• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay Twice

CrayzeeDiz

Mouseketeer
DCL may be testing the waters to see if more cruisers will want a second day on Castaway Cay on the 7 day Magic Cruises. The on board cruise agent told me that she is trying to organize a one time cruise that would go to castaway cay twice. The problem with going there twice is that on the second trip they need more than half the cruisers to actualy spend their second day on the island because most of the crew goes to the island . If evryone stays on board the ship there would not be enough help on board to handle the workload. Anyone else interested ? Any ideas ?

I LOVE Castaway Cay, but honestly, if there were two days I probably would stay on the ship the second day. I might get off for a Cabana massage though. I mch prefer the days at sea!

Kathy

In August 2000, we were "diverted" to Castaway Cay and spent two consecutive days there. I would say half, or more, stayed on the ship for at least a portion of the second day. As much as I love CastawayCay, I would prefer the day at Sea..

mac_tlc

As long as the weather were good I'd love a second day at CC. We spent our day at the adult beach, but it would have been nice to have had the time to rent bikes and explore the island, or something like that.

Anne

If it were to replace a day at sea, I would say no. I really enjoyed all the activities they had on the sea days. They really were some of the highlights from our trip.

Nope - keep it to one day!!

Days at sea are wonderful and unless you add more activities, Castaway Cay is just a one day excursion as far as we are concerned.

I am not sure how they coudl do two days unless they radically changed itineraries as they work now.

"DVC members only cruise" right now is on the "Wonder" and they are going 2 days to Castaway Cay, hopefully one of them(DVC members) will see this post and give there opinions.:D

Question - wasn't any one else bothered by the sand fleas???? I went insane all day and couldn't wait to get back on the ship - I itched so bad i had welts!!!! If we were to go back I would be hard pressed to do one day on the island, much less two!
Penny

Originally posted by Euphscott
Nope - keep it to one day!!

Days at sea are wonderful and unless you add more activities, Castaway Cay is just a one day excursion as far as we are concerned.

What about a lauo (sp?) on Castaway Cay on the first night. Something like what they have at the Poly.

That is so bizarre with the sand fleas...we sailed 7 times on dCL and we never had a problem with them. We just sailed 1/4 on the Magic and it was very windy on CC day. Maybe that is why we did not feel them. I wonder if it is a seasonal thing because we have been mostly in the summer months and never experienced them before.

MJ

I would love a second CC day! It was great for our 2 year old. No worries about taxies, just stroll off the ship & you're there! A party in the afternoon would be fun :)

We couldn't spend the whole day there, though. We're too fair skinned to handle a long beach day. So we'd want stuff to do on the ship also.

Our cruise on 9/28 was diverted from Western by Hurricane Lili - we went to Puerto Rico and St. Thomas and Castaway Cay twice. It's lovely but once would be enough for me, I'd rather be at sea. I'm not a swimmer/snorkeler or sunbather so that's where my 2 cents comes from!

As a big Spa fan (read "SPENDER" here!), I like the port days also because then the noise from basketball court above us is minimal. That was definitely a design flaw when they built the ships.

Rae

Well, being it's happening right now, I can really talk about it. It is a cool thing to do for a special cruise occasion. We just finished the first day and are looking forward to the second.

Would it be good as a regular thing? No. I think it would lose some of the shine of being a special visit of the ship it happened twice every cruise.

Maybe if the second day at Castaway Cay had more organized activities. The idea of a Luau is a good one, but unfortunately I understand the bugs at nightime are lousy, so it would have to be at daytime.

We enjoyed the 2 days at Castaway Cay but... on the 2nd day when we went back to the ship we noticed there were no activities on board. If I'd paid better attention, I would have stayed on board the first day and gone out the 2nd.

I agree that it's nice to do on a special cruise, but not on every cruise.

I think what makes it so special is the 1x, keep it that way. We have been there 3 times, all in August and have not had problems with sand fleas. If you are afraid just take some Avon Skin-So-Soft and put it on. It's what they use at Paris Island, if it's good for the Marines it has to be good!

...but a second "back up day" would be nice (Castaway earlier in the week) for those like us who didn't make it to Castaway due to mechanical (or weather related) problems

Sand fles drove us nuts!! We stayed on the ship and swam in the Mickey Pool, ate at the buffet etc. It was so quiet and relaxing! One day is enought for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter