castaway club

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
compared to other lines surely Disney needs to start giving move benefits to people who cruise Disney a lot

Not that many benefits I can see

Maybe more bottles of wine or bringing on a spirit could be one of them :p

Yea, I agree, no real benefits to speak of once onboard for repeat cruisers . I could do without the stateroom gifts.
How about a free "Drink of the day" on day 1 for gold or platinum cruisers.

I don't understand why they "need" to offer more benefits. I don't go for the benefits, I know what I'm going to get when I book. The service and quality are what keep me coming back not some perceived additional benefit.

I don't understand why they "need" to offer more benefits. I don't go for the benefits, I know what I'm going to get when I book. The service and quality are what keep me coming back not some perceived additional benefit.

As you say, they don't "need" to offer more benefits, and as long as there are people willing to pay their prices for their decreasing levels of service and quality (parks and cruises) they will continue on the path they are on. But someday, you too may find that their service and quality are poor compared to others. Then you will wonder why they didn't offer more benefits in an effort to keep their loyal customer base.

Everyone likes to feel appreciated. If you're loyal to a hotel brand, you get free nights and perks upon check in. If you're loyal to an airline, you get miles for free travel. It's just good business sense not to piss off your best customers and to make them feel good.

I would like to see room upgrades if available - like they do at hotels. Or OBC for frequent cruisers. Or even a nice welcome basket on arrival.

I only want them to give more benefits to be "in line with other cruise lines" like their excuse for the alcohol policy. I mean, if they can use it for justification for one thing, they have to accept the reasoning on our end as well. Internet minutes, free laundry, upgrades, etc. This is all offered for past cruisers at different levels, but not on DCL.

I agree it would be nice to have better perks. The bag is getting old and it just changes colors between levels. We've been looking at other cruiselines for Alaska, and one one of them (HAL or Princess) we get - Free Drink pkgs that includes soda and alcholic bevs, prepaid tips, free WiFi internet, 5 free adult restaurant meals and free 3rd passenger. This is all if we reserve a Jr. Suite which is only slightly bigger than DCL balcony and still less $$. This is not just for repeat customers but for anyone that reserves a suite. Balcony rooms just get to choose one of the perks. If these are their incentives just for room choice then I would love to see their perks for frequent cruisers. DCL is definitely lacking in that regards. I still love the level of service and attention to detail though that Disney gives. We will continue to sail with DCL due to that reason alone but they won't be getting all our business anymore.

A customer base is either loyal or not. If you need a " bribe" to remain loyal is that really loyalty? If quality or service decline I'll move on. I know what I'm getting when I put down my money. I can't bring liquor or get autographed items, those aren't deal breakers. I find it funny when people feel that they need something to make themselves feel special. If other lines are offering better deals go.

A customer base is either loyal or not. If you need a " bribe" to remain loyal is that really loyalty? If quality or service decline I'll move on. I know what I'm getting when I put down my money. I can't bring liquor or get autographed items, those aren't deal breakers. I find it funny when people feel that they need something to make themselves feel special. If other lines are offering better deals go.

I don't consider it a "bribe" for a company (or an individual for that matter) to show appreciation. Nor do I need something to "make me feel special"- I think I'm past that. I do however, appreciate when it's acknowledged.

It's a loyalty program, designed to encourage repeat sailings. End goal, as always, in to maximize revenue.

CC perks cost DCL next to nothing. Priority boarding, early shot at booking, early excursion reservations? All zero cost to Disney. Palo dinner for Platinum? Almost zero cost. It seems after 10 cruises, you have likely spent $50,000 on DCL. For that amount of money, how about a half price cruise or verandah room for the price of an inside cabin? You'll still spend plenty on your cruise and they can keep counting their money.

Just like the parks, though, as long as they have customers clamoring to get in and sell out cruises, they have no incentive to offer perks that cost them anything. So they will give us a different colored lanyard and a fancy title and we feel special.

just thinking about our last cruise, our first being Gold level, we did receive 10% off merchandise in the shops.
So estimating we spent $150 in shops, we saved $15. (thats $5 a person) for taking 6 cruises. Not much of a reward for being loyal.
I find it funny when people feel that they need something to make themselves feel special.
I don't need anything from them to make me feel special. We choose to spend the money because our family agrees its the best vacation(s) we've taken. And we'll continue to take them with or without CC perks. I'm just saying if your going to have a loyalty program, give them something that makes them feel appreciated.

But I agree with over50visits, With ships sailing near full all the time, they have no reason to offer more to CC members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter