect location for us. We loved the cabins and will definitely try to book again.

What we love…

…the comfort, space, privacy, relaxation
…the large master bedroom
…the luxurious master bath
…the decor
…the landscaping
…private parking with easy access
…proximity to Geyser Point Lounge
…the viewsView attachment 611229

View attachment 611232

View attachment 611234

…the private whirlpool. We requested the temperature be turned down 10 degrees so we could enjoy during the day as well as at night while enjoying wine and watching fireworks. We also requested robes for our whirlpool enjoyment.
View attachment 611236

View attachment 611239

…the indoor/outdoor fireplace
View attachment 611245

View attachment 611237

…breakfast on the porch
View attachment 611247
Your photos are amazing! Deer?? Really? Oh my goodness I am so excited!!!

I’m not sure where your photos disappeared to. Would you be able to repost again so I can show my husband and daughters? Thank you in advance. We are so excited to stay in a cabin.
There are some great youtube tour videos you could show them :).

Request close to the main lobby. Otherwise ITS A WALK. The rooms are amazing. Have fun.

The cabins aren’t exactly close to the main lobby. Also, there are two parking lots reserved for the cabins, one for each group of cabins. Only issue with that is the one lot was somehow full despite there being 13 spaces to serve 12 cabins (can’t remember if that was the exact numbers, it was +1 space for number of cabins)… obviously there was more than one car for a cabin taking up the spaces. Would be great if they just assigned a spot for each cabin number (easy solution).

It can be far to the lobby but honestly we didn't mind at all since if your far you tend to be closer to your car which we liked.

Have fun! We love the cabins and will be looking for an excuse to blow that many points again

What is everyone suggested cabin number if our number 1 priority is possibly seeing a peak of the fireworks? We're not concerned about walking as this is an 'enjoy the cabin" trip for us with limited park days etc.

First of all, we are long-time DVCers, and we got a chance last year to do the cabins for a couple nights. They are without a doubt, the nicest rooms on property, in our opinion. They are stunning. What we found and what we decided should ever we return again! There are approximately 20 cabins, I think. Maybe 24. But half are on the MK/CR side of the boat dock. The other half are on the other side of the boat dock. So the lower numbers will have a potentially better view of MK. But the boats are going by your room from early morning to late night - it wasn't a terrible problem, but there was boat traffic. The cabins on the other half don't get the boat traffic, but didn't seem to have as good a view of MK. We were not in the cabins at fireworks time, so I'm not sure if you can see them anyway. But the best chance is in the cabins closest to CR.

Enjoy your DVC getaway!

What is everyone suggested cabin number if our number 1 priority is possibly seeing a peak of the fireworks? We're not concerned about walking as this is an 'enjoy the cabin" trip for us with limited park days etc.
We are currently staying in cabin 8002. Good view of the fireworks from the patio and hot tub. Excellent view of the Contemporary FA8375A8-41C1-408C-BA08-8BFD828DD3A5.jpeg

The picture looks a little muffled through the screen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter