Casts and Rides

lisamc12345

Earning My Ears
My 12-year-old son broke his foot on Saturday. We are seeing the ortho doctor today so we will know more then but we are supposed to leave for Disney on 9/24. My question is will he be able to ride the big rides with a cast on his foot? I can't recall if I've ever seen restrictions on rides for those with casts. Thanks.

I think you should be ok on most rides, though you may need some additional waterproof protection for any possible water rides.

Are you renting a wheelchair for getting about the parks easier?

As long as it is below the knee and he can sit inside the ride then he will be fine. When you go to the doctor ask about him getting a wheelchair from a local medical supply ( so your insurance might pick up the cost). If you don;t already have one, you will need it when you get there, but you can rent one at the parks if you need to.

The only restriction on rides for a person with a cast is if the cast could potentially cause injuries to other Guests.

In addition, you might want to talk to the person who will be removing the cast. Have a line drawn on the cast where it will be cut for removal. Then bring along some "Sharpies" and have the characters autograph the cast, asking them to make sure their signature does not directly cross the line.

Once the cast is removed and fully dried out, you will then have a very unusual souvenir of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter