Cash vs credit cards for a week stay?

MiaSRN62

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
We're 11 days out from an 8 night stay at Aulani. We have things like the Ranch tour, Pear Harbor, a luau booked. May visit the Market. Eating out. Most places take credit cards? How much cash should I keep on hand? I figure for tipping---anything else? Starting my packing luggage rehearsal now too......lol
thanks!

The only time I spent cash in Oahu was tipping bell service or housekeeping. I didn't go to any cash-only dining locations.

Agree with @maxbuffmelvin above. We just returned from 2 weeks and the only time we used cash was for tips. If you are planning on going to the flea market at the Aloha Bowl (Sat, Sun & Wed) then having cash for trinkets is best although many vendors will take credit cards.

If you do any excursions, cash or Venmo for tips. Otherwise, credit cards are accepted almost everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter