• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cat 5 vs 6 ???

I just got back from my first Disney cruise in July and we had a cat. 6 stateroom. I don't know what the difference is, but the cat 6 was wonderful and worth every penny! If you can, I'd try to request stateroom 6058. That was ours and it was perfect! The room was right off the elevators (but it was NOT noisy!) and one floor down from the Oceaneer Club. It was convenient to everything and was located midship so we didn't feel much rocking on the boat.

Originally posted by SeaGirl
I just got back from my first Disney cruise in July and we had a cat. 6 stateroom. I don't know what the difference is, but the cat 6 was wonderful and worth every penny! If you can, I'd try to request stateroom 6058. That was ours and it was perfect! The room was right off the elevators (but it was NOT noisy!) and one floor down from the Oceaneer Club. It was convenient to everything and was located midship so we didn't feel much rocking on the boat.

Seagirl

Glad to read your post.We are also taking our 1st Disney cruise
baby21.gif
in Feb and will be in a catagory 6(6076). Which is pretty close to your room on the other side of the elevators.
Did you use the steps or elevators most of the time?

Glad to hear the rooms by the elevators are not that noisy. Next July, we will be on deck 7 and close to the elevator!

Karen

The only difference in those categories is the deck that it is located on--the Category 5 rooms are located on a deck higher than the Cat 6 rooms. Other than that the rooms are exactly the same. Worth more $$?? Not in my eyes, but that is only my opinion--either deck would be fine for me, just so long as I have my verandah! :teeth:

Sue Ellen

I think I have figured out that catagory 5 (which we stayed in after an upgrade from catagory 6) is more expensive so that when catagory 6 sells out, people can still get a veranda and Disney can charge more............oh, of course they are one deck higher but I can tell you I could not tell the difference either from the veranda or when climbing the stairs.
Barbara

Replying to above post; we were in 6058 right off the elevators but used the steps most days except for going to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter