Cass, Rob and Kira back in Disney! Toddlers' tempers and tantrums *Final Video!1/06*

Cass,
My advice for the shower curtain is get some clothes pins and put a few along the bottom. Learned this trick when we sailed Carnival a couple of times.

Well, the shower is fine, a little short (I don't know how tall people shower in these!) but the shower curtain is death incarnate!!!!!! :mad:

Lots of other passengers say that they use the showers in the spa for this very reason

While I was packing, Kira's pillow case arrived!

I forgot to mention that on the first day of the cruise while Rob and Kira were napping, I dropped off that fantastic pillow case that Nancy & Chuck gave Kira at Guest Services to get it signed by all the characters.

I totally had a brain fart when I dropped it off though because I only gave them the black Sharpie, even though Nancy had also included coloured Sharpies in our goodie bag, for some silly reason I never brought them down with me. So while the pillow case turned out great and Kira LOVED it, it would have been much prettier in colour!!

16-19.jpg

Wow...I'm jealous.

Cass,
My advice for the shower curtain is get some clothes pins and put a few along the bottom. Learned this trick when we sailed Carnival a couple of times.

What a great idea....how about adding some more weight to the bottom of the curtain...or some of those suction cups hooks thingies?

I'm glad to hear that you guys has somewhat of a decent day at Castaway. I totally understand what you mean about being sick in Disney, or on a cruise for that matter. I think being sick somewhere like that only makes it worse because you know what you're missing.

As far as the shower curtain, and I think we've discussed this before, but I totally feel your pain. One thing that I've never figured out about Disney is why they don't used the curved shower curtain rods that most hotels use these days. I don't know how much difference it would make on the ships, but it would definitely make a difference in the resorts. I'll tell you the little secret that Mike and I came up with for the pesty shower curtain on the cruise, but you have to promise not to laugh. For the first couple days, I was just like you-cussing and yelling at the stupid thing cause it wouldn't get off me. So this is what Mike came up with. We had hung our over the door shoe holder on the door that the shower was in. I had brought along a couple of the little hair clips that sqeeze open....it's hard to describe them exactly, and I don't know what they are called. Well, Mike used one of my bra straps (it's one of those that the straps come off of to make it strapless). He took one end of the strap and clipped it to the shoe holder, then took the other end and "clipped" the shower curtain right in the middle. That gave it enough tension that it was somewhat pulled back and it didn't rub up against me anymore. I'm sure there are more clever ways of fixing this, but that's what Mike came up with!!!!

Oh, and by the way-I think the pillow case turned out fabulously! She got a ton of signatures!

I'm so glad the pillow case turned out well. It looks really nice! Now come to think of it, Uncle Tuck and Aunt Nancy should have signed the back side of it in a corner somewhere too. :goodvibes

I felt so bad for that sweet little baby of yours when she lost it at dinner on Friday because we were yelling and screaming so loud for "Orrrrrrrrlan" :-)love:)and Cindy. She must have been scared half to death. :scared1::scared1::scared1: Thankfully, there are no pictures of us big old bad BOBers making her cry like that. :headache:

Becky, good idea about the clothespins on the shower curtain. :thumbsup2 Heather, I actually used your idea this time. Worked like a charm too! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Becky, good idea about the clothespins on the shower curtain. :thumbsup2 Heather, I actually used your idea this time. Worked like a charm too! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ah ha....perhaps we should patent the idea Nancy. We'd make loads of $$/££.:rotfl2:

Day 16 Part 2

October 30th - Castaway Cay

Back on board, we all had showers and then Rob and Kira chilled while I got some stuff packed.

16-18.jpg

This would be a good time to talk about those horrible showers!!!

Well, the shower is fine, a little short (I don't know how tall people shower in these!) but the shower curtain is death incarnate!!!!!! :mad:

As soon as you get into the shower, the shower curtain gets sucked onto your skin! It clings to your naked wet body and no matter what you try to do to peel it off, it just comes right back!!! :headache:

Ever try to shower while a sheet is blowing on you?? It's damn near impossible!!!!!!! I would push it away gently as far as I could and then let go and it would blow right back on me!!!

Rob was laughing at me because all he could hear during all my showers was banging and cursing and groaning and yelling and screaming!

:rolleyes:

I was not laughing though!

Not even a little bit!

It was stressful that I would wake up every morning and try to convince myself that I REALLY didn't need a shower that day :rolleyes1

By the time my shower was over, I felt like a crazy person! After my shower, I totally understood what it means when people went "postal" because I was THIS close to destroying that shower curtain and going postal myself!!!

Before I set foot on the Wonder in 2011, I am going to have to figure out a way to keep that shower curtain off of me or I WILL go mad!!! :eek:

Ok....give me a minute to calm down now....
I'll bring along some magnets that will hold the curtain in place for you love.

I forgot to mention that on the first day of the cruise while Rob and Kira were napping, I dropped off that fantastic pillow case that Nancy & Chuck gave Kira at Guest Services to get it signed by all the characters.

I totally had a brain fart when I dropped it off though because I only gave them the black Sharpie, even though Nancy had also included coloured Sharpies in our goodie bag, for some silly reason I never brought them down with me. So while the pillow case turned out great and Kira LOVED it, it would have been much prettier in colour!!

Next time, that's a good idea though! Wonder if Mickey would have used Red with Black?

We got some pics with our amazing serving team

16-26.jpg

They are both good people, always like meeting good people :)

Back to the room and I finished packing. We put our suitcases out and put Kira to bed. Rob left to go somewhere but I can't remember where? I think he went to Treasure Catch to get me some cough syrup. :hug:

I was all prepared to fill out the comment card but I was just too tired and felt too crappy so I just crashed. Took some medicine when Rob got back and then we both went to sleep.
Yup, went and got you some syrup for you. I did a run the night before at 11pm right when they were closing too and they re-opened the store for me so that I could get you some meds too.
Great crew this trip, very understanding.

Ok, here's my $.02
Day 15 Part 1

October 29th - At Sea

Guys don't understand this but as a mom, I just knew she was OK, and not in any danger. I've felt her with a much higher fever than this.

We had a long drawn out discussion about it but Rob was just not budging at all.

I told him that it was going to be expensive and despite having bought medical insurance from our bank before leaving home, it might not be reimbursed because you need to contact them before you seek medical attention.

He didn't care. He took Kira and left for the medical centre on deck 1.
Ok, just to put this into perspective I used to work as an EMT-A for a couple years in my first career. I've seen children develop symptoms very quickly and then crash hard and fast (being 21 at the time when I was an EMT, it amazed me that something simple can go so wrong so quickly).
In my experience, it is better safe than sorry and as I didn't want to chance Kira's health, no matter what the cost, I wanted to get a physician's opinion.

I got down there and they were waiting in the reception area for some medicine. Kira was jumping on and off the couch and running everywhere (not the look of an extremely sick child).
The Motrin kicked in and her fever subsided, the Tylenol wasn't touching the fever at all it seemed.
Honestly, I was glad to see her with some energy.

So I asked Rob what was going on and he said "H1N1" with a big smile on his face, as if to rub it into my face that he was right and I was wrong. :snooty:
Um, not quite. You were sick, grumpy, and I wasn't smiling.

He said that we were all going to be given Tamiflu and they were just waiting for it now.

I wanted to speak directly to the Doctor so after about 5 minutes he came out and I asked him exactly what was going on.

Now, I am sure Rob will chime in here because what he heard from the doctor during this conversation is completely different from what I heard. I guess there are two sides to every story so I will let him tell you his story if he wants to.

All I can tell you is what I heard from the doctor and this is what he told me.

He said that it seems like she has the flu. He said that there is no way on board to test for H1N1 but because it is the most common flu these days that they are going to treat it as H1N1. He said that the Tamiflu is given to patients to treat all kinds of flu (not just H1N1) so he was going to give her 5 days worth for her and because we live together, we also were given 3 days worth so that it's not passed around.

I asked him, in his medical opinion, if he thought she did, indeed, have H1N1. At this point he looks down at Kira who is practically climbing up Rob's leg. He grins and says that she seems fine, she's acting normal and that he's not worried.
Please note we three had the flu prior to our trip as well, at the end of September so the only thing left for us to get was H1N1; which I am convinced we had. I'm glad we got the Tamiflu regardless and were proactively cautious. I think the Tamiflu helped Kira and I more than Cass (for some reason, I think Cass is drug resistant).

So we pay the nearly $400 bill and go back to the room. :sad2:

We weren't quarantined in any shape or form, in fact, the doctor never even told us to stay in the room or to stay away from people. The only thing he wrote was that Kira couldn't go into the kids clubs, which was totally understandable.

Other than feeling really sleepy, extra cranky and moody, she was still our little Kira.

Rob seemed to be doing much better by now and I was doing a little better too. I was tired and achy and by lungs were burning but I was trying to have a positive attitude and enjoy the rest of the cruise as best as I could.

If there was a bright side to being sick, was that by the time I was feeling better was when Cass started to feel worse, so there was always one of us to "deal" with Kira.

Overall, Kira's suspension medicine of Tamiflu was the least expensive, our pills for 2.5days worked out to be $17.70 a pill 2x a day. Regular dosage is for 5 to 10 days; so basically the meds we took was to ensure that "whichever" flu we had, it would take the edge off. At least we didn't board the plane on Sunday with fevers; though Kira was really mending well, Cass was still very much under the weather and I was recovering until I changed climates (I started to lose my voice in Denver and by Calgary, I was a mess and hoarse from the change in humidity and colder climate).

In regards to H1N1, here are some key symptom facts from Health Canada:
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1n1/fs-fr_h1n1-eng.php
Symptoms
Almost always:
Cough and fever (Kira and I both had this)

Common:
Fatigue (I slept for 3 days, Kira 2 days)
Muscle aches (not really for me)
Sore throat (at the end for me)
Headache (at the beginning for me)
Decreased appetite (Kira and I nibbled at stuff for days)
Runny nose (Kira and I)

Sometimes:
Nausea (I had this on the 2nd day)
Vomiting
Diarrhea

More investigation is needed on how long a person can be infectious (be able to spread the virus to others), but, it is believed that this period is for one day before the onset of symptoms and continues for approximately 7 days after symptoms have started.

Anyways, there's my feedback.

Ok, this has got to be my favorite picture from your TR! I have seen that look from my DD many times!!! LOL!!

15-12.jpg

How awesome is that!?!? That was so great of them to do that for Kira!

Haha, yeah I get that look a lot!! It started when she was really young!! Not as evil but it's there brewing behind those baby blues! :rolleyes:

thelook.jpg

And yes, I was so very impressed with Flounders! We've had nothing but good experiences with them!

So sorry about the illness's on your cruise! So disappointing! Hopefully you can have a redo!

You have some great pictures and hopefully some great memories from it anyway!

Thanks! :hug: We still have some great memories from the cruise and some really great pics :goodvibes

That's what we hate about Animal Kingdom.

Disney are opening another store next year, so more choices.

I hate it at ALL parks!!! :rolleyes1

Another store on CC? How cool! :thumbsup2

Cass,

What a great idea!!!! Thanks! I will definitely do that Becky!

Lots of other passengers say that they use the showers in the spa for this very reason

Yeah, I had debated about that but I have certain bath products that I need to use (non-fragranced) and I didn't feel like hauling them there and back :rolleyes:

What a great idea....how about adding some more weight to the bottom of the curtain...or some of those suction cups hooks thingies?

Hmmm making note to bring those too!! :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear that you guys has somewhat of a decent day at Castaway. I totally understand what you mean about being sick in Disney, or on a cruise for that matter. I think being sick somewhere like that only makes it worse because you know what you're missing.

As far as the shower curtain, and I think we've discussed this before, but I totally feel your pain. One thing that I've never figured out about Disney is why they don't used the curved shower curtain rods that most hotels use these days. I don't know how much difference it would make on the ships, but it would definitely make a difference in the resorts. I'll tell you the little secret that Mike and I came up with for the pesty shower curtain on the cruise, but you have to promise not to laugh. For the first couple days, I was just like you-cussing and yelling at the stupid thing cause it wouldn't get off me. So this is what Mike came up with. We had hung our over the door shoe holder on the door that the shower was in. I had brought along a couple of the little hair clips that sqeeze open....it's hard to describe them exactly, and I don't know what they are called. Well, Mike used one of my bra straps (it's one of those that the straps come off of to make it strapless). He took one end of the strap and clipped it to the shoe holder, then took the other end and "clipped" the shower curtain right in the middle. That gave it enough tension that it was somewhat pulled back and it didn't rub up against me anymore. I'm sure there are more clever ways of fixing this, but that's what Mike came up with!!!!

Oh, and by the way-I think the pillow case turned out fabulously! She got a ton of signatures!

OMG Missy!!! Sorry, but I just HAD to laugh!!! I sure wish you had a picture of that!!! :lmao::rotfl2: But hey, at least he came up with something! I tried and couldn't think of anything :confused3

Apart from ripping the damn thing off with my bare hands and flooding the entire bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I'm so glad the pillow case turned out well. It looks really nice! Now come to think of it, Uncle Tuck and Aunt Nancy should have signed the back side of it in a corner somewhere too.

I felt so bad for that sweet little baby of yours when she lost it at dinner on Friday because we were yelling and screaming so loud for "Orrrrrrrrlan" :-)love:)and Cindy. She must have been scared half to death. Thankfully, there are no pictures of us big old bad BOBers making her cry like that.

Yeah, she doesn't like loud noises but she lost it a few times that night and it wasn't just because it was loud ;)

And btw, she sleeps with her pillow case every night and every night we have to go over ALL of the autographs LOL!

Ah ha....perhaps we should patent the idea Nancy. We'd make loads of $$/££.:rotfl2:

Yes, sell it to DCL! :cool1:

Um, not quite. You were sick, grumpy, and I wasn't smiling.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: HAHAHAHA!! I love you!!

I feel bad you guys were so sick,

My mom and I spent our whole time paranoid at WDW because it seemed like everyone was sick around us, it almost made it less fun because we figured if we got really sick they would'nt let us on the ship, im not sure how we managed not to catch something.

I was'nt feeling right for the whole cruise because of the gas odor, it seems odd as ive never heard anyone complain about it before, but it was extremly strong in out first stateroom and it was even bothering me at times while we were eating up by the mickey pool, it was our 4th Disney cruise and its the first time ive noticed it. but one night I got really sick, just really lightheaded and missed the comedy show i'd wanted to see. I notice in most of the cruise pics im pale. I could'nt relax figuring any minute i'd get sicker and they would lock me up

I got a really bad sunburn in St Thomas, I walked back to the ship with a towel over my head which really was'nt helping anything because my legs were on fire, despite spf50. ok and somehow I still looked pale

so I feel bad about the overcast at Castaway because I was telling my mom we needed a cloudy day, and asking if she knew a cloud dance, but then when we got off the ship and it was cloudy I was like"what did I do?" "where's the sun?"....

thats so nice they gave Kira stuff and im glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy Castaway and again I wish i'd met up with you guys

I had to laugh about the shower thing! Not at you really, just at the memories it brought to me. If you remember when we cruised the KK with you all in 07, I had not only my 2 boys but my 2 nephews... :scared1: Being that they have all grown up together, they are always playing tricks on each other and such. I am used to screams and yells coming from the bedroom or bathroom and rarely even get up unless it is that SOUND that you know is serious.

Before the cruise they apparantly broke the then 11yo into horror movies... classic ones so they wouldn't scar him too deeply. This is my kid that is still afraid of the dark :scared1: so it meant a few sleepless nights for him.

Because the shower curtain kept doing the cling thing... my youngest swore it was one of the boys trying to scare him in a psycho reinactment. So he would yell and throw back the curtain and no one was there he of course REALIZED it was a GHOST! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: By day 3 he would not stay in the room alone and had begun to shower in our room as there was not a curtain issue there. :confused3

To this day if we travel and the shower curtain begins to sneak up to kill him, he puts a towel on the ledge and the shower curtain outside and just cleans up his mess after...He is 13 for goodness sakes and should know that there is not a shower killing ghost in our home.

Wow! I'm still in sticker shock over the $400!!!! Thank goodness you got a reimbursement on it. Phew!
I'm glad you reported on dinner at Topsiders. We were thinking of doing that with the kids before sending them to the Club and Flounders but we'll go a different route instead. I'm sure eating vegetarian for all of us (including the kids) might be impossible there anyway. Thanks for the update!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: HAHAHAHA!! I love you!!

:woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Cass and Rob kissed and made up.:lmao:
smoochers no doubt.:rolleyes1pirate:

all kidding aside.....so sorry you guys wernt feeling well. we soooo missed seeing you guys around.:grouphug:this was our 3rd cruise with you guys and we didnt get our usual Canadian fix. :grouphug:(guess we'll have to fly to Canada for that):grouphug:

we went to Topsiders for dinner on the Wonder last year and it was really good.:thumbsup2:wizard:
but we agree...this years food was bad. i asked for porterhouse steak...PLAIN!!! nothing on it.(you know me):rolleyes1 Sure enough, it came with asparagus on top of it!!:sick::sick:
i took one for the team and ate it anyway.:rolleyes1
thank goodness for the great company.:grouphug::wizard:

as far as the shower curtain problem goes...
i just jump in the shower with Robin and hold the curtain back away from her.
:rolleyes1:cloud9:pirate:;);)

I feel bad you guys were so sick,

My mom and I spent our whole time paranoid at WDW because it seemed like everyone was sick around us, it almost made it less fun because we figured if we got really sick they would'nt let us on the ship, im not sure how we managed not to catch something.

I was'nt feeling right for the whole cruise because of the gas odor, it seems odd as ive never heard anyone complain about it before, but it was extremly strong in out first stateroom and it was even bothering me at times while we were eating up by the mickey pool, it was our 4th Disney cruise and its the first time ive noticed it. but one night I got really sick, just really lightheaded and missed the comedy show i'd wanted to see. I notice in most of the cruise pics im pale. I could'nt relax figuring any minute i'd get sicker and they would lock me up

I got a really bad sunburn in St Thomas, I walked back to the ship with a towel over my head which really was'nt helping anything because my legs were on fire, despite spf50. ok and somehow I still looked pale

so I feel bad about the overcast at Castaway because I was telling my mom we needed a cloudy day, and asking if she knew a cloud dance, but then when we got off the ship and it was cloudy I was like"what did I do?" "where's the sun?"....

thats so nice they gave Kira stuff and im glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy Castaway and again I wish i'd met up with you guys

Wow, sounds like you had a tough trip too!!! :hug: It's tough when you look so forward to a trip and spend lots of money and it doesn't turn out. :guilty:

I had to laugh about the shower thing! Not at you really, just at the memories it brought to me. If you remember when we cruised the KK with you all in 07, I had not only my 2 boys but my 2 nephews...: Being that they have all grown up together, they are always playing tricks on each other and such. I am used to screams and yells coming from the bedroom or bathroom and rarely even get up unless it is that SOUND that you know is serious.

Before the cruise they apparantly broke the then 11yo into horror movies... classic ones so they wouldn't scar him too deeply. This is my kid that is still afraid of the dark so it meant a few sleepless nights for him.

Because the shower curtain kept doing the cling thing... my youngest swore it was one of the boys trying to scare him in a psycho reinactment. So he would yell and throw back the curtain and no one was there he of course REALIZED it was a GHOST! l: By day 3 he would not stay in the room alone and had begun to shower in our room as there was not a curtain issue there. :confused3

To this day if we travel and the shower curtain begins to sneak up to kill him, he puts a towel on the ledge and the shower curtain outside and just cleans up his mess after...He is 13 for goodness sakes and should know that there is not a shower killing ghost in our home.

OMG, that is too funny!!!!!! :lmao: Your poor boy!! :hug: :rotfl2:

Wow! I'm still in sticker shock over the $400!!!! Thank goodness you got a reimbursement on it. Phew!
I'm glad you reported on dinner at Topsiders. We were thinking of doing that with the kids before sending them to the Club and Flounders but we'll go a different route instead. I'm sure eating vegetarian for all of us (including the kids) might be impossible there anyway. Thanks for the update!

I wish I had taken a picture of the menu because it was rather pathetic! I know you won't read this for awhile because you are in WDW and about to take a cruise but I hope you have fun and can't wait to read your trippie!!! :cool1:

Cass and Rob kissed and made up. smoochers no doubt.

all kidding aside.....so sorry you guys wernt feeling well. we soooo missed seeing you guys around.this was our 3rd cruise with you guys and we didnt get our usual Canadian fix. (guess we'll have to fly to Canada for that):

we went to Topsiders for dinner on the Wonder last year and it was really good.:thumbsup2:wizard:
but we agree...this years food was bad. i asked for porterhouse steak...PLAIN!!! nothing on it.(you know me):rolleyes1 Sure enough, it came with asparagus on top of it!!
i took one for the team and ate it anyway.:
thank goodness for the great company.:

We made up a long time ago ;) One thing about Rob and I is that we don't do well when we fight because we are each other's best friends...hard to get by without your best friend :hug:

Wow, you ate steak with asparagus juice on it??? :scared1::eek: Did Robin have to carry you back to the room???? :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Yup, I would say we were in our cabin about 60-70% of the cruise for me and Kira and probably 80% for Rob. :sad2::sad1:

as far as the shower curtain problem goes...
i just jump in the shower with Robin and hold the curtain back away from her.
:rolleyes1:cloud9:pirate:;);)

Good plan ;)

Day 17 Part 1

October 31st - BLT & Halloween at MNSSHP

This day is going to be split into many parts because I have over 70 pictures from this day!! :eek:

I think we were all awake at around 7am. Rob showered and then I showered and then he went up to Topsiders and brought us back a tray of food for breakfast.

I think I had half a chocolate croissant and some milk and that was it. Rob and Kira ate well and she seemed to be doing pretty well.

17-1.jpg

We left our room just before 8am and walked off the ship. There was no line to get off the ship but there was a huge line in the hallway just after you get off. I guess they only let so many people in the luggage room at once so as to not cause chaos. It was a pain really because it took us about 30 minutes to go from the ship to the luggage area. :mad:

Once we got down there, I grabbed a porter, found our luggage and we went to the Avis shuttle area. I tipped our porter and instead of joining the long line for the shuttle, we asked for a cab. The CM called a taxi for us and warned them that we had a lot of luggage.

At this point Kira was melting down and I wasn't feeling good and I really didn't want to wait in that long line and wait for 1 or even 2 shuttles before we could board. All I wanted to do was get out of there so I was willing to pay the $20 for the taxi to get to Avis.

While it was nice and quick, it was a pain because the driver kept offering to take us to Disney. He was so irritating because he just wouldn't take no for an answer. Doesn't matter what I said to this dude he just wouldn't shut up!!!!!!!! :headache: This went on the entire time it took us to get to Avis!!! In all our trips in the Caribbean, we've never been harassed as much as this before!

He dropped us off at Avis, sort of helped me with the luggage while Rob went in to get our van and I gave him the $20. No tip, nothing!! I felt like this guy needed to tip me for putting up with his crap the whole way! :headache:

17-2.jpg

Rob was only about 10 minutes and then he installed Kira's car seat while I loaded the luggage. Good thing he's quick at it!

I was not looking forward to this trip back. If you remember, Kira was miserable the entire way down and it was so stressful for us and I was worried that she would be the same going back.

We stopped at 7-eleven for some drinks, snacks and kleenex and then we were off to Bay Lake Tower in WDW.

Kira was actually really good for most of the trip, which was great because I was in no condition for dealing with a huge meltdown.

About an hour later, we arrived at BLT! :cool1:

17-3.jpg

The check-in for BLT is actually inside the Contemporary Resort at the same registration desk too. There were quite a few people there and only 1 check-in area open. I waited about 15 minutes and then all of a sudden 3 more areas opened. Would have been nice if that happened 15 mins before :sad2:

I very politely asked if there were any rooms available now. We had booked a lake view studio but I told her that I would give up the view for a standard view if it meant that I could get in the room earlier.

Although she seemed a little :snooty:, she did find us a room that was available immediately so I was happy happy happy!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Just as I was walking towards the exit, Rob and Kira were walking in. Apparently Kira had a really messy diaper and needed changing right away. :scared:

I grabbed her and her stuff and went to the ladies room. Without grossing you out too much, it wasn't pretty :rolleyes: Her bum was sore and she was crying and it was hard to change her. I felt bad for her because she was in so much pain. She got her pants dirty too so I wrapped her up in the change blanket and I carried her to the van.

Good thing it was a short drive. :scared:

17-4.jpg

17-5.jpg

Although our room number was 8014, I think we were on the 10th floor. Same as AKL, I didn't like how they numbered the rooms.

17-6.jpg

From the moment I walked through the doors, I knew I loved this place. I loved all the clean lines and contemporary feel to it. It was a perfect addition to the Contemporary Resort but it felt new and updated and gorgeous!

I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. AKL is still my favourite but this was a very close second!!!

To be continued...

Last edited:
How exciting... we just bought at BLT but we haven't stayed yet so, I can't wait to see your inside pictures!

Sorry about Kira's bum.... My dh and I were talking about babies/toddlers the other day when we were on vacation (our kids are now 8 and 12 years old) and we always breathe a sigh of relief that we aren't in that situation anymore. Eventually, it does get better, I promise. My kids love to travel now and look forward to a vacation away from home. I was surprised because my 12 year old was talking about some vacation memories from a long time ago that I had even forgotten. So, I know my kids enjoy traveling besides they have no choice....

Day 17 Part 2

October 31st - BLT & Halloween at MNSSHP

Turns out we got a handicap room. The only difference I think was in the bathroom, there was a normal bathtub as well as a handicapped one and railings next to the toilet.

Kira inspected the room while I attempted to take some pictures.

17-7.jpg

17-8.jpg

17-9.jpg

17-10.jpg

17-11.jpg

17-12.jpg

17-13.jpg

17-14.jpg

17-15.jpg

17-16.jpg

17-17.jpg

When we looked out through the balcony window, we were thrilled!!!!!!!!! Although we could see the lake, we could also see Magic Kingdom!!!!!! :woohoo:

Looking left

17-18.jpg

Looking straight ahead

17-19.jpg

Looking right

17-20.jpg

17-21.jpg

Too bad we weren't staying longer so we could actually enjoy this incredible view! ::yes::

The only thing I didn't like about being out on that gorgeous balcony was that it was covered in spider webs. I can handle anything but spiders! I didn't actually see any spiders but I wasn't really looking and I didn't stay out there too long :rolleyes1

Hard to tell in this photo but the entire underside of this chair was full of webs and flies caught in the webs! :crazy2:

17-22.jpg

Here is Kira checking out her bed.

17-23.jpg

I have to say that this pull out bed was horrible! Worse than both the AKL and Renaissance! Good thing she wasn't picky!!

We got her bed ready because we knew that as soon as we got back she would be going straight for a sleep.

I had made reservations at Kona Cafe for 11:30 and I was absolutely STARVING by now!!!!!!

Sadly, this view from near the elevator was the only glimpse of the pool that we got to see. We didn't have any spare time to check it out which was sad because it looked like a fantastic pool!

17-24.jpg

Check out the view from the elevators!! :love:

17-25.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:
I'm baaack..... I have lots of updates to catch up on I see! I hope your last day in Disney was a good one after the "adventures" you had on your cruise. I'm going to go grab a drink and sit down for a good read. Thanks Cass! :thumbsup2

How exciting... we just bought at BLT but we haven't stayed yet so, I can't wait to see your inside pictures!

Sorry about Kira's bum.... My dh and I were talking about babies/toddlers the other day when we were on vacation (our kids are now 8 and 12 years old) and we always breathe a sigh of relief that we aren't in that situation anymore. Eventually, it does get better, I promise. My kids love to travel now and look forward to a vacation away from home. I was surprised because my 12 year old was talking about some vacation memories from a long time ago that I had even forgotten. So, I know my kids enjoy traveling besides they have no choice....

I'm sure you will love it!!!!!!!!! :love: :thumbsup2

I sure hope it gets easier to travel with her! It was a rough trip I tell ya! :scared: Lots of stuff I didn't even mention in the report! :rolleyes1

And I think it's great for kids to travel and discover new places and things! :thumbsup2

I'm baaack..... I have lots of updates to catch up on I see! I hope your last day in Disney was a good one after the "adventures" you had on your cruise. I'm going to go grab a drink and sit down for a good read. Thanks Cass! :thumbsup2

Yay!! :goodvibes Sorry I haven't made too many updates, I am still under the weather :sick:

Gotta go make lunch so I will have to continue this day later. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter