Cash Discount - not always?

TyRy

Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
Hi all,

I've used the 25% cash discount a number of times in the past by calling MS. If a room was available for cash I always had the discount. Just called today, room was available for cash, but no discount on it. Is this new or had I always just gotten lucky in the past with dates and member discount.

Thanks!

Some have reported that it does include the discount, because The rates on WDW May already be discounted but not advertised as such.

Some have reported that it does include the discount, because The rates on WDW May already be discounted but not advertised as such.
Thanks Sandi. Perhaps that was it. I also tried the call back and get a different cast member and it was the same. Same price as the standard room I had at BC for a studio at BCV.

The 25% discount isn't always available. I've never figured out when it is and when it isn't available.

No this is not new. How a cash price works is if an owner with points at the resort you want to pay cash at, moves their points to say RCI or the Disney Collect, ect, then Disney will sell the room at the resort that the transferring members owns at for a discounted price.
When a Member makes an exchange, their Disney Vacation Club property is rented for cash to pay for that exchange. The price for their vacation accommodations is offset by that cash rental. The result is cash availability, which a Member can take advantage of by getting a reduced rate at another Disney Vacation Club Resort.

The booking window for Members to make cash reservations is open 11 months in advance of Check-In date, with the exception of The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa (only 60 days out).

Important Information

• Discounted cash reservations are based upon availability.

Last edited:
The cash discount, in the past, has been based on current and historical booking patterns for that specific villa type at that specific resort.

We had great success in the past reserving a GV at HH or OKW from Sun - Thurs and then adding either the Saturday before or the Friday after with the cash discount. It was explained to me that the discount was available due to those nights being unused inventory historically.

No this is not new. How a cash price works is if an owner with points at the resort you want to pay cash at, moves their points to say RCI or the Disney Collect, ect, then Disney will sell the room at the resort that the transferring members owns at for a discounted price.
When a Member makes an exchange, their Disney Vacation Club property is rented for cash to pay for that exchange. The price for their vacation accommodations is offset by that cash rental. The result is cash availability, which a Member can take advantage of by getting a reduced rate at another Disney Vacation Club Resort.

The booking window for Members to make cash reservations is open 11 months in advance of Check-In date, with the exception of The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa (only 60 days out).

Important Information

• Discounted cash reservations are based upon availability.
If an owner books an RCI reservation, their stay becomes a trade into RCI to book at Disney. If they use points for the Disney Collection, DVC has to pay for that stay and sells the equivalent points for a cash stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter