Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure Questions

nenis

Mouseketeer
1) If I purchase the stingray adventure for my girls (5 and 9) Can my parents accompany them without having to purchase the plan if they are just going to care over my girls?

2)Are vests and snorkels included during this experience? We usually purchase the Getaway package, but this year we are bringing our own snorkels. Can we use our own snorkels but use their vest?

1) If I purchase the stingray adventure for my girls (5 and 9) Can my parents accompany them without having to purchase the plan if they are just going to care over my girls?

2)Are vests and snorkels included during this experience? We usually purchase the Getaway package, but this year we are bringing our own snorkels. Can we use our own snorkels but use their vest?

1. Adults accompanying the children would also have to purchase the package.

2. They do provide snorkel equipment during the experience. You are not required to use it, and may use your own equipment in the stingray area. Snorkel vests are free and required.

We just did this in April. You're paying for one of the limited spots standing around the feeding station, so they can't make exceptions there for charging. You really can't help but participate.

What if I just want to take pictures but not partake in it, will I still have to pay?

What if I just want to take pictures but not partake in it, will I still have to pay?
I am pretty sure you can stand on the beach area behind the feeding location and take pictures. But you will not really be getting good shots of the feeding or of the swimming with the Rays. The backs of the folks feeding the Rays are to you as they stand knee deep in the stations. And once they are done feeding, they go back out into the water in the snorkel area where those who have paid can snorkel and swim with them.
You can bring your own snorkel equipment, but they require you to wear their vests.

I believe an adult is required to accompany small kids - there is some minor assistance needed during the stingray feeding. You also have to check in prior to going to the area - not sure if they would let non-paying folks back there.

Like @Sytrace said, they might let you stand on the beach but you'd be getting shots of everyone's backside and no view of the rays at all.

how long are you allowed to snorkel in the area after you feed them?

The entire excursion only lasts about an hour. We did it in 2017, spent maybe 20 mins feeding them and then rest of time was for snorkeling. There's really not much to see as far as snorkeling . It's just a sandy bottom with some plain looking fish. The stingrays didn't seem interested in swimming around us since we weren't giving them any food then. Pretty boring actually.

Last edited:
how long are you allowed to snorkel in the area after you feed them?

We have done this a couple of times...I would say about 15 to 20 minutes of feeding and the rest is snorkeling. If you have an underwater camera, you can get some pretty awesome shots of them, but you want to go beyond where everyone else is and yet stay in the area permitted.
They are really interesting creatures up close and when they eat it feels sort of like a vacumn with little teeth. Very weird sensation. The food you feed them is pretty gross though. Squishy. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter