Castaway Cay Sargassum?

dac2

Earning My Ears
Hello, I’m goin on the cruise next month , any signs of Sargassum at Castaway Cay?

It’s seaweed that is washed up to the shoreline and its very bad over in Cancun and it’s because of the environment change

I was at Castaway a month ago on June 5. Don't recall seeing any seaweed type vegetation. If they had any I'm sure the CM's would rake it up before guests were there. Bon Voyage.

There was a bunch after the hurricanes last Fall, but since they cleaned it up, I haven't seen any.

I was at Castaway a month ago on June 5. Don't recall seeing any seaweed type vegetation. If they had any I'm sure the CM's would rake it up before guests were there. Bon Voyage.

In some places, like parts of Cancun, it washes up after a storm in such enormous quantities that tractors working all night cannot make a dent. It’s awful...smells soooo bad too.

Hello, I’m goin on the cruise next month , any signs of Sargassum at Castaway Cay?
In Oct. 2017 there was a bad storm system we unfortunately had to cruise thru down from N Y on the Magic and there was a lot of seaweed on the edge of Serenity Bay. The smell was very strong. No one was out there cleaning it up and we did not stay as long as we would have because of it. I was surprised it was not removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter