Casual DVC conversation

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
Had to share this: conversation between my DH and me.
DH: So what are the Disney plans
Me: Well we have HHI this year, next year OKW
DH: When is Aluani?
Me: We'd have to do some bank/borrow then we can go
DH: So we'd need more points.
Me: yes.
DH: well can't we just get more?
me: (jumping up and down inside) of course we can! When should I call?

moral of the story: even not-so-big Disney fans love the DVC points!

LOVE this post. Made us giggle. Happy for your incoming add-on! What resort you thinking?

Nice! Just don't clue him in too much as he's probably a little unawares of the whole deal. Like cost and all. LOL!!

So where you going to buy?

I too would love to be the kind of rich where I could just casually talk about spending tens of thousands of dollars on something I don’t particularly care for like it’s nothing.

LOL.

My conversation this year:
Me: Disney in 2024?
DW: Let's bring the 7 year old niece
Me: 1 bedroom?
DW: Let's bring my sister; we may need her to control the niece.
Me: 1 bedroom?
DW: Those two wake up at 5am.
Me: 2 bedroom?
DW: Yes, Theme park view because they both go to bed early
Me: That's going to use almost two years of points.
DW: Don't we have banked points?
Me: We do. Enough to cover the shortfall in current year points.
DW: Then we don't need to buy any.
Me: Correct.
DW: We can have my sister book rides with Genie+ at 7am before we even wake up. That's a huge benefit.
Me: I just wish they'd go back to a more realistic booking window for Genie+, like matching the 60 day dining booking window.
DW: We can only dream...

My situation is a bit different.

Last year, DH wanted to add a small contract at a 2nd resort for short SAP stays. I said we don't need more points after having just bought a sizable resale at our original resort. This, he said, would absolutely be enough points. No more. Definitely no more.

So, we got a 2nd resort 50pt resale for SAP. We both said that was enough points.

Yup, you guessed it. Now, HE'S talking a 3rd resort small contract, and I'm saying, "NO more points!"

A serious case of addonitis.

I too would love to be the kind of rich where I could just casually talk about spending tens of thousands of dollars on something I don’t particularly care for like it’s nothing.
Oh don't get me wrong. DH really enjoys his WDW trips. Loves to golf there more than anything. He acts like he doesn't love it..... but deep down inside, his heart is shaped like Mickey !

I'm just delighted someone considers us rich--after we saved for over 5 years to buy in and 3 more to add the resales last year.

That involved denying ourselves some very nice dinners out, our primary entertainment, because we'd agree to "Put that amount in Disney/DVC savings."

Yes, we have a separate savings account for that. I bet others do, too.

I'm just delighted someone considers us rich--after we saved for over 5 years to buy in and 3 more to add the resales last year.

That involved denying ourselves some very nice dinners out, our primary entertainment, because we'd agree to "Put that amount in Disney/DVC savings."

Yes, we have a separate savings account for that. I bet others do, too.
Same - tee hee. Not to say we haven't financed other contracts but our VDH one next week we've been saving since they announced it in 2020 and will be cash. We are those weird "money envelope people" and at the end of the month we'd see what we could shift into DVC savings and rejoice in how we were progressing. It's going to be so nice to have it paid in full. Haha - the first time. No interest, baby!

This is very similar to where we are - was thinking we'd really like to try Aulani sometime, but there are 5 of us and 250 AKL points. We've been able to do some nice stays at BLT (9 night 1BR, Riviera (7 night 1 BR), and SSR (6 night 1 BR) in the past 18 months... but that ran to 840 points and consumed our banked points and more leaving just 153 for 2023 UY.

Here's where it gets fun - talked it over and we agreed 200 more points at SSR would be great. Now I'm waffling on going to Aulani at all because this opens up options I never thought about before, like a 2 BR at Beach Club. Have never even considered because studios are impossible to get and 1 BR is really only good for 4 guests. I might be in the doghouse if I say well we really need one more add on to do Aulani :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter