Casey's, what in the world have you done to our favorite place??

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
Ugh, it was SO disappointing. We have loved these hot dogs since 1999. There is nothing wrong with the hot dog itself, but what happened to the roll?????? It was just plain awful, I don't think I'm bringing my family back until it's fixed and back to the way it was.

It was HUGE and the hot dog was swimming in it, waaaay too much bread, give us back a normal size hot dog roll!! And secondly, it was hard as a rock:confused::confused3

Please Casey's, we love you and your beautiful warm cheese sauce on our fries. Oh we loved the hot dogs, now bring back our normal hot dog rolls, please??:thumbsup2

They changed the hot dogs and the buns a couple of years ago. :mad: I'm sure it was done to save money. The downside, for you and I, is that the place stinks now! IMHO, there are few things worse than a bad hot dog on a cheap bun! :rolleyes: That is why we have been avoiding the place on our last few trips! Hopefully, they will see that sales have plummetted and learn that the paying public will NOT accept poor quality and go back to the old product. Here's hopin"

Doug

I am very sad to hear that. That is one of our favorite little spots to grab some dogs loaded with kraut.

They changed the hot dogs and the buns a couple of years ago. :mad: I'm sure it was done to save money.

I don't think it was as much a cost-cutting exercise as it was the Disney food police that was getting rid of trans fat and trying to force healthier alternatives on us.

DD10 won't eat a hotdog at Disney anymore since the change. She never ate the bun and could tell the difference when they changed from beef to poultry.

i don't know about a big difference but my sister was there not to long ago and the only place she ate was casey's...for her efforts she got a nice case of food poisoning. we've eaten there a ton of times and i understand it can happen anywhere you eat but it doesn't have me running back any time soon.

Ugh, it was SO disappointing.

Please Casey's, we love you and your beautiful warm cheese sauce on our fries.

Really? You're complaining about the rolls going from regular to a wheat/healthier option and yet you're complimenting the warm cheese sauce, which is basically edible cholesterol approved by the FDA? Methinks you need to reconsider your diet, or else your favorite CS location.

Really? You're complaining about the rolls going from regular to a wheat/healthier option and yet you're complimenting the warm cheese sauce, which is basically edible cholesterol approved by the FDA? Methinks you need to reconsider your diet, or else your favorite CS location.

There is nothing healthy about Casey's, trust me. I don't go to Casey's for anything healthy, I go for a freaking great and delicious hot dog and cheese sauce!! By the way, have you tried one there as of late?

Does this mean that ALL of the CS places use those gawdawful whole grain buns for hotdogs too? Time to rethink my chili dog dinner at Cosmic Rays...:headache:

I think there's 2 unrelated discussions going on here. The buns used to be whole grain buns that fell apart. Now, they're white rolls that are too big for the hot dog.

Honestly, I like the new buns. It's not that hard to rip off the extra part of the bun (on the ends) and throw it out. Plus, a bigger roll means more room for sauerkraut, and the new rolls don't fall apart.

But the hot dogs haven't been all-beef for a few years. That still slightly disappoints me.

I think there's 2 unrelated discussions going on here. The buns used to be whole grain buns that fell apart. Now, they're white rolls that are too big for the hot dog.

Honestly, I like the new buns. It's not that hard to rip off the extra part of the bun (on the ends) and throw it out. Plus, a bigger roll means more room for sauerkraut, and the new rolls don't fall apart.

But the hot dogs haven't been all-beef for a few years. That still slightly disappoints me.

OP here. Thanks for that clarification, that makes a lot of sense now. I think I'd take those awful whole grain buns over these disgusting ones they have now!! And what's up with them being so stale?? Ick. Cmon Disney, you're taking an annual family tradition for thousands, and making them go somewhere else, I almost went off property this trip as we had my son's car (he's a CM).

Chanting loudly, bring back the buns!!:banana::goodvibes

The main reason for the new buns is the "special" hot dogs that have a ton of toppings. Instead of having 2 separate buns, it was just easier to switch to all-white. Unfortunately, neither bun is perfect, but I doubt they'll switch back any time soon.

As long as it's a variation of white bread I'm happy. I'll never have another burger after the multigrain/wheat bun I had once. Enough kraut juice or chili can soften any dog bun.

since they have gone to the beef/chicken dogs we cannot stand the taste. Too bad, the quality of Disney food keeps going down hill fast.

The steaks are seeing a similar quality decrease. We have started eating at the Swan and Dolphin more and more as they haven't dropped their quality. Guess the "free food" and dining plan offers had to cause cutbacks somewhere.

:thumbsup2 The new white buns are better than the wheat. Who the heck wants to eat an unhealthy dog on a healthy bun....DH was pleased to get a white bun back although I want just a regular good ole American white hot dog bun. If you want healthy eat somewhere else, right? I even offered to bring our own buns packed in a back pack this past trip and then we saw the new buns--we were happy enough and enjoyed our lunch there.

As long as the wheat were there--DH wrote off Casey's :sad2:

I don't think it was as much a cost-cutting exercise as it was the Disney food police that was getting rid of trans fat and trying to force healthier alternatives on us.

DD10 won't eat a hotdog at Disney anymore since the change. She never ate the bun and could tell the difference when they changed from beef to poultry.

actually, I am pretty sure it was the non-Disney food police that scared Disney into trying to change their trans-fat, blah blah blah. Disney jumped off the wagon of "good food" pretty quick before anyone could come down on them and make a PR mess. It is quite a shame, most of their buns/rolls are downright bad and the kids meals are very bland/unappealing. You can't even get pepperoni pizza (what kid wants chicken pizza) and most of it is just frozen pre made stuff.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter