Castaway club number issues

enzy65

Mouseketeer
My daughter made a DCL account and wanted to link her one cruise as a child to her account. Followed the directions on what to do and it doesn’t find her information. I will assume i need to call to get this fixed.
I called earlier to talk with someone and it said 4 minute wait and I was still on hold after an hour. I see it is platinum/golden oak early booking today for the treasure, that’s probably why the long wait to talk to someone.

My daughter made a DCL account and wanted to link her one cruise as a child to her account. Followed the directions on what to do and it doesn’t find her information. I will assume i need to call to get this fixed.
I called earlier to talk with someone and it said 4 minute wait and I was still on hold after an hour. I see it is platinum/golden oak early booking today for the treasure, that’s probably why the long wait to talk to someone.
Has her name changed? Did she get married since her cruise?

Unfortunately, this could be the wrong week for that.

If it’s not pressing, just try later in the day. First thing in the morning for a new batch of Castaway members should be busy. Mid-afternoon might be a better time.

The same applies each morning through Sep 20 - then it opens to the public.

Just hang up and try later if the wait is much longer than estimated!

It's probably an issue with a name change and/or spelling. Our last name is similar to "MacDonald" and DCL put a space between. We had to call and get it fixed. Or if she has married and/or otherwise changed her name, it's likely not recognizing the old name with the new.

Got it all taken care of, they answered in under 2 minutes. She had gotten married so last name different as to why there was issues.
Needed to get this issue resolved now so she can book the treasure on the 19th as silver. Thanks for the quick replies!!

So I just checked my daughters DCL account and it still is saying it needs to be linked. When I called and had this issue fixed the cm said it was showing her 1 sailing. I did see where it may take 24 hours for the system to recognize the change.
Anyone ever have this problem?? I may have to call back again tomorrow.

I didn’t get the correct information yesterday. Her last name can not be changed unless she has a reservation#. So on the 19th I will have to call to book her cruise and then they can go in and change the last name so it matches all her documents. What a mess!!

I didn’t get the correct information yesterday. Her last name can not be changed unless she has a reservation#. So on the 19th I will have to call to book her cruise and then they can go in and change the last name so it matches all her documents. What a mess!!
I'm not necessarily endorsing this, but you could make her a cheapo reservation now, call and get her Castaway updated, then cancel it. Could possibly even get it done with the reservation just on hold without having to pay a deposit?

That is what the cm tried to do yesterday, didn’t work obviously.
From my understanding I will call in on the 19th and book the cruise under her maiden name and then they should be able to change it.
Not sailing till April 2025, so have plenty of time to deal with this.
I would have never thought her and her husband would go on a Disney cruise because they kept talking about going on VV. Well, then all the info came out about the treasure and they were all in.

Just confirming you called the Castaway number? It feels like it they're making you jump through more hoops than you should need to. Unless you plan on calling in to make the reservation regardless? But it would be a lot faster to do it online.

Just confirming you called the Castaway number? It feels like it they're making you jump through more hoops than you should need to. Unless you plan on calling in to make the reservation regardless? But it would be a lot faster to do it online.
I called 1-800-951-3532, is there a # for cc??
I really just wanted to take care of it online.
Do not know how it will play out online, booking with maiden name and credit card info in married name.

I called 1-800-951-3532, is there a # for cc??
I really just wanted to take care of it online.
Do not know how it will play out online, booking with maiden name and credit card info in married name.
Try 800-449-3380. The issue with booking online is that she'll need to have a Disney account linked to her Castaway ID. If you can make that happen with her maiden name, you're good. The name on the cc won't matter.

Thanks for the castaway #, I’ll keep that handy.
Today I am just over all this mess, maybe tomorrow.

Well that's a change since I changed mine.

I called because I noticed looking at my affiliations the CC number wasn't there. I called and said I got married and my DCL profile has my married name but my CC number is still under my maiden name.

Yes her castaway ID is in her maiden name, her DCL profile is in her married name.
I just can’t believe it can not be corrected without an existing reservation.

Yes her castaway ID is in her maiden name, her DCL profile is in her married name.
I just can’t believe it can not be corrected without an existing reservation.

That wasn't the case whenever I changed mine. I literally just called in to someone at Castaway Club and told them I noticed my CC number was missing from my Disney profile and realized it was still under my maiden name and asked them to update it.

I had to just make a call to BCBS for a bill they didn’t pay, so I decided to try this name change again. What a day!!
I called 800-449-3380, it takes you you same place as the other #. I asked the cm if there was a special # for castaway club and she said no. Interesting!!
So this is my 3rd phone call and explained what needed to be done, she says she can’t make the changes but a supervisor could. Sometimes I think cm give out the wrong info.
Finally it is fixed, I did log into my daughters account before I hung up with them to make sure it was correct, it was showing her 1 cruise.
Thanks to all that responded and helped me out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter