Catching a flight after the Dream

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
Due to family issues, we need to change our plans at the last minute to return home right after we leave the dream. Changing flights at the last minute is costly. Would you be comfortable with a 2:15 flight out of tampa? It's a 2 hour drive. We will have a rental car parked at the port. Thank you

Yes. Very much so. TPA is only another hour further than MCO. The latest you can remain on the ship is 9am so you have 3 hours to do a 2 hour drive.

Two hours is a conservative estimate. With the traffic between the Beachline and Hwy. 27 on I-4, it's more like 2.5 hours, at least. I'd make sure you have a good map app to avoid any serious backups.

I'm sure you've done this, but since I went through this, figured I'd put it out there. Rental companies hate it when you change where you're returning the car to. Just be sure you're pricing that out to change your return airport from MCO to Tampa and make sure it's not ridiculous. We looked at flying home from Tampa instead of MCO and the rental car hassle alone detoured us from it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter