castle projection show

zaksmom

Mouseketeer
The memories show projected on the castle before wishes is something my son really wants to see this year. For those of you who have watched this from a wheelchair, where is the best place to view this? Does it have to be viewed straight on?
Thanking in advance for your thoughts..

I'd like to know the answer to this too. Can it be easily seen from the reserved Handicapped parade viewing spot in the hub? Is this section still roped off for wheelchair and ECV guests after the parade (for the show and Wishes too)?

We were in the hub viewing area after the parade to watch the show and DD had something blocking her view, I think it might have been a tree. We ended up moving across the way but even then DD felt like she was craning her neck the whole time. It actually worked out a little better to be farther away from the castle. Anyway, we only saw the show that one time, so we never settled on the "perfect" spot.

I will say that we were allowed to stay where we were after the parade, but they took the rope barriers down and so it got a lot more crowded.

Mary

I can see this being mostly bad viewing for wheelchair users. I would like a good answer to this, as well. I haven't seen the show, but I almost think being on the porch of the Cyrstal Palace might be the best option. You could get right at the railing and even if someone was down below it wouldn't block your view; because, you are higher up. Another problem will be the porch railings, but maybe if you look up you would get an ok view out of it.

Another thought would be going to the dessert party. Again, you are above the crowds, but you are definitely farther away then Cyrstal Palace. Not sure when they allow people in for the dessert party. Also, they may rope that area off ahead of time and you may not be able to get in there except for the fireworks time.

Finally, if you don't care about the fireworks viewing as much then being in front of the stage area of the castle might be your best bet. You'll have to strain some, but you should be able to see a lot of it and you would be up close.

It would be nice to hear from others actual experiences on this one.

I can see this being mostly bad viewing for wheelchair users. I would like a good answer to this, as well. I haven't seen the show, but I almost think being on the porch of the Cyrstal Palace might be the best option. You could get right at the railing and even if someone was down below it wouldn't block your view; because, you are higher up. Another problem will be the porch railings, but maybe if you look up you would get an ok view out of it.

Another thought would be going to the dessert party. Again, you are above the crowds, but you are definitely farther away then Cyrstal Palace. Not sure when they allow people in for the dessert party. Also, they may rope that area off ahead of time and you may not be able to get in there except for the fireworks time.

Finally, if you don't care about the fireworks viewing as much then being in front of the stage area of the castle might be your best bet. You'll have to strain some, but you should be able to see a lot of it and you would be up close.

It would be nice to hear from others actual experiences on this one.

We watched this show from the dessert party. They open it up about half an hour before the fireworks, and the Memories show was before the fireworks, so it worked out well. The view was great to see the entire castle and effects. However you are slightly to the side and far enough away that the pictures are hard to make out. If I knew someone in one of the pictures, I would not be able to recognize them. But it was great to see the complete castle and the wonderful effects they used!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter