Cass, Rob & Kira - Christmas on the Wonder??? Get the fog outta here!

I love fish and that looks disgusting. so I think they did something wrong. I would ticked off too.

Day 3 Part 1

Finally! Cruise day :woohoo:

After a lovely night dreaming about chicken strips and hot dogs, I woke early in the hopes of catching a beautiful sunrise on our last morning overlooking the Gulf.

Ummm....nope :(

133.jpg

134.jpg

The plan for the day was as follows
drillsergeant.gif

7:30 am- Everyone up and showered
8:30 am - Rob and Kira, breakfast at Waffle House, Cass packs
9:30 am - Rob and Kira pick up Cass, head over to port
9:45 am - Drop off checked luggage at port, park in Cruise Park Lot A, take shuttle to port
10:15 am - Arrive at port, wait until port opens, security, check-in, explore the terminal, possibly get Kira checked in for the kids club, get a character photo
11:30 ISH Board the Wonder, get tickets for Anna & Elsa, Gingerbread House making and try for a Pirate Night Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ressie for Kira.
12:00 pm - Eat lunch at Tritons, (been drooling over the embarkation lunch for a month now!
hungrysmileys.gif
)
1:00 pm -Check out ALL of the kids clubs for photos/videos
1:30 pm -Check out room, take photos/videos, drop carry-ons off, unpack as checked luggage arrives
4:00 pm -Safety Drill
4:30 pm -Sail Away Party
5:00 pm -First of many, many chicken tender snacks, ice cream for Rob and Kira
6:15 pm -Welcome Aboard Variety Show
7:15 pm -Check out the shops
8:15pm -Dinner at Tiana's Place
9:15pm -Kira in kids club
10:00 pm -Pool/Hot Tub with and without Kira
12:00 am -PASS OUT :goodvibes

Yup, that was the plan. :teacher:

Sounds good, right?

That's about how most of our embarkation days go :rolleyes1

Yeah....not this time!

o_O

First part went off without a hitch...

They did this...

149.jpg

150.jpg

And I did this...

135.jpg

And since I had some time to kill waiting for my family to get back, I checked out the port cam to see if I could see our ship...

Hmmm, nada
think_smiley_46.gif

That's kinda weird, there's supposed to be two ships in port by now and the webcam is not showing any ships!

think_smiley_19.gif

So I popped over to Facebook and checked out our group page. Someone had posted that the heavy fog has closed the channel to ALL vessels.

aghast_smiley.gif

Oh my! It was almost 9:30 and the ships weren't even in the channel yet? Holy crap! Usually the ship is CLEARED by now and most people are off and headed home or to their next adventure.
dread_smiley.gif

Well, this is going to change a few things
think_smiley_08.gif

Little did I know just how much it would change things :scared:

Rob and Kira got back and I gave them the bad news. Kira was not happy, she was all ready to go and being 10, she doesn't really have that patience gene...at all!!! :rolleyes:

I told them to just relax, chill out for a bit. I had called and got a late check-out (noon) so we won't be leaving until then.

Kira watched Netflix

136.jpg

And Rob snuggled next to me while I checked out social media...
137.jpg

At about 11am the Wonder headed into the channel and was docked around 11:30am. I watched her progress on the Marine Traffic app.

138.jpg

By now, I was feeling kinda terrible. My tummy was upset and I was just feeling off. This happens a lot with my Lupus so it's nothing new to me but I just wish it didn't happen on embarkation day. Actually looking back now, this was my only bad day of the whole trip, so I am SO VERY thankful about that!

I was hungry but with my bad tummy there was no way I was going to eat. :scared:

I fed Kira some snacks that I had packed for our return flight, so that made her happy.

The Wonder got to the terminal about 11:30am, started to disembark passengers just after 12:30pm.

We loaded up our luggage just after noon before they kicked us out of our room and headed over to the port to see if we could drop off luggage yet.

There she is! Our first view of the Disney Wonder!

139.jpg

The downtown area was not the nicest area...

140.jpg

141.jpg

We made it to Terminal 2 and the security guy told us we couldn't drop off our luggage.

142.jpg

He was not nice about it either. :sad2: You can see Mr. Grumpy Pants in the above pic :rolleyes:

I had been checking our FB group constantly for any updates and many had posted that they had dropped off their bags so I know that they were accepting bags. He said they were not accepting any bags until 1:30pm and not to come back until then. He was not very friendly so when I explained to him that I know people who have already dropped off their bags, he got really pissy!

Once Rob told him that we will come back at 1:30pm, he suddenly changed his tune and said that if I wanted to stay here with the bags then we could drop them off. :rolleyes2

It was kind of weird, he went from overly rude and extremely pissy to very helpful and nice in six seconds flat! :confused3

Since Rob didn't really know where he was going, we decided to stay together, so we headed over to Lot A to park the car. We would just have to lug all of our bags onto the shuttle.

You could see that the terminal still had sooooo many people from the last sailing...and a few from our sailing.

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

Well, when we got to Lot A, there were about 100 or more cars waiting to do the same thing. There were lines of cars everywhere so we joined one of the lines and parked for a bit as the parking lot was not even open yet! You could see all the people coming from the Wonder and the Carnival Valor arriving by shuttles and leaving with their vehicles. I guess they didn't have enough spots open yet for drop offs.

About 30 minutes had passed and the parking lot still hadn't opened...I was not feeling good and Rob and Kira were getting hungry so we left the chaos and drove back over to Rainforest Cafe.

Weird that there's a huge statue right in the middle of the road :scratchin

146.jpg

147.jpg

Rob had a salad and Kira had the chicken nuggets again.

148.jpg

Even though I was starving, I knew better than to eat anything! :worried:

It was now 1:30pm and I read that everyone was now allowed to drop off luggage so we headed back to the port.

Passed the Hotel Galvez, the hotel that DCL uses for pre-night's stays.

153.jpg

Back to the port...

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

It was still very chaotic there but we were able to drop off bags, so that was good!

Next stop....Cruise Parking Lot A!

tired.gif

Last edited:
Day 3 Part 2

As we left the terminal and turned right on the road towards Lot A, we came to a halt. After a few moments, we sadly realized that this was the LINE to park your car :scared1:

After having just done this a couple of hours ago, we knew exactly how far away it was to the entrance and it was FAR!!!

It took us an HOUR and TWENTY minutes just to PARK!!!

angrysmiley10.gif

People were getting out of their cars, wondering what the heck was going on, mom's were changing diapers...it was a nightmare!

Plus we had our own little Miss Crabby Pants in the back seat to deal with! Her iPad died, Rob's was not handy and while mine was handy, there were no movies or anything on it for her.

In front of us...

152.jpg

Behind us...

151.jpg

And those were taken about an hour into our wait!

There were police controlling the line and what we didn't know until we got right up to the front is that there were actually three lines coming into the parking and they were stopping two at a time and letting one in.
160.jpg

And there were only TWO lines once you made it into the actual parking lot, one for Disney Wonder and the other for Carnival Valor!

161.jpg

People were losing their minds, tempers were flaring :earseek:

Some time in that very looooooong line, I had read that boarding begun (about 3pm) finally!

I had to stop at the little white trailer way at the front of the line above and so after a bit, they let us go into the Valor line up, which was MUCH shorter so we could park at the trailer, have me run in and get my parking pass and then go park, so we probably ended up saving another 15 minutes or more doing that.

We parked and brought our carry-ons to the end of the line where we were told to wait for the shuttle. We waited probably about 10-15 minutes and the party in front of us left the line early to walk to the Terminal.

Rob was suggesting we do the same but even though it appeared close, it was still quite far away and we all had carry-ons, Rob had two heavy ones so I told him we needed to stay here and be patient, the shuttle would come along soon! Plus it was now VERY hot and humid out, with no clouds in sight! There was no way I was walking over there!

We managed to get the first shuttle, there were tons of people behind us who had to wait even longer for the next shuttle or the next one after that.

162.jpg

A few minutes later, we arrived to the Terminal yay!!! At 3:54 pm!

party:

163.jpg

Another long line to get into the building...

164.jpg

Almost in!!!! :cool1:

157.jpg

We were all sooooo excited when we got into those doors....only to find this:

165.jpg

HUGE line for security!!! :eek:

Which I thought would go pretty fast because I saw that they were running 4 lanes, which is pretty decent.

158.jpg

Unfortunately, they were only letting a few groups trickle up to the machines! There were actually two lines in this huge crowd and they would keep one side closed and then open the other side. They would only have one person checking ID's so this took a LOT longer than it really should have!!!

About 15 minutes into that line, we noticed the arrival of the family that left the shuttle line and walked to the terminal. They looked very hot and sweaty and slightly grumpy, which made me happy with my decision to stay :scared:

It took us just over 40 minutes to finally get through security and then finally on our way to the check-in area!

166.jpg

Where we found this...

168.jpg

Hard to tell from this pic, but the line was snaked and then all the way along the outer wall!

The guy at the door asked us if we were Castaway Club members and when we said yes, he seemed VERY excited, and told us that we were about to be VERY happy that we were :rotfl:

Once we saw that the line for CC members had about a dozen families in it and the first time cruiser line had the rest, yup, we were happy :p

169.jpg

This is her I'm-so-glad-we-have-sailed-before look :goodvibes

167.jpg

We finally made it up to check-in counter 16 and presented our check-in agent with a little gift...Canadian chocolate bars :D

198.jpg

He said that he was so very happy about his little gift! I bet his day was pretty tough too :oops:

He got us all checked in but hadn't given us our lanyards so I politely asked him if he had any lanyards for us. He sweetly replied that we would have to have cruised on DCL before in order to get those.

:rolleyes2

I politely showed him our Key to the World cards that he just gave us and pointed out where it said "Gold CC Member" :upsidedow

He apologized and grabbed our lanyards and had me sign a special sheet for them.

We were now free to board the ship!!!!

:yay:

It was almost 5 pm!!! o_O

So much for my plans! HAHAHAHA! The only thing that actually worked out according to my schedule was Rob and Kira's breakfast at Waffle House :rotfl2:

sigh.gif

To be honest with you, this was a very rough day. I am trying not to dwell on the negative parts too much but thinking back to this day, I remember all too clearly how rough it really was on me. I really wasn't feeling good. I remember thinking in the car, in line for the parking lot that I REALLY had to pee. I knew there wouldn't be a chance to pee until the terminal but with the chaos and the crowds and everything, I never did get to go. It was now 5pm and the last time I ate was 22 hours ago and I was nursing a really bad headache. I don't even know how I made it to that point, the be honest.

I hadn't felt that bad in quite some time. And although we were excited to finally get on the ship, I felt really messed up :faint:

Once we made it up the escalator, there was another room up there with tons of now-empty chairs and the welcome aboard photos were being taken there. We have purchased the Welcome Aboard photo on all of our previous cruises together so I wanted to get it done but I now felt like the Walking Dead and I almost skipped it.

I got over myself, feigned a smile and took the pic!

199.jpg

I should mention that I ordered us matching shirts from Cafe Press and wasn't happy about the whole experience! They sent me shirts that were very yellowish, the print wasn't great and my XL shirt fit like a Medium! I complained and they redid the order, this time with a XXL shirt for me and it was swimming on me! I tried to fix it a little but it came just a few days before we left.

That will be the last time I order from Cafe Press! :sad1:

Hard to see but it says "On Island Time This Christmas"

http://www.cafepress.ca/mf/74343802/on-island-time_tshirt?productId=742744721

Finally, we were on the gangway to the ship!

It was so funny because Kira kept asking if we were on the ship yet. :laughing:

When we got into the terminal, before security, she asked if this was the ship. Then right after check-in, she asked again, then upstairs in that last room, she asked me once again. :rotfl2:

I told her that she will KNOW when she is on the ship! Told her that she will see it like she sees our plane before boarding it.

That kid needs to cruise more often :scratchin :rolleyes1

She was THRILLED to finally see it and to know that we were about to set foot on her!!!

170.jpg

This was the first time on the Wonder for all of us. We had seen her come into port in Victoria but we've never sailed on her. This cruise actually completed my Grand Slam, all four Disney ships under my belt now. Only took fourteen and a half years :rolleyes:

Rob and Kira still need to cruise on the Dream to complete their Grand Slam.

171.jpg

She was so excited, she wouldn't even wait for pics :rolleyes2

They put hand sanitizers right THERE as you board, which was a pain because I had the camcorder going, also trying to take pics and wash my hands!! Not an easy feat! :worried:

172.jpg

Kira was finally on the ship and I think she let out a big squeeeeeeeee! :P

I was excited but this was the most non-celebratory DCL ship embarkation ever, no family announcement, no music playing, I don't even think there was a CM there :confused: It was sooo weird!

My mind was frazzled, I felt like I was going to pass out. I figured we probably couldn't get Gingerbread and Anna & Elsa tickets but we headed to Guest Services anyway to find another big line!

My bladder was seriously about to explode now and I could not wait in another line if my life depended on it!!! Thankfully Rob was willing, which allowed me time to get to our room and take pics/video before they arrived! God, I love that man :love:

I have tons of photos for the next part so I am going to end this chapter here.

Last edited:
I'm so happy to find your trip report! I have read all of your others (even before Kira!) and I love your details and style of writing. I'm also Canadian (NS) so I love your perspective on things. I'm so glad that you finally boarded...can't wait to read more!

Oh my gosh, what a crud start to the cruise! How chaotic!!! And then to top it off you're not feeling well at all :crazy2: Well I hope now that you're on board the Wonder it was smmooooth sailing from hereon in ;-)

Following along! We have talked about taking a cruise through Galvaston so this has been a treat to read and quite informative thus far! What a doozie of a first day.

We also love the rainforest cafe!

Going on my first cruise in May to Alaska.

What a tough first day! I think the parking lines would have made me the craziest. I know my 4 year old would have also been bonkers.

So glad you're on board!

Day 3 Part 3

Remember how I said there wasn't a single CM to be found when we boarded the ship? Well, I found out why! As we were boarding, they were all doing the Sailaway Party! :eek:

Yup, my fellow cruisers told me yesterday that there was indeed a Sailaway party at about 5pm! They said it was a shortened, 15-minute version of the normal one and that there was hardly anybody there. I wish I could have seen it and even more so, I wish they would have delayed it a bit as there were hundreds of people yet to board but I guess they need to stick to a schedule.

Also, according to my fellow cruisers, when most people boarded, there was nothing open and nowhere to eat but room service! They normally close things down (for the safety drill) at 3 but people only started boarding around then! They eventually realized their mistake and reopened the fast food areas but a lot of people who were starving chose to go eat or rest over going to the Sailaway Party. :scared:

I made my way up to mid ship deck 6 and found our room. I quickly took some pics and video and just finished up as my family arrived.

The Christmas decorations were actually pretty awesome and a good bargain for the price. The hanging decorations were all magnetic, hung to the ceiling. Once Rob and Kira saw them, I moved them all above the sofa, because that is where Kira was sleeping and I knew she would enjoy them. Plus they were kind of in the way where they were. :rolleyes:

175.jpg

176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

179.jpg

180.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

There was water all over the outer part of our deck for a couple of days. Kira accidentally walked right into a big puddle the first time and ended up soaking her shoes and socks! Of course, all of her other shoes were in her checked bag, which didn't arrive until later :guilty:

182.jpg

Yup, the sun had almost set by the time we got to our room :scared:

181.jpg

183.jpg

184.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

187.jpg

I loved that there were two USD ports in the clock, I used them every night to charge my phone and iPad. :thumbsup2

188.jpg

Here's the three stockings (out of plastic) that were available to order. Two of them came with the package and the third was $10 I think. They were super soft and worked great for Christmas morning!

189.jpg

The Gold CC gift...

190.jpg

The safe, in the closet.

191.jpg

Still loading our supplies and they were still loading luggage on the other side of the dock.

192.jpg

Rob said that the Anna & Elsa tickets were all gone and the only Gingerbread making class left was for 8AM on Christmas morning. Well, I can tell you right now that we didn't make it to that :sad2:

Our luggage arrived in short order, well one of them anyway so Kira and I decorated our door. I had more stuff to put up put they announced that the safety drill was about to start so we had to put everything on hold and make our way down to deck 4.

196.jpg

This is what the final product looked like...

197.jpg

And I have to say that the battery operated lights on our FE were the best idea ever!!! Not only did it help us find our cabin easily (more on that later :rolleyes:) but later on we found out that our neighbours loved it too because they knew they were next/close to the lights :D

I will be bringing and hanging lights on every single future cruise :woohoo:

Before I end this chapter, I will leave you with someone that gave me a big laugh, just when I needed it!

:lmao:

Last edited:
What a horrible embarkation day! I am happy that the dancing Christmas tree cheered you up a little!! We had the same package and loved it, too. And the Christmas tree was a daily cause for laughter for us. Yes, we were only two adults, but we let it dance daily!

I had been wondering how DCL was dealing with the delay. Seems like they dealt with it not so brilliantly. Hope thing will improve asap now!

That little tree is adorable! And I love how you hear the DCL announcement chime in the background! It gave me goosebumps! Sorry you had such a bad embarkation day.

Following along! We're from Calgary too, and just got off the Wonder in December, I like reading about your experiences with the new terminal. They mirrored ours. I didn't know what to do with the kiosks for all the pictures though.

Thanks for the Galveston updates too, we are planning on another Wonder cruise next year out of the port (most convenient with a 2 and 4 year old, or 3 and 5 next year) and never thought to spend some time in Galveston. This year we were going to try BG and were just too tired after a travel day, so I'm glad we didn't!

You surprise ticket for her birthday is so cool! I am looking for things to wrap up for christmas 2017 because my kid are getting a disney cruise, definatly saving this idea.

Day 3 Part 4

For once I wasn't upset that our lifeboat drill would be on deck 4. It seems like I always face the sun and then people always squish/hit/push/shove/kick me! Well, at least the former was not true this time :mad:

194.jpg

As we were standing there, we were watching people still board! And I don't mean one or two parties, we saw TONS of people still boarding!! I don't understand how they can be doing a lifeboat drill when so many people were still boarding/stuck in the terminal :confused3

I have never been more impatient about getting this over but I felt like I was about to pass out!!! :faint:

Remember how I said my kid was a worry wart? Well, for me, this was a double whammy because I was also getting drilled with questions from Kira :(

With every answer I gave, she drilled me with more questions...

Why are we standing here?
Should we have our life jackets on?
What kind of emergency?
Can our ship sink?
Has a Disney ship ever sank?
What happens if we sink?
What's going to happen to Louise if we sink?
How many life boats are there?
How do they get them down to the water?
Are there sharks in the water?
Is the water cold?
How deep is the water?

The poor kid :sad1:

Normally when the drill is over, I like to linger and let the crowds disperse before I even move because I hate to be herded
sheep.gif

But it seemed like everyone else had the same idea and nobody was moving so we pushed through the crowds and headed up to deck 9.

Man, I was feeling it! Now 6pm, which makes it about 23 hours since I last ate and even Rob and Kira were beyond hungry, having last eaten at RFC at 1pm ish.

Got in line for some chicken strips, along with everyone else and their dog :scared:

Finally made it through and WOLFED down some terrible, rubbery chicken strips :crazy2:

195.jpg

I'm shocked I actually stopped to take a pic!

The fries were good and I was hoping that this would not be the norm for chicken strips this week!

It was fast approaching 6:15 and I knew that's when the first show in the Walt Disney Theatre typically begins.

This is when I first realized that I hadn't even looked at the Navigator!! o_O

Normally I devour each and every word on the page before we even board! :rolleyes2

For your perusal, here is the actual first day Navigator...

226.jpg

Obviously things had changed a little after this sucker was printed :rolleyes1

I double checked the Navigator app (YAY FOR THAT APP!!! :worship:) to be sure the show started at 6:15. I knew we would be late but I always love to watch that show. We were late to the theatre but it hadn't started yet, thankfully!

We got to see our cruise director Darren, and some great acts in the show. About half way through, I realized that we had started moving. I was so sad to miss sail away, it's one of my favourite parts of the cruise but watching the show was more important to me and it was one or the other. :sad1:

Although we missed it, we still rushed out to deck 4 after to show, to see if we could see anything...not much but better than nothing!

200.jpg

After the show, we headed back to our room where the rest of our luggage awaited us in the hall.

The tree lighting ceremony was starting soon and I had really wanted to watch it but sitting there, in our room, with three large, full suitcases, I felt discombobulated. Normally by now, we are all organized and unpacked for the week, which left us free for the activities but I felt so out of sorts. The headache, rushing to see the show and wolfing down some crappy chicken strips didn't help matters either :worried:

I told Rob and Kira to go watch the show without me. I needed to unpack. Our dinner was at 8:15 and I still needed to find Rob's suit to get it pressed for the next day. Also, it would make it much easier for me if no one else was in my way.

So, I stayed, unpacked and organized and they headed to the Atrium...

230.jpg

231.jpg

232.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

235.jpg

and then they stopped for some ice cream :D

193.jpg

By then it was dinner time!

I had requested a table for just the 3 of us and the rotation that put us in Tiana's on the first night, both requests were granted :thumbsup2

We neared the restaurant 5 minutes before our scheduled dinner time to find a HUGE line waiting! I told Rob that he was welcome to join the line but I was DONE with lines today and refused to even look at it :laughing:

They found the end wayyyyyyyyyy down near Triton's and when they neared the front, I joined them.

We were escorted to table 54 by our assistant server, Maria...

Princess and The Frog is one of my favourite Disney movies and it also just happens to be the first movie Kira ever saw in the theatre!
loveshower.gif
So obviously, I loved everything about this place!!!

201.jpg

This was waiting in Kira's spot...

202.jpg

Let me just say right here and right now, this was the BEST service Kira has ever gotten on a cruise! Sadly, her experience in the dining rooms on previous cruises, starting at the age of 10 months, has been HORRIBLE!!! I won't go into detail as I have already written about our experiences in previous trip reports (except for her first cruise, because I ended up deleting that Trip Report due to personal reasons) but needless to say, this week's experience with the dining rooms was a BAJILLION times better than all the others, when it came to Kira. ::yes::

206.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

We also met our server, Aaron, from the Philippines.

Although we heard zero complaints, we could tell that they had had a stressful, long day too!

The service was still great but they weren't on point that night as much as they were the rest of the cruise. I felt bad for them, I could only imagine how tough their day had been, with (probably grumpy) guests staying on much later than usual, having so little down time in between the old and new guests and then all of the new, frazzled guests on board. :crazy2:

I took photos of everything we ate, along with the menus every night and it was pretty obvious what our choices were so I am not going to post every single name, you're all smart, you can figure it out :p

During our meal, we enjoyed the music/show, they were all amazingly talented!!!

236.jpg

207.jpg

Kira didn't really care for the kids menus, she's a picky little eater, like her momma :rolleyes2

I told her that there was a Caesar Salad on the adult menu, and she loves those so she ordered that.

I didn't realize until we got home, looking at pics that there was broccoli in her salad but she polished off every single bite so she must have eaten it. I asked her and she didn't realize their was broccoli in it either but that is one of the few veggies she likes so it was no surprise to me that she ate it, just a lovely bonus when I saw the pic :laughing:

208.jpg

You might be surprised with my appetizer choice...yup, I actually ordered veggies!!! :rolleyes1

209.jpg

And I quite enjoyed it! :goodvibes

Rob's appy...

210.jpg

We also ordered the soups, I didn't like either of them :rolleyes1

Rob enjoyed them and ate them both though as I don't think he enjoyed his salmon appy.

212.jpg

213.jpg

211.jpg

My kid was happy and there wasn't an iPad in sight :worship: :woohoo:

Rob's entree...

215.jpg

And mine...

214.jpg

I'm going to have to continue this in the next post :scratchin

Last edited:
Rob and Kira had excellent spots for the tree lighting!! I'm sorry you had to miss it :(

I am SO excited about Tiana's Place. Parrot Cay was our least fave restaurant on the Wonder and on our first cruise (a 4 night) we had it in rotation twice. So looking forward to this new restaurant in August, it looks fantastic!

Day 3 Part 5

During dinner, Tiana came by to visit, she was exquisite!

216.jpg

217.jpg

Dessert time!

218.jpg

Let me tell you now that I am not a dessert person. It's not something I care much for, I enjoy some cheesecakes and I go bonkers for the vanilla McCain Deep & Delicious cake but honestly, I would much rather have a hot dog for dessert than something sweet :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

BUT, I probably ate more desserts on this cruise than all my previous cruises put together and I enjoyed most of them! Like...more than enjoyed them, some were insanely good :goodvibes

Like this one...

I only ordered it because it was the signature dessert...

219.jpg

Kira had this...

220.jpg

And Rob got these...

221.jpg

222.jpg

I tried a small bite of every dessert we ordered throughout the week but I only stuck with the ones I loved.

Dinner was WONDERFULLY quick! Normally we are only finishing up about 10pm or later but with a great serving team and a small table, dinner was quick every single night! I will NEVER do a big table at dinner again, unless I have no choice. :rolleyes1

Since we hadn't set foot in the kids clubs yet, we figured we would take Kira there so she could see what they were like.

This YA CM was great, always pleasant and seemed genuinely excited for the kids. He helped Kira get her band.

223.jpg

He asked us if we wanted her to have check-in/check-out privileges and we said absolutely not! She had just turned 10 and has never been on this ship, she is nervous about everything so even though at the age of 8 (I think!) kids can check themselves in/out, we didn't feel comfortable with it.

We told her to have a CM page us when she was done and we would come get her. Thankfully this can be done through the app so we didn't have to carry those wave phones around with us :scared:

I was having some issues staying connected to the wi-fi so I had to make sure I reconnected a lot when she was in the clubs, just in case.

We were very close to the clubs, thankfully. We didn't get to choose our room as we were GTY status but we lucked out with a great midship room on deck 6, super close to both the Club and the Lab.

Snapped a pic of the Atrium, which I was only seeing for the second time that day.

224.jpg

Back to the room to find this...

225.jpg

227.jpg

I forgot to mention that we had met our stateroom host Wira (super easy to remember for us :laughing:) after the welcome aboard show. He asked us if we needed anything so I had requested that he leave Kira's bed made up (her request) and that he brought me ice every day. He rocked at both requests and was very friendly to us every time we saw him.

The funniest thing was that he always used our names when he saw us and half the time he called me Catherine (my legal name) and half the time he called me Christine (Kira's middle name, and my mom's name is Christina) which just made me giggle. Sometimes he would run into me twice in a matter of minutes and usually it was Catherine the first time and then Christine the second time :lmao:

I never corrected him because the whole thing just made me laugh and I didn't want him to feel bad. It kept me entertained all week long :rotfl2:

Rob and I tried to log onto the internet but we kept getting errors. He called Guest Services about it and they said that we were in a spot where connectivity was bad but that it would get better soon.

We both had tried to sign up for the free 50MB but neither of us could get online, in fact, it seemed like we couldn't even sign up so we both gave up after 20 minutes of trying.

About an hour later, we were summoned back to the Club to pick up Kira. The line for parents picking up/dropping off was long. It actually took about 15 minutes for Kira to leave the club after she had paged us. She was just sitting there, bored, waiting for us. :(

It was after 11 now, the pools were all closed for the night and Kira was really exhausted, she actually asked to go to bed :rolleyes:

228.jpg

She had worried about her bed, she didn't think it would be comfy but I told her that I had spent two nights on it (on the Magic) in February and that it was very comfortable for me and I am super picky about beds so I knew it would be good for her. She didn't believe me at first but when she crawled in that night, she said I was totally right! In fact, she actually asked me when we got home if she could get a bed like her cruise bed :teeth:

This is a good time to tell you a story that I totally forgot about! In our room at the Hilton, the day before we boarded, she had said something to me that was funny, rare and music to my ears :p

You see, my kid LOVES to argue with me, so much so that I have told her she should be a lawyer because she likes to argue just for the sake of arguing! :rolleyes:

She had argued about most things so far this trip, in two days, she had argued about:

1- Her ears not ever popping again after landing in Houston
2- Her liking the iced tea at RFC
3- Her being colder wearing her bikini in the pool
4- Her not liking Forrest Gump
5- Her not hurting her fingers while doing handstands in the pool

among several other things :rolleyes1

So, after watching Forrest Gump and loving it, she turned to me and said "Mommy, you were right, I totally loved that movie! Actually, you're right about everything. You were right about the iced tea and the bikini and my fingers and that my ears would pop. You're always right. You're a great Mom."

love-smiley.gif

Is that not the best thing ever??? :p

I told her that I should record her because it won't be long before I am wrong about everything and that I know nothing!!! :rotfl:

Just before midnight, I headed up to deck 9 to grab a Diet-Coke...

Somehow, I managed to find this, which is weird because I don't really like Disney pizza but hey, I'm on a cruise and I must make up for that 23 hours of not eating, right? :rolleyes1

229.jpg

Last edited:
Tiana's looks so yummy!
So glad you finally made it on the ship.
I have had Paige once tell me I was right. hahaha.. Claire right now...I do nothing right at all. EVER!

Oh that signature dessert looks divine!!
So is Kira aging out of the lab/club do you think? It's too bad she was bored.

So sweet what she said to you....awwww :stitch2:

All these pics are making me wish I had a cruise planned! I love what Kira said...and it's true, you may not here it again for at least 10 years, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter