Castaway Club Question

LUVDisney1975

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this has been asked somewhere else (I couldn't find it) but has anyone received the special car magnet for going on your 1st cruise? We went on our 1st cruise in July and were off the ship July 10. I got right home and logged into the castaway club. I'm now a member yeah!!!!!!:cheer2: It says that after each cruise you receive a special Disney Art card in the mail or if you are celebrating a milestone - first cruise or moving up in club status you'll receive a special car magnet. About how long after your cruise does it arrive?

I'm not sure if this has been asked somewhere else (I couldn't find it) but has anyone received the special car magnet for going on your 1st cruise? We went on our 1st cruise in July and were off the ship July 10. I got right home and logged into the castaway club. I'm now a member yeah!!!!!!:cheer2: It says that after each cruise you receive a special Disney Art card in the mail or if you are celebrating a milestone - first cruise or moving up in club status you'll receive a special car magnet. About how long after your cruise does it arrive?

You benefits as a Silver Castaway Club member will not kick in until your next cruise. Before the cruise, your ability to check-in and book Port Adventures, spa appointments, and Palo/Remy will open 15 days before first time cruisers, provided that you are paid in full. On that cruise you will have several gifts in you cabin when you arrive and you will be given Silver Castaway Club lanyards at check-in.

We cruised 6/28-7/5 and we got ours in the mail yesterday. You'll probabaly get yours soon.

You benefits as a Silver Castaway Club member will not kick in until your next cruise. Before the cruise, your ability to check-in and book Port Adventures, spa appointments, and Palo/Remy will open 15 days before first time cruisers, provided that you are paid in full. On that cruise you will have several gifts in you cabin when you arrive and you will be given Silver Castaway Club lanyards at check-in.

That's great info. Thank you!!! Super excited for next years cruise!!!! I can't wait to be part of the club :-)

It took a couple of months before I received mine. We sailed in January and it came sometime in March!

It took a couple of months before I received mine. We sailed in January and it came sometime in March!

Wow! March?! I guess I might have a little while to wait yet. I'll keep checking the mail every day and I guess one day I'll have a fun surprise :-)

My wife and I were on the 7/14-7/21 Alaskan cruise. That was our fifth Disney cruise. Today we got a letter from Disney congratulating us on out new Gold status and included the Silver member magnet to celebrate. Close :rolleyes2. I'm going to see if I can contact them about sending us the correct magnet.

My wife and I were on the 7/14-7/21 Alaskan cruise. That was our fifth Disney cruise. Today we got a letter from Disney congratulating us on out new Gold status and included the Silver member magnet to celebrate. Close :rolleyes2. I'm going to see if I can contact them about sending us the correct magnet.

Wow!? Somebody wasn't paying attention :confused: I'm sure if you call the Castaway Club number they'll send you the correct one. I called with another question and they were very helpful:)

You are supposed to get the silver magnet and and 10% discount if you book another cruise within a certain time (after your first cruise), but not everyone is getting them. The promotion has been messed up since the beginning. I should have gotten my gold magnet and did not. Some people are getting silver ones when they just turned gold. :confused3

I didn't hear about the 10% discount if booking close after another cruise.

We went on our 1st cruise in July and I made a huge mistake not booking on board.

About two weeks after my family got home, the kids were talking about the cruise non stop and my mom decided she wanted to go on a Disney cruise with me and the boys.

We decided on a double dip in September. I called DCL, mentioned we were just on a cruise etc and no one mentioned the 10%.

Can someone confirm or is it written somewhere?

I didn't hear about the 10% discount if booking close after another cruise.

We went on our 1st cruise in July and I made a huge mistake not booking on board.

About two weeks after my family got home, the kids were talking about the cruise non stop and my mom decided she wanted to go on a Disney cruise with me and the boys.

We decided on a double dip in September. I called DCL, mentioned we were just on a cruise etc and no one mentioned the 10%.

Can someone confirm or is it written somewhere?
You probably need to ask. Call back, maybe it's not too late.

This is my first time to cruise, but the other member of my cabin who is the "main" party is already a Silver member.

Do I get a Castaway Club number if I decided to cruise again on DCL without my friend?

This is my first time to cruise, but the other member of my cabin who is the "main" party is already a Silver member.

Do I get a Castaway Club number if I decided to cruise again on DCL without my friend?
As soon as you have completed one DCL cruise, you are a Castaway Club member and will have a number. If you don't get a card in the mail after you return, you can log-in on the website and find out your number.

This is my first time to cruise, but the other member of my cabin who is the "main" party is already a Silver member. Do I get a Castaway Club number if I decided to cruise again on DCL without my friend?

Yes, everyone in your cabin gets their own castaway club number. I was the main person in our cabin and my mom and 2 daughters each got their own numbers also.

I didn't hear about the 10% discount if booking close after another cruise. We went on our 1st cruise in July and I made a huge mistake not booking on board. About two weeks after my family got home, the kids were talking about the cruise non stop and my mom decided she wanted to go on a Disney cruise with me and the boys. We decided on a double dip in September. I called DCL, mentioned we were just on a cruise etc and no one mentioned the 10%. Can someone confirm or is it written somewhere?

I got a 10% discount coupon when my silver magnet & Castaway club card arrived. We sailed July 6 and I just got it a couple of days ago.

I only got the card..no magnet for me..:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter