Castaway Cay Cabana's

Michelle Duncan

Earning My Ears
I've booked cabanas for our first trip to Castaway Cay but I'm having hesitations. I'm traveling with my 92 year old grandmother (who is often more mobile than I am), and my 72 year old Mom who has cancer and colitis.

I'm concerned about the accessibility to restrooms for my mom as well as the two tram trip to get to Serenity Bay.

From what I can gather from YouTube, blogs, and old forum questions, there are new restrooms but I'd like to know how close they are to the cabanas since my mom can't walk that far.

The Port Adventure booking doesn't seem to match any Castaway Cay cabana map I can find online. For our first cruise I have 'Serenity Bay Cabana 2' and for our second (we are doing back to back trips), I have 'Family Beach Cabana 9'

I'm trying to make this trip as stress free and enjoyable for my Mom and Grandma - if anyone can help with updated information I would be extremely grateful.

I've booked cabanas for our first trip to Castaway Cay but I'm having hesitations. I'm traveling with my 92 year old grandmother (who is often more mobile than I am), and my 72 year old Mom who has cancer and colitis.

I'm concerned about the accessibility to restrooms for my mom as well as the two tram trip to get to Serenity Bay.

From what I can gather from YouTube, blogs, and old forum questions, there are new restrooms but I'd like to know how close they are to the cabanas since my mom can't walk that far.

The Port Adventure booking doesn't seem to match any Castaway Cay cabana map I can find online. For our first cruise I have 'Serenity Bay Cabana 2' and for our second (we are doing back to back trips), I have 'Family Beach Cabana 9'

I'm trying to make this trip as stress free and enjoyable for my Mom and Grandma - if anyone can help with updated information I would be extremely grateful.
The Castaway Cay layout has changed over the years. You'll find the most up-to-date and correct map on the DCL website.

I would suggest you contact DCL special services and see about getting a golf cart to take you direct to the Serenity Bay cabanas. Maybe even to the Family Beach one. The rest room at Serenity Bay is at the entrance area, by the buffet/bar area.

cabanas numbers map.jpg

I believe the restroom on the Family beach is around cabana #12.

I had a Cabana at Serenity Bay and our host told us there was no need for us to walk from our cabana to the bathroom or to the buffet that he would come and get us with the golf cart whenever we wanted. Whenever we called him he was there within a couple minutes. It would be an okay distance for someone to walk if they were in decent health, but it might be too much for your mom. I don't think the two trams would be an issue. The cabanas are lovely and would provide a lot of comfort for someone in poor health. When we returned to the ship our cabana host took us directly to the gangway, so if yours did the same that would be even less walking for your mom.

Whenever we called him he was there within a couple minutes.

This can vary tremendously. The four times we've had a Serenity Bay cabana and have tried to call the attendant he didn't show up. Ever. We've waited as long as thirty minutes only to have him never show up. The same experience happened to friends of ours (his wife has foot problems and can't walk long distances easily) Don't count on your attendant being attentive unless Disney has put their foot down and fixed things.

I have had Family Beach Cabana 6 and it is a 2 minute walk to the restroom, so # 9 is even closer. Make sure you use the restrooms that are for the cabana guests only, your host will show you where they are. I haven't stayed at the Serenity Bay ones in years, but if my memory serves me correctly there are restrooms right near Cookies 2. You should call Disney, let them know your mother and grandmother have mobility issues, and they will get you a golf cart that takes you from the ship directly to your cabana. Once you are in the cabana, there is a bell for the host, and they will get you anything you need, food, drinks, and a gold cart to take you wherever you ned to go. Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your cruise

The Castaway Cay layout has changed over the years. You'll find the most up-to-date and correct map on the DCL website.
Can anyone link the latest cabana map? I cannot find it on the DCL website.

Thanks, I see the Castaway map but don't see the specific cabana numbers. I'm trying to choose a cabana and can't tell from that. I remember someone posting another map before.

Thanks, I see the Castaway map but don't see the specific cabana numbers. I'm trying to choose a cabana and can't tell from that. I remember someone posting another map before.
I don't have a map, but I have a picture I took of the family beach cabanas (#18-21 not on this one, but there are immediately to the left of the ones pictured)
family beach 2014 cabanas #.jpg family beach cabanas 2014 16117 DSCF1505 1500.jpg

This is a map using the old numbers:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...-Retreat-Information-Pricing-January-2016.jpg

# 23 on serenity bay is "serenity bay cabin 2" now. we had this cabin on our December cruise on the Fantasy.

At Serenity Bay there are washrooms near the BBQ. The walk isn't horribly long, but you have to walk past cabin 1, and then the massage cabins, then cross the end of the runway then walk in a bit on the other side. Unfortunately, I never timed how long it took. Google maps thinks it is about 100 m.

SW

Thanks PrincessShmoo, that pictures are helpful. It looks like in the first that cabana #3 thru #8 view is blocked by green fencing. Is that accurate?

Thanks PrincessShmoo, that pictures are helpful. It looks like in the first that cabana #3 thru #8 view is blocked by green fencing. Is that accurate?
No, that was there during construction.

Here is the photo during construction....

cabanas4.jpg

And from the beach after they were opened.....

cabanas1.jpg

This is a map using the old numbers:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...-Retreat-Information-Pricing-January-2016.jpg

# 23 on serenity bay is "serenity bay cabin 2" now. we had this cabin on our December cruise on the Fantasy.

At Serenity Bay there are washrooms near the BBQ. The walk isn't horribly long, but you have to walk past cabin 1, and then the massage cabins, then cross the end of the runway then walk in a bit on the other side. Unfortunately, I never timed how long it took. Google maps thinks it is about 100 m.

SW
To add a little more confusion to the cabanas #s on Serenity Bay, just got off the Magic on Sunday. Noticed that the plaques outside the physical cabanas are still labeled Cabana 22 - 25.

I was talking to shoreside concierge just this afternoon asking about bathrooms. They said there is one next to family cabana #17. (there are some other bathrooms down closer to cabana 1). Enjoy your cruise!

Are you traveling concierge? If so, I would definitely suggest taking advantage of their services while on Castaway Cay. We found that the golf carts were at our beck and call! We didn't experience any delays at all. We stayed in Cabana 9 and we LOVED it! Thought it was close enough to everything we needed but far enough away from the main beach that when we were floating in the ocean we felt as though we were alone in the world! I'm sure your mother and grandmother will have a wonderful time. Enjoy your cruise!

When we had our cabana on Serenity Bay, the button either didn't work or they ignored us.......we tried multiple times.
I will say each time I walked to the bathroom, a golf cart saw me and picked me up. They didn't wait, which is fine, and I walked back.
Best wishes they wait on you hand and foot! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter