• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cast members are amazing!

dizneyfiend

9 trips and counting!
We just returned from our Disney vacay and even though the last few days were overcast and rainy- awesome time! Stayed at our first deluxe resort!!!
I rarely comment but I felt it important to say that cast members get a bad rap from too many guests. I work in retail management and observed what these folks have to endure on long, hot days. Most of them do it with a smile. I only say this because too often I read negative comments about how the cast members of today aren't what they used to be. I for one want to send out a thank you to all the cast members that made our vacation extra special! We soooo appreciate you!

did you go to guest services and fill out a CM compliment form? Its great that you post here on DIS and tell the world, but its more important to actually do a CM compliment form. You will need the the name of the CM, the time and location and a description of what the CM did that you felt they should be thanked for.

The CM compliment forms go to the department managers and then to the CM. They get put on the CM employee record and count towards the benefits and privileges the CM can build up such as shift preferences and vacation time.

did you go to guest services and fill out a CM compliment form? Its great that you post here on DIS and tell the world, but its more important to actually do a CM compliment form. You will need the the name of the CM, the time and location and a description of what the CM did that you felt they should be thanked for.

The CM compliment forms go to the department managers and then to the CM. They get put on the CM employee record and count towards the benefits and privileges the CM can build up such as shift preferences and vacation time.
No! I didn't! Thank you so much for the information. Will reach out now to do so

Yes you can also compliment the CM's using WDW's Twitter account - they reply quickly and then sometimes you even get pictures of excited CM's *getting* their certificate! Use the #CastCompliment tag and they'll follow up with you.

It seems a little silly but I LOVED finding out what our Mousekeeper looked like - after all, she made us towel animals and set up my DD's toys in the hotel all week! Even my DD would dance around the room upon returning and sing a song about "Maria and our Disney Home!"

Some recent examples:
https://twitter.com/wdwtoday/status/703285916148895744?lang=en

We just returned from our Disney vacay and even though the last few days were overcast and rainy- awesome time! Stayed at our first deluxe resort!!!
I rarely comment but I felt it important to say that cast members get a bad rap from too many guests. I work in retail management and observed what these folks have to endure on long, hot days. Most of them do it with a smile. I only say this because too often I read negative comments about how the cast members of today aren't what they used to be. I for one want to send out a thank you to all the cast members that made our vacation extra special! We soooo appreciate you!
I've found it more hit or miss lately, some are outstanding, some not so much, definitely not at the same level as past years.

I emailed WDW after we returned to make sure they knew how one CM saved our trip. After I got to try out two rides I'd never been on before at WDW (shuttle to urgent care, ambulance to ER) I got two calls from Joe at the front desk, making sure I was OK, and he gave us 3 FP+ to use anywhere to make up for the day we lost. It really helped turn our trip around. So I thanked him personally, let the front desk know, and sent the email.

Oh my! Well at least you can maintain a positive attitude about it... hope you are feeling better now.

Thank you, but sadly I am not feeling better. But I have to say that the doctor in the ER at Florida Hospital in Celebration was very thorough and found some things my doctor at home missed.

This happened years ago, but I have never forgotten it. My hubs and I had gone to have dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe, but it had closed early for some reason; while he was in the restroom, and I was sitting on a bench in the small lobby shared by the Cafe and 1900 Park Fare, I must have looked as disappointed as I felt, because Tigger, making his rounds in 1900 Park Fare, saw me, and promptly climbed over the rope at the lobby entrance of the restaurant, came over to me, and gave me a big hug to cheer me up! I thanked him for making me smile, and he went back to his character rounds. That was the kindest thing a CM has ever done, and I will never forget it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter