Cats trailer. Enter at your own risk

While I loved the original, this trailer gave me the creeps. Think I'll pass on seeing it in the theaters, and wait for it to go to video--- at a reduced price!

I have never seen this play in any way before, and now after watching the trailer, I don't think that I ever will. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good musical, but I'm not sure that this will qualify. An interesting cast...who knows, if I see it at the library, I might pick it up and watch it for free.

Kind of does beg the question of how they SHOULD have done it. They could have used the B'way costumes and just "filmed the musical", but where's the fun in that? ;)

Or they could have gone much more realistic like the Whovians did. Anyone remember the Sisters of Plenitude on New Earth:
latest

FWIW, the funniest review of the trailer that I saw was in the UK's Guardian newspaper: https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...s-andrew-lloyd-webber-musical-film-adaptation

Never saw Cats, but the trailer is hilarious. Is it supposed to be that funny? I was thinking it was more of a drama. And such big stars in it!

I've seen the stage show several times and enjoy it. It's not one of my favorites but it's a solid score which can be artfully danced and "Memory" is an amazing song. The movie has anlot of very talented people in it and... looks HORRIBLE. I mean seriously creepy...

Wow, that's a TERRIBLE choice of words after what happened to her family. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but a different word would be better.
If I had meant anything by it, I would have said so. Saying she didn't do a good job doesn't come close to conveying just how awful it is. Her family's past never entered my head.

I didn't get very far in to the trailer when it was posted but wanted to watch the whole thing and I can't believe Idris Elba is in this. I can't unsee him as a cat and now my fantasies are going to be really weird :rotfl:

Always hated this overrated one hit show. Memory by Streisand and the dance version by Ménage is enough.

While this movie version looks appalling, the London and Broadway versions must have been pretty fantastic. London: 21 years 8,949 performances. Broadway: 18 years 7,485 performances. Both runs setting records. 11 Tony Noms. with 7 wins, 1 Grammy Nom. and 1 win, and 8 Laurence Olivier Noms. with 2 wins. Not too shabby!

This is so frightening. On so many levels.

Back when I took the SAT I knew the word terpsichorean when it appeared in the exam because of Cats. So thank you T.S. Eliot (and ALW) for helping me out with that. But this trailer really does not help me out in life in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter