• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Catching the Disney Magic - Solo first timer review

Viking7641

Mouseketeer
Hello!

Thought I'd share my thoughts as a first timer visiting Disney Parks. A bit about myself.

The Basics - 28 Years old single gay male. I work as a librarian in a public library making about $41,000. With my student loans......this lowers my disposable income a bit but I love to travel.

Favorite Disney movies - Pirates of The Caribbean, Mulan, The Lion King. Big Star Wars fan.

Dates of Trip October 20th - October 26th.

Resort - Pop Century.

So here it goes. (not a lot of pictures yet) I'll break it down by park / major events.

I flew out of Logan airport at 7:05 AM. It was uneventful, I chose NOT to use Disney luggage service, as I like to see my bag as much as possible when traveling! Landed at 10 AM

Magical Express - I found it convenient, comfortable, and easy to find! The line went quickly despite issues with people in front of me. I scanned my magic band and in seconds was in line for my resort. The wait after that was only about 20 minutes, not bad at all. The first cast member who really was exceptional was our driver Jefferson Unfortunately I noticed only me and one other tipped him for helping us with our bags. I guess many don't know to do so?

Resort / Check in - I have pretty low level needs in a hotel. I used to travel in hostels, but on my most recent trip to Iceland i stayed in very basic hotels. The magical express first took us to Art of Animation, curbside it looked beautiful. Cast members had lots of activities for kids, the landscaping was superb. Then came Pop Century I can't say I was giddy with anticipation, I just wanted to put my stuff down at this point, and change into some shorts frankly. The grounds were immaculate, but it certainly didn't impress from the outside like AOA.

I didn't need to check in, as seconds before I got off the bus I got a text that my room was ready, awesome! 6315, hmmm, what does that mean? I got my bag and went into the lobby. It was shiny, clean, and had a bit of a line. I decided to bypass them and try to navigate myself, luckily the maps on the wall showed me the way!

Building 6 is in the 1970s section of the resort. So I looked for the giant Mickey Phone. It was like an oasis in a brightly colored, over stimulating desert! The building were what I had read, concrete rectangles painted brightly and with over the top signage and decor. I found the elevator, which was to my surprise, rather dirty, like someone had spilled food recently and it hadn't been cleaned recently. Actually this whole area of the building needed a fresh coat of paint. BUT I thought, this is a value resort!

My room was easy to find, clean, and big enough for me certainly! I adored the "Mickey shampoo" as I did a quick once over for obvious issues. The shower-head leaked a bit, but nothing major. The AC was ice cold, the bed was comfy, and I hogged all the pillows from both full beds.

By the time I called my mom and chatted a bit, it was one PM. I discarded plans to Uber to a grocery store and hit my first park Hollywood Studios

Hope you had fun at HS! We love Pop! Never stayed in the 70's section! Hate to hear the elevator was dirty...yuck! Hope someone cleaned it!!

I'm joining in too! We have never stayed at Pop but have been thinking about it for our next trip for a couple of nights. Anxious to see pics when/if you can upload them :)

Hey thanks everyone!

I'll add more tomorrow, I am going through my pics. Unfortunately I lost quite a few from upload corruption and don't have ANY of the resort except for one blurry pic of the Mickey Phone! :rolleyes2
\
Heres a Diagon Alley selfie!
photo.php

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter