Castaway Cay on cold days

MalkaR

Mouseketeer
What kinds of things are available to do on Castaway Cay when the weather is too cold for water activities? I see they have bikes to rent that seem fun. Any cool ideas? Thanks!

We've been on a few January cruises in the past, and found that we enjoyed bike rides to the outlook tower as well as just walking the beach and enjoying the island. We will sit on the beach and enjoy the view even if the water's a little to chilly for us. Lunch is a must for us, and I love to take photos.

There's also the whale dig at Monstro Point and there are table games (like ping pong) under a covered area.

We like to go for a walk down through the pathways. It's usually too hot to do that so on cooler days, it makes for a nice bit of exercise without a lot of discomfort.

I have been there on chilly days and if its a sunny chilly day, we sit on the beach and just relax and enjoy.
We have had a cabana on a chilly day and its great to relax there too.
Just love being there and taking it in.

Our very first visit was a rainy, windy, cool day, what a let down weather wise. We made the best of it sat on the beach a little had some lunch and then headed back to the ship. That was th only time we have hit rain there.

We just returned from a cruise that included a Cay visit. Weather was in the low sixties with wind gusts to 40mph. They had to shut down umbrellas and the wind literally blew 2 people out in the water so far they had to go get them - but I will tell you, even in those conditions, people loved the water. My family members rented bikes, and went snorkling; I heard no complaints from them. As for myself, I am from upstate NY, so I thought the weather was wonderful and the water warm. I think it depends on the individual, but the suggestions from the previous writer are good ones. Don't miss the chance to visit the Cay, despite the weather. Castaway Cay is beautiful.

My kids have a new tradition at Castaway Cay. They bury DH in the sand and build sand castles around him. Can happen if it's hot or cold, he doesn't care, as long as sometimes I give him a sip of something, lol.

On our last chilly CC day, we sat on the adult beach in clothes, not bathing suits, we listened to the music and watched the folks in the water, because there were people in the water! It was a sunny day.:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter