Castaway/Galveston weather in nov- dec

coloradocutie

DIS Veteran
Thinking about a cruise that leaves out of Galveston Texas in November going to castaway cay. What is the weather like then? We have always done warm weather summer cruises. Is it warm enough to go in the water? Is it still pleasant enough to play in the beach and pools on the sea days? TIA!!!

The weather here in that part of Texas varies a lot during that time. There have been plenty of November and December days when we have been swimming, but it can get really cold.

We went on this cruise last January, and the weather was lovely (other than the fog which is a whole other story). We were in the pools on the ship, and swam and snorkled at Castaway Cay, but it was not so hot that you felt like you were melting walking back to the ship.

We cruised Dec. 8th-15th 2017, it was sunny/warm at CC but the water was CHILLY. I did not let my boys stay in long; although plenty cruisers had no issues. We still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We sailed from Galveston on December 15 this year. The weather in Gavleston was overcast and cool; maybe in the high 50s and low 60s. We wore jeans and long-sleeve shirts to board the ship.

Sea day #1 was not exactly tropical, but still very nice. My daughter swam - I was happy sitting on the deck in the sun. The rest of the cruise was very warm, including Castaway Cay. I thought the water was just a touch too chilly for the air temperature - it was comfortable outside, not sweltering. But it was still very good!

We've done CC a number of times in November and December and while sometimes the water was a little cool for me, lots of people were still swimming. The beach has always been comfortable.

Thinking about a cruise that leaves out of Galveston Texas in November going to castaway cay. What is the weather like then? We have always done warm weather summer cruises. Is it warm enough to go in the water? Is it still pleasant enough to play in the beach and pools on the sea days? TIA!!!
Castaway Cay has been warm the three times we have been there in winter. Galveston, however, is just as likely to be cool or cold as it is to be warm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter