Cast members at the holidays

tkgdisney

Mouseketeer
Remember that the cast members are working on the holidays, and many at minimum wage. You know when you go to the parks during this time that it will be crowded, lines will be long and restaurants will be over crowded. When we decide to go at this time of the year, we are accepting that we may not ride many rides, that we will eat what we can get and that is not the fault of the cast members.

Please try to wish them a good day, it is extremely stressful for them and many are missing their families at this time of year. They are predicting huge crowds at all parks and hopefully all will go well, but this is not a perfect world, the cast members are not perfect, and we guests are not either. Take a deep breath and roll with the crowds, enjoy your days in the magic and share whatever magic you can!

Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a safe and happy New Year, and let's be nice to cast members too!

Remember that the cast members are working on the holidays, and many at minimum wage. You know when you go to the parks during this time that it will be crowded, lines will be long and restaurants will be over crowded. When we decide to go at this time of the year, we are accepting that we may not ride many rides, that we will eat what we can get and that is not the fault of the cast members.

Please try to wish them a good day, it is extremely stressful for them and many are missing their families at this time of year. They are predicting huge crowds at all parks and hopefully all will go well, but this is not a perfect world, the cast members are not perfect, and we guests are not either. Take a deep breath and roll with the crowds, enjoy your days in the magic and share whatever magic you can!

Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a safe and happy New Year, and let's be nice to cast members too!

Very well said. :thumbsup2

Yup. After belonging here I can't believe the crap people complain to cast members about. I have been to Disney a lot and have never felt the need to get angry with or yell at a cast member.

Just seeing the abuse many took with the much needed switch from GAC to DAS I wonder how they manage to make it through the day without punching someone...who very much deserved it.

I actually had a lengthy conversation with a 'managerial-type' person. He said that complainers were called 'PG's' or problem guests.

Even though they weren't always right - they were always guests. And treat them as such. End of the day - the PG's spent money - and Disney got that money.

Remember that the cast members are working on the holidays, and many at minimum wage. You know when you go to the parks during this time that it will be crowded, lines will be long and restaurants will be over crowded. When we decide to go at this time of the year, we are accepting that we may not ride many rides, that we will eat what we can get and that is not the fault of the cast members. Please try to wish them a good day, it is extremely stressful for them and many are missing their families at this time of year. They are predicting huge crowds at all parks and hopefully all will go well, but this is not a perfect world, the cast members are not perfect, and we guests are not either. Take a deep breath and roll with the crowds, enjoy your days in the magic and share whatever magic you can! Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a safe and happy New Year, and let's be nice to cast members too!

Nicely stated!

Many of the CMs, especially in the Entertainment group, are working 16 hour/days without a break until after Dec. 31st to provide the best guest experiences. Extending Holiday greetings to them whether it is along the parade route, in a meet and greet, at a cash register, or when ordering a meal, goes a long way and they do appreciate it!

It always amazes me when people lies it because of the crowds, and expect something because it ruined the trip. I guess they did no research to know it will be crowded at the holidays, and then feel entitled! The stories I gave heard never cease to amaze!

Excellent post! :santa:

There is no call for guests to yell or mistreat cast members at ANY time. There's no call for cast members to be rude to guests, either.

Well put OP
My husband works at DHS and starting on Monday they have to park at Epcot and bus to DHS so that there are more parking spots for guests. So what was an hour commute has become 2 hours for the next week.

Well put! It may be our vacation, but it's their holiday! :thumbsup2

My niece works at everest and yesterday was probably the last day off she will have until next year.

Talked to a cm out side guest services just 3 hours ago and he told us that he once worked tsm on Xmas eve. He related a story about a guest not so happy about the 5 hour line. In his best calm cm voice he told her that he was not the one that told her to visit wdw during Xmas and get in a 5 hour line.::yes::

He related a story about a guest not so happy about the 5 hour line. In his best calm cm voice he told her that he was not the one that told her to visit wdw during Xmas and get in a 5 hour line.::yes::

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Did he end that with "Have a magical day"?

As a Cast Member, I cannot tell you how much a simple thank you means. This past Thanksgiving, I had several guests thank me for being willing to work so they could enjoy the holiday together as a family. Yes, we work crazy long hours without a break, but it is those simple words that I will always remember. Thank you for your kind words. That is how you make magic for us :)

Thank you for this! I was on the college program last year, and had to spend the evening of Christmas Day at work. It was my first Christmas away from home too. The day was pretty quiet, nothing too busy because everyone was at the parks and we were a pretty secluded resort location.

Speaking of thank you's, sometimes I got tips from people even though I worked in Quick Service. If you are trying to give a tip, and the cast member refuses, remember that they are not being rude, they can't accept the tip! A better alternative for any cast member who is not a Full-Service (Waiter/Waitress) cast member is requesting to see their leader and asking to fill out a Four Keys Fanatic Card (or whatever their location uses for recognition). It is basically really good on their record and another good way to thank a cast member :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter