cast member discounts?

Rustyflwr3

<font color=teal>"I only hope that we never lose s
I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it....so, does anyone know if there are discounts for a DFTW that apply to cast members of Disney World?

Thanks!

For an intimate, you don't get a discount on the wedding itself, but you get your 50% off for the mandatory hotel stay, which is nice. Someone else on this board is doing a custom, and I think they got a bit of a discount on the wedding itself. Can't remember who that was though...

We were told for a custom we could not get a discount....we did use the CM discount for our Rehearsal Dinner and Hotels as well.....

We received 10% off food, beverage, entertainment and floral. I don't know if it affected anything else. if we had used all Disney services it would have been a 20% discount (pretty much the gratuity). Good luck!!! My FFIL is a cast member. :teeth:

Wow! Congrats on the discount. :thumbsup2
I wonder how long you have to be a castmember to get the discount?!?! That would definitly be reason enough for me to get a job at Disney for awhile! Hmmmmm . . . now I am very curious! :sunny:

Since, we're on the topic. :)

We are moving to Orlando and I plan on making my dream come true of working at Disney, once we get settled! :cloud9:

How do discounts work for CM's? Do all CM's get the same discounts, tickets, etc?

I am really curious because we were wondering if you automatically get free admission, etc?

How does it work with discounts at resort stays? I didn't even think about that! How about cruises? :goodvibes

From what I understand, the discounts changes slightly from year to year. This year, discounts (standard, not holiday, which is something altogether different) include:

1. 50% or 40% off hotel stays, depending on availability and if the CM himself is staying in the room or if it's for friends/family.

2. Discount off all Disney merchandise (in the parks, DD, etc., but not online, as far as I know). I think 20% regularly?

3. There is a cruise discount. I think it's also based on availability but I think it starts at 50% and goes down from there. I don't quite understand how that works.

4. There's also food discounts, depending on the location and time of day. For example, some places give greater discounts at lunch but others only give discounts during dinner Monday through Thursday.

5. And the favorite question, park attendance. Part-time (and full-time, I believe) CMs get themselves in whenever they want. If they're married, the spouse can get in with them. They will also get a main gate pass, which is good for bringing up to three people (the number of people changes; I'm not sure what it's based on) into the parks up to 12 times a year (they all get park hoppers; hooray!). Part-time means working at least two days a week. Once you get the initial training in (several months working two days a week), you can drop down to seasonal, which get all the same benefits but can only get people in up to six times a year, I believe. Oh, and CMs park for free, of course.

I'm sure there' s more I'm not thinking of, but that's the main bits. If you have any other questions, just PM me.

If they're married, the spouse can get in with them

My Dh is a CM and I don't automatically get in free with him. We have to use his maingate pass which is only good for 12 visits a year.
Seasonal cast members get in for free, but don't get ALL the same benefits, not sure which one's though.
To be elligible for the FTW discounts you must be part-time or full-time for at least a year on the day of your event. You are not elligible for certain wedding discounts on Saturday and I think Friday and Sunday.

The wedding discount is only available Mon-Thurs. We are able to get the 10% off as well and the WP is $500 cheaper. My FMIL AND FFIL and FBIL are all cast members. When I worked there we went on the 7 day cruise and we paid $525 which included the tips. The number on the maingates change depending on your position, my FBIL does not have a limit on his maingate. One thing that is just wonderful is that if you show the ID even off property some places give you a discount (Restaurants and even at the outlets)

musiksmith, according to the Disney portal, Spouses/Domestic Partners can get a special Spouse/Domestic Partner pass or can otherwise somehow get it with their spouses. You might want to have your husband check the portal again and get you added as a spouse/dependent. Then you wouldn't have to use up your maingates each time. Maybe I just misunderstood it, but that's how it looks to me...

That just means that I can use the maingate without him there. It has both of our names on it and I must use photo ID. We went down to access control to find out for sure. It may be different for those professionals who have silver passes though.

Okay...I got another question maybe someone can help me with. We are moving to Orlando in February, but I don't plan on trying to get a job at WDW, until May at the earliest. We will be visiting WDW before that and we're thinking of getting FL resident annual passes. If I start working at Disney can I get some sort of refund or anything like that? We already have a week trip planned in March with my family. Any suggestions?

They won't give you a refund. So you can either just buy tickets for that trip or get the FL resident annual pass. I don't remember if you already are a FL resident, but you will need a FL idea to get the FL resident price. You can get in with your ID, which you get right away. The other benefits take effect after 90days. You get your food and merchandise discounts with your ID so those would be in effect right away too. HTH!

It seems a lot of people on here have or do work for Disney or know people who do. I am wondering if there is any other way or any other place where I can get some more information about job openings besides the website? Any other place to get info. about the benefits?

Where would you get information about working at one of the restaurants, shops, etc?

I am also curious if anyone has gone on an audition and was is involved with a character audition?

I plan on trying to get a job in a few months, but not sure what I wan tto do exactly. I want to be able to get more information. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

musiksmith said:
They won't give you a refund. So you can either just buy tickets for that trip or get the FL resident annual pass. I don't remember if you already are a FL resident, but you will need a FL idea to get the FL resident price. You can get in with your ID, which you get right away. The other benefits take effect after 90days. You get your food and merchandise discounts with your ID so those would be in effect right away too. HTH!

So, you get to go to all the parks for free as soon as you get a job? Is this just if you work in the theme parks or at Downtown Disney too? Any benefits for Pleasue Island, Water Parks, etc?

From what I have heard, Disney is such a huge internal employer and recruiter, the jobs that they post on the website are those that haven't been filled by a cast member. The jobs posted there are also higher up jobs like management/supervisor positions. If you are interested in entry level jobs just to get your foot in the door, I believe you can call 1-407-828-1000

Fairy_Tale, I sent you a ridiculously long PM, but in short: the best way to get in for lower level stuff is to attend a job fair once you get here. They have them quite frequently. Good luck!

You should call the number someone posted above closer to when you're moving. The entry level openings change very frequently, so what is on there today may not be tomorrow. You can speak to someone to set up an interview a few days in advance.
You don't get into the waterparks or Disneyquest for free, but certain times of the year you get a 50% discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter