CBR main pool closed - other resort offered?

Sls1160

Earning My Ears
We booked CBR in early March and the main feature pool will be closed for refurbishment. This resort works best for us for a few reasons, but I’m disappointed about the pool! My kids would have loved having a slide.

I’ve seen some older posts about how a feature pool closure meant guests had access to a nearby resort’s pool - does anyone know if they still do this? Wondering if the Riviera pool might be offered.

It seems like a several pools are going into refurbishment at the same time. That could play into their decision of whether to allow access to other resort’s pools, as they would not want them to be overcrowded. Personally, I would not expect them to allow moderate guests to visit a deluxe resort’s pool, although I could see them allowing the reverse. Most of the pool reciprocation in the past seems to have been between resorts at the same level, such as deluxe-deluxe, moderate-moderate, and value-value, or resorts who are considered related, like the PO resorts.

I would monitor the situation and see if anything changes closer to the closure time. It is always possible that the refurbishment could be pushed back or the closure period reduced. I hope you have a great trip in spite of the pool situation.

CBR has a bunch of just regular pools around the resort. Doubt they will let you use another resort’s pool. I think Riviera only has 1 pool. French Quarter can go to Riverside when their pool is closed because they don’t have a secondary pool.

CBR has a bunch of just regular pools around the resort. Doubt they will let you use another resort’s pool. I think Riviera only has 1 pool. French Quarter can go to Riverside when their pool is closed because they don’t have a secondary pool.
POFQ and POR always share pool access if guests choose. And you are correct, they are not allowing CBR guests to use the RR pool. I'm a little surprised they decided to refurb two pools at two moderate resorts at the same time. And I think the Skyliner will also be closed for about a week during the same time frame! Mid January is not a time to be staying at the CBR!

RIV has 2 pools the pools, a main & a quiet pool, but the main pool does not have the capacity for RIV + CBR.

They usually only do this for equivalent neighbor resorts. Like if the big Beach Club pool was closed, they might allow boardwalk. Since CB doesn't really have an equivalent neighbor resort and plenty of smaller pools, I'm not surprised they aren't offering access to other places.

Yikes both POFQ and CBR will have their pools closed in the same timeframe. Was hoping to book another moderate stay in March, and wanted to try something other than Riverside. Our options are quite limited :(

Like if the big Beach Club pool was closed, they might allow boardwalk
The themed pools don't have the capacity to add another resort, possibly excepting January when the weather is too cold for most guests.

Years ago, I don't remember thebdetails, Disney gave effected resort guests complimentary water park passes and dedicated bus service. I think it was one of the EPCOT resorts. I suspect water park passes might be offered today if a guest made enough of an issue.

The themed pools don't have the capacity to add another resort, possibly excepting January when the weather is too cold for most guests.

Years ago, I don't remember thebdetails, Disney gave effected resort guests complimentary water park passes and dedicated bus service. I think it was one of the EPCOT resorts. I suspect water park passes might be offered today if a guest made enough of an issue.
This past summer, Pixar Pier guests were allowed to use the Grand Cal pool. It was definitely crowded. Waterpark passes seem like the best alternative.

You could always rebook at the Riviera, if you want something other than the leisure pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter