• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR Bus or MiniVan

bmdq89

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at CBR next week, and are curious about transportation to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. If we want to get to the parks as soon as they open, when do we get on the bus? And how long is the bus ride, including the internal loop. We are requesting Jamaica, if that helps.

The other option is Mini Vans. But we still don't know what time we should book a ride--or the cost.

Thanks.

We will be staying at CBR next week, and are curious about transportation to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. If we want to get to the parks as soon as they open, when do we get on the bus? And how long is the bus ride, including the internal loop. We are requesting Jamaica, if that helps.

The other option is Mini Vans. But we still don't know what time we should book a ride--or the cost.

Thanks.

We have never missed a rope drop when we've been at the bus stop an hour before. Looking over my notes from our last couple trips, to MK ~ 11 minutes, to AK ~13 minutes.

Thanks.
So we've stayed in Jamaica before and liked the location for proximity to the skyliner and the bus depot. I will say the bus rides at CBR do feel long especially at the end of the day with all the stops. If rope dropping or being some where by a certain time is important to you, the recommended bus arrival time is 90 minutes for ETPE, see this thread for all things around that subject. https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/

We stayed for a full week at CBR and after the third day of buses, we started using uber. Minnie Vans were not back at that time but we've used MV's before and they're awesome. I think the prices now can be anywhere from $30-$50 without gratuity. You'd book your MV just like you would your lyft. I'd start checking the lyft app when you wake up to check availability and the app will show you nearby MVs or Lyft rides and how far they are from you. It's super easy.

We have never missed a rope drop when we've been at the bus stop an hour before. Looking over my notes from our last couple trips, to MK ~ 11 minutes, to AK ~13 minutes.
So we've stayed in Jamaica before and liked the location for proximity to the skyliner and the bus depot. I will say the bus rides at CBR do feel long especially at the end of the day with all the stops. If rope dropping or being some where by a certain time is important to you, the recommended bus arrival time is 90 minutes for ETPE, see this thread for all things around that subject. https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/

We stayed for a full week at CBR and after the third day of buses, we started using uber. Minnie Vans were not back at that time but we've used MV's before and they're awesome. I think the prices now can be anywhere from $30-$50 without gratuity. You'd book your MV just like you would your lyft. I'd start checking the lyft app when you wake up to check availability and the app will show you nearby MVs or Lyft rides and how far they are from you. It's super easy.
Thank you, SouthernBelle. Can you give a rough estimate of how long it took to get to MK from Jamaica when including all the bus stops? And how long it took to get from back to Jamaica?

I am not expecting you to have a crystal ball. I was just trying to get a general comparison between an Minnie Van and the bus.

THANK YOU!

Thank you, SouthernBelle. Can you give a rough estimate of how long it took to get to MK from Jamaica when including all the bus stops? And how long it took to get from back to Jamaica?

I am not expecting you to have a crystal ball. I was just trying to get a general comparison between an Minnie Van and the bus.

THANK YOU!
I'd say most trips were a min of 20 min from getting on to getting off at the MK bus depot. This doesn't include your wait time for the bus which is a big question mark. There are so many variables. Sometimes our bus also stopped at Riviera, sometimes it didn't. Sometimes it stopped at the skyliner bus stop, some times it didn't. The bus ride itself isn't usually the issue unless you get stuck in traffic, it's the wait. Staying in Jamaica, most times you're the first stop when the buses arrive so the bus shouldn't be full when it arrives at your stop. We did not rope drop any parks during our stay at CBR but the 90 min consensus would apply to give you ample time for all sorts of issues. I would say a Minnie Van would be 10-15 minutes with no traffic and the big benefit is you know when it's arriving and it will also drop you right at the MK entrance and not have to walk from the bus depot.

I would say a Minnie Van would be 10-15 minutes with no traffic and the big benefit is you know when it's arriving and it will also drop you right at the MK entrance and not have to walk from the bus depot.
Except the wait, or even availability, can kill a MV rope drop plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter